5.0 out of 5 stars Misleading comment
When I purchased a Nuvi 760 this item was shown as frequently purchased with it. Unfortunately it is not compatable and cost me to return as it was my error. Power connections were not visable so how is a person to know if the adapter will work with the GPS? Guess you learn the hard way.
Published on November 17, 2008 by John W. White

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!!
Published on April 11, 2010 by Lazy O

5.0 out of 5 stars Misleading comment, November 17, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars This is INCLUDED with the Nuvi 350., July 17, 2007
So far, this charger has worked fine. Just want to clarify, though:
You don't need to order this separately, at least not if you order a Nuvi 350. The 350 comes with the car charger, AC charger, leather case, dash mount, and windshield mount. Don't order this unless you want two for some reason. Many of the accessories shown on the GPS unit product page are already included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes in package with navigator., August 23, 2007
S. Gallagher (Western New York) - See all my reviews
This accessory is part of the original package when you buy the Garmin Nuvi navigator. You also get the windshield mount, a leather envelope for the unit, and an AC charger. Don't buy any accessories at the time of purchasing the unit. I bought this knowing I wanted and needed it and ended up with two and had to pay for return postage when I returned it because it was "My Fault" I couldn't use it. You only need this if your original one wears out or if you want to have multiple vehicles completely equipped. The product itself is excellent and keeps the navigation unit power from being depleted while using in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Car Adapter, April 2, 2007
This adapter is actually better than the one that came with the GPS. Whereas the original adapter was somewhat flimsy; this one is more durable and the top does not come off in the power outlet. Great buy!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!!, April 11, 2010
Lazy O (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I have a Garmin Nuvi 255W and got this as a replacement car charger, as my previous car-charger broke. When I try to connect this to my GPS and charge it, the GPS screens shows as if it is connected to a laptop through USB. The GPS does not charge, neither does it allow you to view maps/navigate when connected to the charger. (The GPS has no issues, it charges fine using a friend's car charger.) I will try and return this product. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessary Accessory, June 1, 2007
I purchased this item only because other reviews said it was necessary. The perceived problem was that the adapter included with the Nuvi 350 was not substantial and that it broke easily. In fact, this is the very same DC adapter that came with the unit. This accessory is not required.

2.0 out of 5 stars Adapter works, but plastic tip is fragile, July 29, 2007
I had this as it came with my nuvi 350. Worked fine for a few months and then one day the plastic tip broke off. Appears the heat stress got to it and it breaks very easily. Friend with an identical unit did the same thing.

Fortunately mine was still under warranty and Garmin replaced it at no cost. The replacement appears to be MUCH better than original one. The tip is all metal now and not prone to breakage like the other one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Nuvi 660, July 21, 2007
You do not need to buy this charger for the Nuvi 660. The 660 comes with a charger that connects through the mount adaptor, not directly to the 660. This works on a Nuvi 660 to supply power, but it will not charge the battery.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT recommended for the Garmin Nuvi 660 -- get model # 010-10747-03 instead, June 14, 2007
elenagracia (coronado, ca usa) - See all my reviews
This is the vehicle charger recommended on the amazon.com Garmin Nuvi 660 product page, but it is not the correct model for it. Get the Garmin vehicle charger (model # 010-10747-03) instead -- also available here at amazon.com through this link: Garmin 12-Volt Vehicle DC Power Adapter for the StreetPilot C510 and C550 (010-10747-03).

1.0 out of 5 stars not as pictured, August 23, 2008
Although the product will work it is not what I thought I was getting. I believe it is a copy of the original. Then end is stright and not at an angle as shown in the picture. I was disappointed with my purchase.

Garmin nüvi Vehicle Power Cable