5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Forerunner 305!
There are a few reviews on here that mention using this product with the Forerunner 305, but I wanted to make sure I posted a review to state specifically that yes - the Forerunner 305 fits on this perfectly (even though the description says Forerunner 405 and Forerunner 50).

Published on June 22, 2010 by Burke White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for large diameter handlebars.
Published on October 27, 2009 by M. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Forerunner 305!, June 22, 2010
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)

I initially looked at the Forerunner 305 Quick-Release kit, but the horror stories of the device popping out of the wristband or bike mount quickly scared me away. With this mount, you can keep your 305 on its original wrist-strap, and feel more secure on your bike as the strap is wrapped around the mount. Garmin should abandon that Quick-Release kit and just use this as their mount for all their Forerunners.

One note - you do have to rotate the mount downward to see the 305 screen in an optimal position, but this hasn't affected the GPS reception at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's worth it., July 19, 2009
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
This is a handy accessory, I didn't bother doing the plastic tie-ons, when the watch is buckled around it, it stays on fine (However, I don't leave my bike in public, so I don't have the worry of things getting stolen from the bike).

It's much easier for me to see the Garmin on the handle bars as I'm not coordinated enough to bike with one or no hands. (Yes, I'm a beginner, I just started biking in May 2009).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for large diameter handlebars., October 27, 2009
M. White (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
This bike mount is not made for larger diameter handlebar tubes such as on my Cannondale CAAD9-5. It would be nice for them to publish more information about what diameter tubes that this is made to fit around. It is made of seemingly good quality soft rubber so will fit around almost any size bar, but will become too large for the stiff wrist-strap of the Garmin 405 (but may not be a problem for the 305).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Functional, October 21, 2009
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
The bike mount works very well. It is simple to switch my Forerunner 305 between my 3 bikes. It holds the GPS secure and viewable without moving around. No Complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burke White was right!, February 18, 2011
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
My Wife and I each have a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor and always wear them on our wrists when we go for a bike ride. A few times while riding, my GPS would shut off due to the extreme angle formed by my wrist when bike riding. I decided to see if there was something that we could mount onto our bikes to hold our 305s and came across Burke White's review and decided to give the bike mount a try. Sure enough, the 305 sits perfectly on the mount and doesn't lose reception. My Wife loves the fact that she can see what her speed and HR are at anytime without taking her hands off of the handlebars. I like it beacause it won't shut off by itself anymore. Thanks Burke!

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 305 Bicycle Mount, December 17, 2010
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
This is a simple rubber block that provides a mounting bracket for any of the Garmin (or, I suppose, any other make) GPS watches on bicycle handlebars so the requirements are pretty low.

It does what it's supposed to. It fits handlebars from 25.4 to 31.8 mm in diameter and holds my Forerunner 305 firmly in place. I didn't use the included zip-ties to clamp it in place since I use the 305 on several different bicycles but it works fine without them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs modification with 405cx and large diameter handlebars, April 16, 2010
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
I had difficulty trying to mount the 405cx on my road bike with this. As mentioned in another review, because of the stiffness and shape of the 405cx, it could not fit around the mount because the mount itself became too large to wrap the watch around. I ended up cutting out the thick inner arch on the the non-Garmin side; despite doing this there was no problem using the included ties (to keep the mount on the bike while the watch is not on it). Now my watch fits securely and neither the mount nor the watch slip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., December 8, 2012
Dana Becker (Chicagoland, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
I'm a runner with a Garmin 210 who also cycles. I'm not anywhere enough of a cyclist to invest in a new GPS watch/ bike computer. I was disapointed when I went into the local bike shop with my watch and asked how they recommended mounting it on my bike for ease of use and they launched into a whole ordeal about what sort of bike computer I should purchase and how there are some tri-watches that have removable and bike-mountable watch faces. I don't need that. A Garmin rep at the Chicago marathon expo taught me how to change the display from minutes/mile (what I use as a runner) to miles/hour (how I like it displayed when I'm cycling) and then I found this on Amazon and I'm set. :) Cheap, easy solution. I also find I don't need the zip tie; once my watch is tightened around the plastic piece it's not going anywhere. This does EXACTLY what I wanted it to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forerunner 405, April 6, 2009
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
I am using this with my 405 and it works pretty well. I only have two complaints. First it was a bit awkward to get it on so that the large end of the zip tie was inside the end, where it is cut out. I wanted to do this though so that the sharp end where the tie was cut off didn't cut into the watch band. Second, the little part that sticks out and says garmin. It doesn't seem to really serve any purpose (I am not sure that it would really help hold the watch on) except making it harder it get on and off. I have it on my aero bars.

4.0 out of 5 stars simple but works, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit (Electronics)
This fit my road bike very well without using the straps. That way I can move it to my other bike. The only issue is having to close the strap on my Garmin snuggly to keep it stable.

I like it - but my cheap side thinks I could use foam pipe insulation the same way.

Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit