Questions & Answers
Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch (Black)
by Garmin
4.0 out of 5 stars (263)
$189.95
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 50 questions
vote
I did not find the touchscreen to be too sensitive at all. After a few minutes of inactivity you have to "slide to unlock" the screen for any inputs. I would say that the pressure is great, to make changes, not too sensitive nor hard. You DO have to sorta push a little bit when making changes or selections, but it seems right to me. Bottom line, I don't think that you'll be seeing some unnecessary inputs while playing a round of golf. Garmin did pretty well on this watch. I hope this answers your question.
Jul 17, 2014 by Jason F. Murphy
vote
110 V Charger with a mini USB connection. Plug it into the wall or computer. Everything you need except a tee time.
Jan 23, 2014 by P. Johnson
votes
i know it must somehow. the walking odometer is in meters.
Sep 5, 2014 by mikeo
votes
I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8 and have had zero issues. Even the course update versions loaded without any issues. I can't comment on other versions of the OS, but so far easy as can be.
Feb 11, 2013 by morsel
votes
Here is what I learned today by calling Garmin. The $50 rebate for the S3 is a Garmin manufacturer's rebate; good for up to quantity five of the rebated products. I believe that this is a limited time offer ending 6-Jul-2013. The URL for the rebate form is http://garmin.blogs.com/files/approach-g6-and-s3-50usd-rebate-offer-coupon.pdf downloadable from http://garmin.blogs.com/promotions/ . I believe that you have to buy it first, then register it on the Garmin website, before you submit the rebate coupon and receipt (as proof of purchase). To submit the coupon and receipt, you can either mail the completed coupon and receipt, or fax both to Garmin (1-913-440-8280, ATTN Rebates), or email it to rebates@garmin.com (e.g., forward the Amazon email receipt and attach an image of the completed coupon form. -- Matthew, 3-May-2013
May 3, 2013 by Matthew S. Hecht
votes
I have both and the S3 iOS much better. Touch screen and easier to navigate through.
Jul 21, 2014 by Playgolfnj
votes
No other fees. This comes preloaded with golf courses.
Jun 23, 2013 by Maple Hill Golf
votes
you can use the usb port, if your car provide it. another option is to use any kind of usb adapter into the cigarrete ligther of the car (i have one, belkin, with two usb ports). you must use the garmin original power cable. i think that is possible to buy an extra cable... I FOUND A ORIGINAL S3 POWER CABLE IN THE GARMIN SITE. IT COSTS U$24.99.
Feb 3, 2014 by antonio carlos pimpao
votes
Does it work in usa 24 days ago
Yes you may load golf courses all over the world but I only loaded the USA courses.
24 days ago by Betty J Serratt
votes
Yes
Dec 1, 2014 by Robert E Waltman
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers