Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 28, 2012
I agonized a little over spending more for the GizzMoVest, when there were simple padded bags available for less, but this is exactly what I need. It offers full viewing and operation of my eTrex 30, while wrapping it in a tight, grippy, semi-rigid security blanket. There's no mystery to its operation: press the cordlock ends to slide them, open up the clamshell, and slide in your GPS. Cinch the cord and attach it to something with the tough, plastic snaphook. The lanyard is just the right length to hang it from my pack's shoulder strap and still allow me to hold the GPS out far enough for my old eyes.

Obviously, the GizzMoVest leaves the screen exposed. It has a high, cushioning rim around the front of the GPS to protect it against drops onto a flat surface, like a floor, but if you drop it on jagged rocks, the screen's survival is not guaranteed. But you have a lanyard, so you're not going to drop it, right? Buy a clear screen protector for your eTrex. It fits under the GizzMoVest just fine. My screen protector already has a few scratches from my hike last Sunday, though I can only see them when I catch the light just right.

The foam is tough, but very low density. If I drop my eTrex in the lake, it will probably bob happily on the surface. But I'm not about to test that with my brand-new toy! [I just re-read the product description, and GizzMoVest says it does NOT add floatation. If your worried, clip some kind of float into the lanyard. The eTrex is rated to survive a short-term dunking.]

I was confused at first by the buttons. The buttons on the GPS stick out a little, of course, but this case is indented over the buttons. Until I got that through my thick skull, I was pressing on the raised part between the buttons, wondering why it was so hard to operate. Press on the indents. There are no button labels on the case, but the eTrex has only a few buttons. You won't need labels.

Other reviewers have complained that the case should include a mini-carabiner to hang top-up. They're right -- sort of. Go to any place that makes keys, and buy a mini-carabiner in exactly the right size and color you want. They're dirt cheap. Give the cord on your GizzMoVest a little slack, run the carabiner though the part at the top, and cinch the cord again. Now, with the lanyard clip, you have redundant attachments to your pack. Your GPS is not getting away without your permission.

And SHIPPING! I ordered this case along with the GPS, a screen protector, and a bike mount, all with ground shipping. My GizzMoVest arrived four days before anything else. These people act like a small start-up company, desperate to please their customers. You'll see that when you read their warranty, too. They make a great product, get it to you fast, and back it up all the way.

Amazon sells a variety of products to protect your eTrex. If you're going to stow the unit in a pack and never look at it, get a padded bag. If you want to actually use the thing, get this GizzMoVest.

My only complaint is the color choice, the same as Henry Ford offered for his Model T. I would have bought a bright color if it was offered. But it's doubly-attached to my pack, so I should never have to search for it.
on December 20, 2011
I just received my GizzMoVest case for my Garmin eTrex 20 and I'm very impressed. This case is basically a Rhino Liner for electronics. The case fits my eTrex perfectly and looks like it will provide more protection than just about any case I've ever seen for electronic gadgets. I read in reviews for other models that the hinge at the top of the "clamshell" appears to be stretched when the case is closed tightly. This is not an issue with the eTrex model. When my case is closed, the seal is uniformly tight all the way around. At first I was skeptical about the use of the lanyard and spring clip to keep the case shut tightly. However, the more I look at it I realize that any other latching mechanism would require attaching a clip to the rubber and would just create one more thing that could break. With this design the only hardware is the spring clips and I can't see any reason they would break. The weight and heft of the case make the GPS feel more solid in my hand and makes me feel much better about carrying it here in Afghanistan. The case does not interfere with the buttons at all, just realize that you need to memorize where each butoon is. The case has indentations to tell you where buttons are, you just can't see which button is which. The price may seem a bit steep, but I always purchase a good case with my electronics. I see it as an investment in the life of my gear and this case was definitely money well spent. I highly recommend this product.
on May 29, 2012
I was hesitant as this is clearly not the cheapest case. I was concerned it would be too bulky, and that it would be "like any other". I had nothing to worry about on any of those concerns.

The product has the "wow effect" from the beginning.

First, it arrived several days early.

Second, the look and feel of the case is the best I've encountered for an electronic device (I've bought cases for cellphones, iTouch, digital cameras, etc. for about 10 years). If they made cases for cellphones and digital cameras I'd be considering them.

Third, the warrantee is one of the "no fine print" breed. To partially quote "...You don't like the way it looks? Return it... Your buddy knocked it into the campfire? Return what's left..."

Finally, while its not the cheapest, they offer $5.60 back if you simply blog about the case, which with the quality of the product I'm happy to do.
on June 6, 2014
This is by far the best one on the Market, It works Perfect, and is Mil Spec, you can control every Button with this on and its so well made and will save the Very Expensive GPS I have.
You will be very pleased with its construction and the way it holds and protects the GPS. I have the Garmin E-Trek 30 fully loaded with all the maps in the 4 corners Region and also the East coast so I want to Protect my investment and this Unit does just that when you have it hanging from your Vest or in a Picket , It just works.

Not It will not fit in a ram when you want to mount it but when your using it when you may drop it is when it pays off, I have not dropped it but it's been subjected to being banged around and Provides the Much needed Protection like it says it will.
on January 6, 2014
Since GizzMoVest was the only company I could find who offered a rubberized protective cover for the eTrex 20 I purchased it. The rubber/plastic material that it's made from is way too hard and stiff and makes it almost impossible to push the buttons on the side of the eTrex. Another problem in my opinion is that where the belt-clip or carabiner/strap normally fasten to the back of the GPS is now blocked by the cover, this is why they provided the hoaky lanyard for the only way to carry your GPS with the cover on. These are major design flaws in my opinion.I have no use for a lanyard. I own an older Garmin eMap that has a very nice thick silicone cover that is soft and resilient and fits the unit like a glove. It would be nice if they could had made one like this for the eTrex. I also felt it was a little pricey, obviously they have the niche market....
on December 12, 2014
Maybe I installed incorrectly, but this product does not fit my Garmin etrex 20 very well. It's clam shell-like enclosure cinches tight with the cord but the sides of the case remains open, like the GPS is too fat for the case or something. The buttons are also much more difficult to operate as a result, since they don;t line up properly with the case. The case provides adequate protection for the gps device, but fit and finish is lacking. Disappointing
on December 8, 2013
This case is awesome. Well worth the $$ paid. Good quality, simple, & durable. I got this for my etrex20 and it fits like a glove. I originally had my etrex on a lanyard but this one comes with a shoelace like string with a clip on the end, works well! It has indents on the sides indicating where the buttons are on the GPS. You do have to press slightly harder, but I don’t see it as a problem. It could depend on your GPS as well, my first etrex 20 had much softer buttons than the one I have now (I had to return the 1st one for warranty issue) which makes it seem harder. The reason for the four stars and not five is because two simple things that I think would make it perfect. One, it does not have a belt clip or capable of using one without modification. I am going to simply take a clip off of a cheap cellphone holder and use rivets to fasten to the case. The second thing is it doesn’t have an opening to plug in the usb wire, I have to take it out every time. I worry about wearing the hinge portion out by doing this over time, but it shows zero wear thus far. I may just cut the little whole out myself, the case seems strong enough to stay strong and intact if I do. Again, great case and only little cry baby suggestions from me. Its Made in America.
on July 2, 2014
This case is perfect for using with my eTrex when doing fieldwork and hiking. The strap can hook onto various places on my backpack or belt for easy access. The edges of the case do seal quite well, and I haven't had any issues with sand, etc. getting inside (I have a screen protector too). The material is quite thick (and grippy, which is good), but there are small depressions where the buttons are, so if you can remember which is which, they're fairly easy to push in. Overall, very pleased with this, and I expect it to last a long time.
on March 3, 2015
This is exactly what I needed to protect my Garmin eTrex 20. It holds the device securely, but is easy to remove when I need to access the usb link port on the back of the device. The texture of the case also reduces the likelihood that I'll drop it.
on February 27, 2012
I just got the GizzMoVest case today and I must say i am very happy. Its made in the USA. The case is very durable and looks like it will withstand a lot.. Its just a hard core case. Money well spent to protect my Garmin etrex 30. Thanks GizzMoVest i will buy from you guys again! :D
review image review image