Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmont Women's Amica Mid GTX Trail Hiking Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 12, 2011
I believe the other reviewer who complains of ankle discomfort is suffering from a PERSONAL issue, not a SHOE issue. If one buys the wrong type of shoe for one's foot, one can't expect the shoe to compensate.

That being said, this is a very sturdy shoe that I've put approx. 200 miles on since buying them in September. I wore them brand-spanking-new on a 4.5 mile hike and didn't get blisters, only mild irritation on one heel. I'll admit that they're stiff especially at first, but I enjoy feeling as though my shoes are battle tanks. The soles are very thick and you won't feel ANY rock or root under these babies. My feet are thoroughly comfortable even after extended walks down gravel forest service roads.

The tread of the shoe is really cute, almost like a flower design, and has handy pseudo-cleats for traction. It's easy to brush the dirt off and the shoes stay looking new for a long, long time.

The shoes are leather/fabric mix, and they dry REALLY quickly. While crossing a river I took a dunk and my feet got soaked, but barely ten minutes later they were dry again.

I additionally really enjoy the light weight of the shoes; they are not nearly as heavy as their sturdiness would seem.

All in all, they are a fantastic boot, especially for the price. While you of course would probably get fancier kicks if you paid $300, these $150 boots fulfill their job admirably.
on February 14, 2013
I love these, there is no breaking in period and as soon as I put them on I was ready to go. so very comfortable.
on May 11, 2011
I bought these boots 2 weeks ago. I choose them because of the wide toe and support. I was wondering if I had made an expensive mistake the first couple of days out. The mid height caused rubbing on my ankle bone and I couldn't wear them 2 days in a row. They are now 2 weeks old and I have worn them about 8 times. I feel no discomfort at all except for a little toe discomfort on a long steep decline. I slid my socks down to cushion the ankle bone and that seems to have solved that problem.

Well it's Memorial Day and I've had to cancel a 14 mile hike today because of blisters from yesterday's hike in these boots. I just sent an email to Garmont telling them how displeased I am so far. I understand break in time, but after 6 weeks of daily hiking I would think they'd be more comfortable by now. The rubbing on my ankle bone was solved with the sock padding, but now it's rubbing me raw on the inside ankle on both feet. I have yet to wear these boots more than one day at a time, and with backpacking season here I wouldn't even dream of wearing them for a weekend outing. I'm going to have to go out and buy another brand and hopefully get something comfortable before an upcoming 3 day weekend trip. I'm very disappointed. Out of all the gear I've purchased this season this is the only item I am not happy with. I would NOT recommend these boots to anyone.