Finally, an alternative to awkward pedometers and cycling computers. The Forerunner 201 offers athletes an easy-to-read display and integrated GPS satellite receiver that provides precise speed, distance, and pace data--all in one compact unit that straps to your wrist. Its a lightweight, accurate training assistant with performance tracking, auto-lap, auto-pause and more. And because it is a high quality Garmin GPS device, you get many of the features GPS users have come to rely on, such as precise latitude, longitude, altitude data. Choose either the 201 model for rechargeable power or the 101 if you prefer to use 2 AAA batteries. The Forerunner 201 is easy to use right out of the box and delivers the benefits of GPS technology at an affordable price.
To please folks who are passionate about their exercise and training, Garmin has added something special to the Forerunner 201 called the Virtual Partner. The feature allows you to set your training goal by configuring your Virtual Partners pace and workout distance. You'll get a graphic perspective of your performance by viewing your pace in relation to your Virtual Partners pace, so you can always see at a glance if you're keeping up or falling behind.
Almost as important as the training device itself are the accessories to integrate it with your active lifestyle. If you're into cycling, the best way to keep an eye on your GPS while you ride is with a bike mount bracket that straps to the handlebars of your bike, motorcycle, or whatever you're traveling with for easy viewing.
Other Forerunner 201 features:
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- Retrace your steps to a starting point or reverse your normal route for routine variation.
- Amount of calories burned can be tracked and calculated over the course of a workout.
- Lap history--such as lap time, lap distance, and average pace--can be stored for up to two years.
- Performance data can be automatically archived and calculated to provide an accurate record.
- Automated stopwatch provides auto-lap and auto-pause features.
- Lap timer indicates when a certain speed is reached or when youve fallen below a pre-set level.
- Pace whistle sounds alert when you begin traveling slower or faster than your desired pace.
- Distance whistle sounds when you reach a specified duration or distance in your workout.
- Download free Garmin software to transfer data from your Forerunner 201 to your PC for storage and analysis.
What's in the box:
- Forerunner 201 unit
- Wrist strap
- A/C desktop charger with serial interface