Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
asked by GeroCzan on July 24, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Just received this unit the other day. Tried to use the ports (one at a time) for charging, both worked fine. I asked coz I saw the picture on 1 of the reviews, the location of the charging port at the mount can be a problem at some position/angle but since there are 2 port options for charging there should be no more issue BUT the drawback would be using a different cable (w/o the FM transmitter) rendering Traffic info feature disabled. For me it's fine to disable that feature coz like many others, I find those pop up advertisements annoying, haven't proven this feature's accuracy though.
GeroCzan answered on July 27, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
R. Agrawal - I don't know actually if it is a good idea to use that usb port (intended for Computer connection) to charge the unit but since the unit is charging also while connected to the computer so maybe it is ok =) Anyway, Yes I was able to use my GPS to navigate using the USB port (intended for Computer connection) to charge from the car power outlet. You can try to wait for atleast 30-60 sec for your GPS to recognize that the source is not a computer but rather a wall/car power outlet, your GPS should reboot and you can then use it to navigate. Maybe less than a minute of waiting
GeroCzan answered on July 29, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
GeroCzan - The micro USB port can be used to charge the GPS but only when not in use. Were you able to use a car charger to charge the GPS while using it for navigation? I tried but the display changes to a picture showing the GPS connected to a computer. GPS becomes unusable if connected to micro USB. Would be great to know how you did it! I don't care as much for the traffic information if I can use a car charger with micro USB port.
R. Agrawal answered on July 28, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product