Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS-Enabled Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor (Red)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Red|Size: One Size|Change

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on October 25, 2013
I love Garmin and think it's watches are the best for running, but this one quit working only after the third use! I know this happens with Garmin a lot so I wish they would fix whatever is wrong with their quality control! Either you have them for a long time or they break after a month of owning them. DO not recommend this product, I'm still trying to change mine!! Very sad about this. I just went out for a run, it wouldn't catch a satellite and suddenly the screen went blank and never came on again! :(
on December 29, 2013
I received this watch as a gift to replace my previous training watch. I'm very disappointed and considering returning it. Seriously, I wonder if Garmin actually worked with athletes when developing the features on this watch.
I like the size of the watch. It's comfortable and I can actually read the display without reading glasses. So far, the satellite locks in fairly quickly.
My disappointment starts with the pace display. Average pace? Really? I know others here have commented that "real" runners don't use current pace. However I'm a triathlete and running is my weakest sport. I need current pace (even if it's a bit off) when I do intervals. I don't have access to a track and current pace is important to me. So now I'm back to having to use my phone with a running app.
My other big disappointment with this watch is that it really isn't waterproof. I won't be able to wear it for racing because the specs don't instill confidence that it would hold up even during a 20-minute swim.

Update February 3, 2014:
I'm downgrading my review from two stars to one. I used the watch for my run on Saturday. Sometime between the street and my living room, it just died. I tried Garmin's reset procedure. Nothing. It's just completely dead. After less than 6 weeks of relatively light use. Do not buy this watch. It's a complete waste of money.
on January 3, 2015
Like so many before me I would give Garmin 0 stars if I could. Garmin's quality control is 0, zero, zip, nada, zilch.

I have used Garmin GPS running watches since they first started selling them, never had any problems with them. This was my third Garmin GPS watch. Died within 2 months. Case leaked and the watch would let sweat condensation in and it would short out. Imagine a runner sweating, what a concept. Nothing like finishing a ten mile run to find your watch ate itself at mile 6. If you read enough of these reviews you'll see this is a common problem. The watch is supposed to be water resistant to three feet.

Garmin's solution was to offer a refurb replacement because this model has been discontinued and they had no new 110s in stock (yet Amazon got a shipment of new 110s while this was playing out), and I would have to pay to ship it back to Garmin. So I should take someone else's problem for a 2 month old watch and have no idea of how much the replacement has been used before it came to me, and pay for the privilege. Garmin's tech support admitted there was a problem and suggested I purchase a 210, which is based on the same case, costs a little more and has the same problems or a 220 which costs a lot more and is loaded with features that I don't need or want. So if you like playing watch roulette Garmin is the company for you.

It should be noted that while the watch was still water resistant it worked as advertised and once it had ever locked on to the satellites from a location subsequent attempts were very quick, this is compared to my two previous Garmin watches which were much larger, but slower to lock on.

Amazon gets 4 stars because they refunded me, but nicked me for a restocking fee. (Side lesson here - always communicate with Amazon by chat and have a copy of the session emailed to you)
on September 4, 2010
I am an avid runner and also own Forerunner 201 and 205.

205 has been working very well for me for more than 3 years. It is a bit old so I am replacing it with a newer Garmin.

I thought 110 would be a good choice. Boy, was I wrong?

I don't care about the lack of instant pace that many are complaining. Serious runner that I know do you look at instance pace any way. It is too erratic to be useful

First thing I don't like is the lack of lap distance. That makes it impossible to do an interval workout that is not on a track.

Second, the watch goes into power saving mode after a while. I missed using it at the start because it happened to be in power saving mode right before that. And it took forever to require the signal. Basically, it was useful for my 1st race using it.

Last but not least, the accuracy of this watch is SO MUCH WORSE than 205. I might as well save a hundred bucks by going with 305 as my replacement. It is cheaper and perform better for a serious runner.
on July 29, 2015
Boo Hiss - The charge on the watch does not seem to last for a long period. Then the watch stopped charging, so I contacted the seller TECHBOX not once but TWICE. No reply. Very disappointed. I was busy when I bought the watch and did not use right away, so I missed the Amazon 90 day window by two or three days. Also, FYI...for the heart rate functionality to work, a chest strap is required. I had not realize that and was disappointed.

I bought a $15 Armitron and LOVE it.
on October 28, 2014
This watch is junk.

Here are the major problems:

1. Terrible battery life. I mean terrible. I get three or four runs per full charge. That's maybe four hours. And it takes forever to charge. Like overnight.
2. Takes forever to locate satellite. Currently taking an average of three to five minutes before every run. Standing on the beach in Waikiki recently, nothing but open sky, it took over ten minutes.
3. Semi-regular fails. Google "dead Garmin 110" and you'll see what I mean. It just dies sometimes. Total dead blank. There are various methods of doing a reset, one of them will *probably* work for you. Note this inevitably happens while recharging. And cuts of the recharge. So not only is the thing dead, when you bring it back to life, it still hasn't recharged.
4. Minimal functionality. The marketing touts "Garmin Connect." What they don't tell you is that this watch isn't supported (or at least it wasn't last time I checked).

I guess you get what you pay for and I probably should have known better.
on November 17, 2014
First, the unit was DOA out of the box. Spent some time on the phone with Garmin and we jointly identified the unit as non-operational. However, these things happen and that would only take off one or two stars if I were rating on that alone.

I decided not to replace the 110 with a new one because I learned that it cannot display both heart rate and the stop watch at the same time. Because I find this inconceivable, I didn't bother researching whether or not I could display both before purchase. Maybe I'm not the average user, but I do time and zone based intervals and this is such a basic feature that any additional GPS functionality (which I was really looking forward to) is meaningless.

Not sure what I'll do now. Perhaps back to an overpriced Polar...

*************************
Edit: It looks like Garmin's own step-up 310X has the capability of customizing the display fields to suit my (and presumably your) needs. Too bad I can't get that in this smaller form factor.
on October 26, 2013
The Amazon return policy is 30 days from purchase. The watch broke in six weeks. Missed the return by two weeks. I've tried everything on Garmin's website to fix/reset/etc. Nothing works. I'm out my money. Will not buy again.
on January 21, 2014
I loved garmin forerunners... this is my third one! and this is by far the absolute worst product. I don't know if garmin is now having them made in some second rate factory with no quality control or what. The first - kept just locking up about 2 miles into a run... sent it back under warranty and it was replaced not with a new unit but a reconditioned unit... was not thrilled but ok... this one takes an act of god to charge or connect to garmin connect to upload data. the clip charger is a horrible design. I have cleaned the connections with alcohol etc and still no luck - every once in awhile I will make a connection and if I set it down real careful and don't let anything so much as breath on it - it may make it through a full charge.

also, garmin has really skimped on the features. my old garmin that I had for years had so many more useful features and data displays. this is basically the same as less expensive gps runners from other brands - look at new balance or nike models and compare before you spend the money on this unit.

I am waiting for CS to get back to me on the warranty of my second lemon
on April 20, 2015
Bought this for my husband last June. The first one didn't even make it a month. It wouldn't charge. Second one lasted 6 months. The second one doesn't pick up a signal anymore and does not sync up and show the right time.