Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM

Color: Black|Size: One Size|Change

on June 22, 2010
There are a few reviews on here that mention using this product with the Forerunner 305, but I wanted to make sure I posted a review to state specifically that yes - the Forerunner 305 fits on this perfectly (even though the description says Forerunner 405 and Forerunner 50).

I initially looked at the Forerunner 305 Quick-Release kit, but the horror stories of the device popping out of the wristband or bike mount quickly scared me away. With this mount, you can keep your 305 on its original wrist-strap, and feel more secure on your bike as the strap is wrapped around the mount. Garmin should abandon that Quick-Release kit and just use this as their mount for all their Forerunners.

One note - you do have to rotate the mount downward to see the 305 screen in an optimal position, but this hasn't affected the GPS reception at all.
1414 comments|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2015
I recently upgraded from a Forerunner 220 to a fenix 3 and was a little unclear about compatibility with different models of Garmin watches after reading on Garmin's website as well as on Amazon. I can clearly state that it'll work for just about any watch. It's a simple rubber piece that wraps around a handlebar. The included zipties are unnecessary as the watch, when wrapped around the mount, provides all the necessary pressure to keep everything in place. Plus, if you own multiple bikes, not using the zipties allows you to quickly move it from one bike to the other. It's a little bit inconvenient to wrap a watch around this thing, but we're talking about a few extra seconds and clearly isn't a big deal. I've included images of both of my watches on the handlebar of a straight handlebar Giant Escape. I'm confident that it will work fine on any handlebar and will not interfere with brake/derailleur cables. It's nothing fancy, but it doesn't need to be. It works well and is recommended.
review image review image
on July 19, 2009
This is a handy accessory, I didn't bother doing the plastic tie-ons, when the watch is buckled around it, it stays on fine (However, I don't leave my bike in public, so I don't have the worry of things getting stolen from the bike).

It's much easier for me to see the Garmin on the handle bars as I'm not coordinated enough to bike with one or no hands. (Yes, I'm a beginner, I just started biking in May 2009).
on October 27, 2009
This bike mount is not made for larger diameter handlebar tubes such as on my Cannondale CAAD9-5. It would be nice for them to publish more information about what diameter tubes that this is made to fit around. It is made of seemingly good quality soft rubber so will fit around almost any size bar, but will become too large for the stiff wrist-strap of the Garmin 405 (but may not be a problem for the 305).
on December 8, 2012
I'm a runner with a Garmin 210 who also cycles. I'm not anywhere enough of a cyclist to invest in a new GPS watch/ bike computer. I was disapointed when I went into the local bike shop with my watch and asked how they recommended mounting it on my bike for ease of use and they launched into a whole ordeal about what sort of bike computer I should purchase and how there are some tri-watches that have removable and bike-mountable watch faces. I don't need that. A Garmin rep at the Chicago marathon expo taught me how to change the display from minutes/mile (what I use as a runner) to miles/hour (how I like it displayed when I'm cycling) and then I found this on Amazon and I'm set. :) Cheap, easy solution. I also find I don't need the zip tie; once my watch is tightened around the plastic piece it's not going anywhere. This does EXACTLY what I wanted it to do.
on October 21, 2009
The bike mount works very well. It is simple to switch my Forerunner 305 between my 3 bikes. It holds the GPS secure and viewable without moving around. No Complaints.
on January 29, 2016
Great mount and does exactly what its supposed to do.

Easily plops onto your bar and can be secured with the zip ties (2 provided not 4) Has nice nooks on the underside for the large end of the zip tie to tuck into and once cut just run a file over the end to smooth it out.

Depending on your bar tape, cable routing might be tight. I removed my front brake line and ran it through the mount. Nice and clean and no issue at all getting it through or with the operation of the cable.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 18, 2011
My Wife and I each have a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor and always wear them on our wrists when we go for a bike ride. A few times while riding, my GPS would shut off due to the extreme angle formed by my wrist when bike riding. I decided to see if there was something that we could mount onto our bikes to hold our 305s and came across Burke White's review and decided to give the bike mount a try. Sure enough, the 305 sits perfectly on the mount and doesn't lose reception. My Wife loves the fact that she can see what her speed and HR are at anytime without taking her hands off of the handlebars. I like it beacause it won't shut off by itself anymore. Thanks Burke!
on December 17, 2010
This is a simple rubber block that provides a mounting bracket for any of the Garmin (or, I suppose, any other make) GPS watches on bicycle handlebars so the requirements are pretty low.

It does what it's supposed to. It fits handlebars from 25.4 to 31.8 mm in diameter and holds my Forerunner 305 firmly in place. I didn't use the included zip-ties to clamp it in place since I use the 305 on several different bicycles but it works fine without them.
on April 16, 2010
I had difficulty trying to mount the 405cx on my road bike with this. As mentioned in another review, because of the stiffness and shape of the 405cx, it could not fit around the mount because the mount itself became too large to wrap the watch around. I ended up cutting out the thick inner arch on the the non-Garmin side; despite doing this there was no problem using the included ties (to keep the mount on the bike while the watch is not on it). Now my watch fits securely and neither the mount nor the watch slip.