5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to your Montana GPS
Published 22 months ago by Scott Helmann

Published on November 21, 2012 by Cheryl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the sand filled base better than this sticky rubber one, November 21, 2012
Cheryl "clo" (Pleasant Hill, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
We have another Garmin model that has a dash holder that has a sand type base. That is much nicer than the sticky rubber base on this dash holder. When the dash gets hot I worry about the base actually sticking/melting to the cars dash. It also does not conform as well as the other model. Unfortunately, I need the mount with the speaker so this was, at the time I bought it, the only dash mounting option.

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak link, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
Ball mount made of plastic. Broke one petal (plastic) and made entire unit useless. Works good but be very careful....IT'S PLASTIC!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to your Montana GPS, March 11, 2013
Scott Helmann (Rapid City, SD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
This works great to charge and power your Montana GPS while driving, including speaking and other tone prompts. We also picked up a discounted Garmin City Navigator on a micro Sim and loaded in the GPS (here on Amazon). When we want an Excellent Garmin Driving GPS we just click on the driving profile and it acts like as a top of the line Garmin Navigator complete with voice directed routing, and driving maps. Then when we want to go hiking and geocaching we change to the Geocaching profile and we are using the super detailed 1:2400 Topo Quad Maps we have loaded into the internal memory as well as all the geocaching data. If your a fisherman then load the fishing maps, there are a number of other profiles you can define. Finally a single GPS receiver that does everything extremely well. The Mount is light weight (great for traveling on an airline), and stays put on the dash. The GPS easily snaps in and out of the mount and the only other connection is the cigarette lighter adapter for power. Questions? Give me a shout at TeamFamilyAffair@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as advertised., October 15, 2012
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
I had no problem using this mount with the Garmin Montana 650t.
The screen continuously stayed on with daylight visible brightness, which is desireable.
When the street name font and waypoint font were set to large or medium there was no problem reading the characters when the Montana was in the cradle on top of my dashboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as designed ..., May 15, 2012
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
Works as it should... Bought it in the US as it is ridicoulus expensive in Europe (~110$). Dislike that Garmin is not delivering voice guidance via the Montana directly. The Cradle itself works very well

3.0 out of 5 stars I now put it over by the inspection sticker and it works fine there., August 23, 2014
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
Only draw back is if you have to swerve or make a fast turn and have it sitting in the middle of the dash board the GPS ends up on the floor. I now put it over by the inspection sticker and it works fine there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Montana 650T Navigator, October 19, 2011
Rick Nelson (Bedford, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
Very high quality construction. Awesome speaker quality. Love that it folds up for transport or storage. Anti friction base is really cool and really works well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, but..., July 4, 2012
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
Works okay but leaves a mark on the dash that doesn't wash off. Think the windshield mount might be a better choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
I really like the mobility of this mount. It fits different dashboards and is very handy on the road. very good if you want to move from car to car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Garmin Auto Friction Mount Kit with Speaker (Electronics)
This gives a flexibility in taking the unit from vehicle to vehicle or hiking etc. It is a bit bulky, but we have two of them, as it can be charged on this base at home and the other one left in the vehicle. It snaps in place securely and allows for viewing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›