Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmont T8 Bifida Tactical Boot - Desert Sand
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 2, 2014
I have worn all kinds of boots from issue to Oakley's. These were cheapish fit perfectly and are comfortable as hell. I wore them for my whole deployment, up and down mountains and standing for countless hours in full kit. I don't think I'll be buying a different pair of boots for a while. I will be sticking with these
on December 1, 2014
I've jumped out of a plane five times wearing these and passed special forces assessment and selection with them as well. Best boot on the market for durability and stability. A little heavy only down fall.
on August 28, 2014
Best boot you can own. Did not require any break in time out of the box. Handled like champions during my ruckmarch up the alps in Germany, never developed any hot spots or blisters either. These pair of boots comfort are on the same scale as running shoes at the same time they dont sacrifce any ruggedness for their comfort. A must purchase boot.
on January 13, 2015
I am a female and I usually wear between a size 8 and 8.5 in women's size so the 6.5 mens fit perfect for me. I decided to purchase this design after the Army pushed out actual slides on authorized boots and I was surprised how nice they looked so I gave them a try and I'm very pleased. I have a horrible flat foot and wear custom insoles but surprisingly I haven't had to use them with these boots (for now), but that says a lot because I couldn't wear my Nikes (unauthorized design) without my inserts.
on July 27, 2014
I have been a Nike SFB for the last 3 years. The Army is now pushing hard to enforce its ZERO synthetic leather standard. I have worn them for about 2 months now, they broke in nicely. GREAT on road marches and field use. I will be buying these from now on for both garrison and field boots. VERY reasonable price for the quality.
on May 13, 2015
Let's start with where this review is coming from. I'm Army. First boots I wore, standard issue. Then Oakley's, then I tried some other Oakley's. Discovered they weren't nearly as good. Wanted to try Rocky's, tried the S2v, my foot was just between 14 and 15...so I was referred by a friend to these boots.

After receiving them and trying them on I was all sorts of appreciative for Garmont's engineering and focus on mountaineering. I admit I wasn't a fan of the laces because they took forever to tie and undo. I then took my speedlaces and swapped them in. Works like a charm. A little wear and tear on the eyelets after a year, but not bad.

Soles are beginning to show some wear on the back heel where I inadvertently scuff when walking. The bottoms are flattening out around the circles in the treads. The boots provide solid comfort while rucking and are decent support. After going into a river and getting them soaked, they squeaked for about 3 days after. It was only slightly annoying. But they dried out quick enough. No blisters from that patrol.

They're doing well, and I can honestly say I'll buy them again if they adhere to the regs for Coyote boots the Army is switching over to.

I would like to try the NFS and extreme, but I will wait till I need them specifically.

UPDATE 7JUL15:
I've had these boots for quite some time now. And I have no complaints. There is a little separation on my right toe, but that is thanks to a little fall/jump during an evasion exercise. I've had these boots in about 6 inches of mud, and they provided great traction. I did have to clean them out on a rock after a bit because It was a huge mud field. I was a bit worried they wouldn't clean up so well and would be discolored, but after a week or so without any extreme work on my part the mud moved away and the normal tan color returned. Couple puddles helped.
In other news, I have heard Garmont will be putting out new AR670-1 Compliant Coyote boots towards the end of this year. You can be sure I'll be purchasing the three versions of the T8 then. (As long as they don't change it for the worse).
on March 1, 2015
These boots are awesome. If you are in the military i would suggest buying a pair in the same size your issued boots are. I ruck long distances, jumped and deployed with these boots and they are awesome. The only con I have is if you have to have to swim in these boots they are a bit heavy but not heavy enough to hinder your swimming. I would recommend for any military or law enforcement. Awesome boot!!!!!!!!
on June 19, 2015
Everything was just as expected except the reviewer that suggested they come in broken-in. They did not. I had to break them in by wearing them on ruck marches and even in the shower. After that, they fit perfectly. I have a pair of Danner boots that came in perfectly broken in out-of-the-box but I don't believe they are within regulations anymore so that's why I purchased these. Lastly, a bit heavy but not noticeably so.
on February 21, 2016
I'm using these bad boys to train for the Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon, and they are working awesome. I'd recommend breaking them in with something less than a ten miler if you don't want blisters though.
on July 20, 2015
Although the Army is changing its boot soon, I'd recommend these forever! I don't use them just for my duties, but also my treks into the wild. Step into a knee deep body of water and your pant leg will be more wet than these as you keep walking for maybe ten minutes. They dry very quickly too, so long as you pull out the insoles. I broke mine in quick with some sloshing my way through a swamp with my dogs and then letting them dry for about a day and a half.