|Item Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 5.5 x 2.1 inches|
|Item model number||010-10908-02|
Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging
|Price:||$15.57 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$9.42 (38%)|
- Ships in Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
- Four-arm shape conforms to your dashboard
- Garmin ball mount easily attaches to your existing cradle
- Compatible with nüvi series GPS navigators and StreetPilot C5XX series
- One-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Perfect for locales where window-mounting is prohibited or those who simply prefer a quick way to mount/unmount their nüvi/StreetPilot device.
Traditional clamshell packaging. Click to enlarge.
Traditional clamshell packaging. Click to enlarge.
Amazon frustration-free packing. Click to enlarge.
Compatible Garmin Models
- aera 500, 510, 550, 560
- nüvi 1200, 1250, 1260T, 1300, 1350, 1350T, 1370T, 1390T, 1450, 1490T, 1690, 200, 200W, 205, 205W, 250, 250W, 255, 255W, 260, 260W, 265T, 265WT, 270, 275T, 285WT, 350, 360, 370, 465T, 500, 5000, 550, 600, 610, 650, 660, 670, 680, 750, 755T, 760, 765T, 770, 775T, 780, 785T, 850, 855, 880, 885T, 1100, 1100LM, 1300LM, 1350LMT, 1390LMT, 1450LM, 1450LMT, 1450T, 1490LMT, 2200, 2250, 2250LT, 2300, 2300LM, 2350, 2350LMT, 2350LT, 2360LMT, 2360LT, 2370LT, 2450, 2450LM, 2455LMT, 2455LT, 2457LMT, 2460LMT, 2460LT, 2475LT, 2495LMT, 2497LMT, 250, 250W, 255, 2555LM, 2555LMT, 2555LT, 2557LMT, 255W, 2577LT, 2595LMT, 2597LMT, 2757LM, 2797LMT, 295W, 30, 3450, 3450LM, 3490LMT, 3550LM, 3590LMT, 3597LMTHD, 3750, 3760LMT, 3760T, 3790T, 40, 40LM, 42, 42LM, 44, 44LM, 465LMT, 50, 50LM, 52, 52LM, 54, 54LM
- nüvifone G60
- StreetPilot c510, c530, c550, c580, i2, i3, i5
- zūmo 660, 220, 350LM, 660LM, 665, 665LM
- dēzl 560LMT, 560LT, 760LMT
- nüLink 1690 LIVE, 1695 LIVE
- SafeNav Powered by Garmin
What's in the Box
Dashboard mount, arm attachment, and owner's manual
Top Customer Reviews
Only downside to the device is that it has a rather large footprint, but not prohibitively large. I like the fact that I can easily use this in both of our family vehicles depending on where we need the GPS.
UPDATE: Now that I have used this mount regularly since May, I have to say this is the best mounting solution I've found for a GPS or any other device for my car. It hasn't slid out of place once!! Given the rise in GPS units being stolen from cars, this mount allows you to easily stash your GPS Unit and mount out of sight and then put it back into position with ease.
2009 Update: Still using this in my Prius and my wife has one too. It's held up quite well. It IS a bit bulky to store out of the way when not in use, but still a good solution. I usually remove my GPS from the mount (a simple process) and then place the mount as far under the seat as it will go. Not perfect, but the best solution I've found to date.
I like that it's easy to move the mount and gps unit down to the floor when I park. Yeah a thief could still see it if they came right up to my car but at least it's not obvious from halfway across the parking lot like a windshield mount is. A thief that sees an empty windshield mount is probably going to assume (correctly) that I've just put the unit in the glove compartment.
So no way was I going to put one of those on my beautiful new car. I tried the Garmin dashboard mount but shied away from the "permanent" disc. I found the "temporary" disc was just not up to the job of holding this device in place -- at least on my vehicle. I found this very frustrating. I read about the Portable Friction Mount, found a Best Buy store that had it in stock and ran out to buy it.
Though it is not terribly good looking, it does the job very well. I tried whipping around a few tight turns in parking lots and the whole thing stayed put. As another reviewer said, this lets you easily remove the thing and put it on the floor so it's not obvious. That may be more valuable than you would think. I know somebody who removed his Garmin Nuvi (and took it with him) but left the window mount in place. The car was broken into and the window mount alone was stolen. (Probably that was a pretty frustrated thief.)
Also, this will be easy to transfer to a rental car. And it will make it easy for my wife to borrow my Nuvi. Hmmm!
The advantages are:
- No sticking on windshield. This is a BIG advantage as the windshield mount starts to come off easily after a year of usage, less if you leave it in your car while it's parked in the sun. There is nothing worse than your GPS sliding off while you're driving round a tricky bend, especially if you are new to the area. Sometimes it can be downright dangerous.
- The windshield mount also alerts thieves that a GPS is in the car. A friction mount can be placed down under the car seat when you leave the car without needing to disconnect anything so that you're ready to go quickly when you come back to the car.
- The other big advantage is the ability to move it around to the position you want it. If a passenger is sitting in your car you can just slide it to their side and they can input the information while you are driving. It also makes it easy to slide it closer to yourself. Since I have the Nuvi 660 I often make calls with the bluetooth feature while driving, it is easy to slide it towards me when I am speaking to someone in order to get better voice reception.
This mount works for all Nuvis as they have the "snap the ball in the joint".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have this for a Garmin 760LMT and it is just ok. I use it in a 40' Class A diesel pusher and the friction mount isn't enough to keep it from moving around on really rough roads,... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Eric D. Stein
It fits the Garmin Nuvi 55 perfectly, holds it steady, and does not slide around the dashboard. The suction cup that came with the Garmin fell off 3x on the 1st day, this solved... Read morePublished 1 day ago by cas
Excellent invention. Unit stays where it is put, even on rough roads.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
A lot better than a suction cup. The product stays in place, and is great for long trips.Published 1 day ago by Suhaib
Standard mat for placing a GPS system in a car or on a boat. Stays put even with extreme movements.Published 1 day ago by Daniel Harrold