Garmin Nuvi 40lm - Cannot Delete Favorites? I simply can see no way of deleting favorites. The interface is very simple and I have looked everywhere. The manual instructs to select "where to" pick your favorite and then select the "info balloon" There is absolutely no info balloon to be seen on my device after selecting a favorite address. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong here?
asked by Justin M. Wentz on June 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
When you click on a favorite the screen will display a map of the area around that location. A small text balloon will appear that shows the name of the favorite. Tap that balloon. The display will change to add buttons "delete" and "edit". Tap the delete button and confirm that you really do want to get rid of it. It is rather tedious since it can only be done one favorite at a time because there is no way to clean out all your favorites at once. Or, if there is one, I haven't stumbled on it.
Raymond W Albright answered on July 1, 2012
Comment (1) | 25 of 27 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
no balloon when you click favorite the address comes up on screen hit that and that gives you option to delete applies to nuvi 40
Ronald M. answered on April 15, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks heaps; I've been stuck with this problem for ages. Really simple once you know how!
philosopher-phil answered on October 5, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Good evening I want to know how to acquire maps of Latin America if I can help or if this gps already have these maps installed interezado'm buying them because if you do not bring that serves me.

thanks
Mr Peter castro
Pedro Castro answered on February 15, 2014

A
Cannot believe how easy this was. I could not find this info anywhere. thanks
kwilson answered on April 2, 2014

A
Yeah, I forgot to post a thanks back when you replied Raymond. You instantly cleared up the issue.
Justin M. Wentz answered on July 8, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Many thanks Raymond. Had puzzled for ages over what was "info balloon" - now all is clear
Merlinmike answered on July 8, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same problem even though I know how to delete favorite locations as per the user manual. I tap on the favorite location I want to delete, tap on the location balloon, tap delete, confirm that I want it deleted and it's off my favorite list UNTIL I turn it off and back on again. Then it's back! Not really an answer, more of a question as to how to delete it permanently. I've deleted several favorites a dozen times and they keep coming back.
K. Wolter answered on June 9, 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
GOOD JOB KOOL. THER HELPS OUT FOR EVERY ONE.
wally answered on September 21, 2012

A
look. on amazon.i just put how to do it. good lock take your time.w.fla
wally answered on September 21, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product