4.0 out of 5 stars Direct replacement...
This is a direct replacement for the factory band for Garmen 405. These other reviews seem to make this out to be some difficult task replacing the watch band, and while it's not the easiest watch band I've ever replaced, I would not consider it difficult.
Published on December 6, 2010 by Nathan Mapson

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Band
All I can say is that I love my garmin, but replacing the band is a pain in the ass. It took forever to get this band on. Garmin needs a better system to replace their bands.
Published on March 9, 2012 by Anthony D. Glover

4.0 out of 5 stars Direct replacement..., December 6, 2010
This review is from: Garmin Replacement Band Black for Forerunner 405 (Electronics)
The tool included is quite handy for removing the old band, which is even easier if yours is broken and shorter.
Take off the old band, and using an old toothbrush and soft soap and water, gently clean all the old sweat and gunk out of there. Then dry with a soft towel.
Then slip in the new band pins
hook one side of the new band on, and from the outside, using the tool included in the package, compress the pin, and slip the other side of the band into place.
Then check the inside with the tool and make sure it's secure.
Repeat on the other half of the new band.
I won't say how long this "should" take you, because everyone is different when it comes to these things. Good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Band, March 9, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars This will fit the Forerunner 410, February 22, 2013
This was a little little difficult to put on, and I tried for about 30 minutes! That is, until I realized the two plastic "points" on the watch band that go into the watch were a little too long. I snipped the end off of each point and then was able to use the little tool to get the band on in about two minutes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak, August 20, 2010
Stephanie F (Natick, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the watch about four months ago, and it was a good watch. Never had a GPS watch before, but this seemed to be the best one. It is good. However, beware: the strap breaks VERY frequently. It slowly rips apart, band by band. The watch part is fine; the only trouble I have with is the band. This will have been my second replacement of the band, and believe you me it is not easy to replace. Specialized screws and screwdrivers, difficult, tight positions to get into. I thought they would have made it more durable/easier to replace.

If anybody knows anything about this, please, comment.

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, August 20, 2013
The ONLY band that fits the Garmin watch....original broke......ordered/bought replacement ....it broke within 2 months...now on third one....not very reliable product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, September 22, 2014
Maria Hernandez (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
to hard to put together.....even though the parts and pieces were provided. Took it to a jewerly repair shop and they couldn't fix it either. Jewelry repair shop made a comment ' you runners need to not buy garmin anymore' he stated he has had several runners bring watches to him and replacing the straps are very difficult. I've even had co-workers and friends try to fix it and nothing! I'll just have to buy a new watch which I am not happy about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service & Product, September 19, 2014
The Garmin replacement wrist band I ordered was the exact part that I needed but what shocked and amazed me was that it came with a tool to remove the old band and install the new band. It also had useful instructions on how to use the tool to replace the band. I had it replaced in two minutes. I had expected to have to go to a watch repair shop and have them replace it but I was able to do it myself. A very welcome surprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement bank for Garmin 405, November 29, 2014
I would have rated it a 5 of 5 if it didn't take me multiple day to get the bottom band to secure. The top portion went right on within seconds. I just think the one hole was just cut a little off. At the end of the day, I wear my Garmin 405 daily to run & do cross-fit. No doubt, this replacement part extended the life of my watch. At this point, I didn't want to spend $200-300 on a new Garmin watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct replacement band for Garmin 405, July 21, 2014
Ordered from "Clever Training" through Amazon. Item arrived quickly in a padded manila envelope. Band was not in original packaging, but is a direct replacement and appears to be the same quality. A trick for putting the bands on is to slide one side of band onto the pin, and then from the TOP SIDE of the band (not underneath), compress the pin with the tool until the band seats onto the pin.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but a pain to replace., September 17, 2014
These bands work OK, but only last about 1 year before they split. I've replaced twice now (3year old Forerunner)
Replacing them is a complete pain, taking maybe more than 1 hour of fiddling about before the pins actually 'pop' into the correct holes and stay there.
Could be a lot easier, but would need a re-design. I guess 1 hr per year is tolerable...

Garmin Replacement Band Black for Forerunner 405