Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream, Light and medium, 2.5 Fluid Ounce (Packaging May Vary)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 21, 2012
First let me preface this review by saying that everyone should know (any adult) that not every product will produce the same results as it does on someone else. I know this seems a rather simplistic and obvious statement to make but judging from the comments I think some women looked at "Miracle Skin Perfect or" as a statement of fact and not just a description of what the company hopes the product will do for you. Companies do in fact hope that consumers will have a positive experience with their product and buy it again and again, as well as recommend the product to others; after all there is no better advertisement than "word of mouth". With this said, I absolutely adore, adore this cream. I am late to the BB craze; I stumbled upon it by reading an article entitled "The 25 Beauty Products Every Woman Should Own". I agree with the article's author everyone should find a BB cream that suits them. I was perplexed about finding one that would suit my skin tone since I am a deep milk chocolate brown. I get compliments on my skin (in foundation) but I suffer from enlarged pores, laugh lines, and slight wrinkles under my eyes. I also have slight discoloration. I almost exclusively buy my beauty products and fragrance from Amazon but I purchased this from the Rite-Aid in Medium/Deep. I was overjoyed after I looked in the mirror. I applied a generous amount (the size of a quarter on my entire face) and I looked flawless...unbelievable! I cannot wait to wash my face now and apply it. I added a rose Christian Dior lip gloss and I looked great! I am sorry for lack of self-deprivation but I am amazed, it does what it said it would--for me! I say for the price, under $20 it is worth the gamble. You might get that "chalky" look many complain of but try another brand. I intend to splurge on an Estee Lauder BB cream when my finances allow it since they have a wide selection of colors. I hope this review will be useful.
0Comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2012
For around the same price, you can get a good-quality Korean BB Cream that is better both in value and quality. I would really rate this a 3.5/5, but decided to be reaaally generous and round up--for a cheap drugstore item, it's not too bad.

Here's why I don't love it:
-GREASY: Even if you have dry skin, you'll just look greasy until it dries (which takes forever). I hate when hair sticks to my face. A finishing powder would be great, but the point of me using this was not to wear more product.
-NOT GOOD FOR SKIN: I'd call this a tinted moisturizer, **NOT** a BB cream. For a couple weeks, this was the only thing I used on my face except for moisturizer. The texture/quality of my skin got worse--something that wouldn't necessarily happen with a true BB cream unless you were allergic to something. This never happened with my Skin79 BB cream. It's not like there's any regulation on what companies can call a BB cream; I mean, Garnier could come out with a face scrub and slap on the label "BB Cream".
-EMPHASIZES LINES: If you can't tell from the pics I posted, my hands are pretty wrinkly up close--this emphasized all the lines. I'm young so my face doesn't have wrinkles, but if it did I would definitely not use this.
-LOOKS CAKEY: I have a few small bumps on my skin, and some patches of dryness--this just looked really bad over them. That being said, it's not noticeable unless you look at my face from like a foot away.
-FEELS CHALKY: Not the same as looking chalky--this isn't something many people would have a complaint with. You know how most cheap sunscreens and some 'moisturizers' don't quench dry skin, so even if it's wet it feels chalky? This is just like that.

Here are some rewarding properties:
-NO YELLOW UNDERTONES: These aren't made specifically for Asian skin.
-GREAT COVERAGE: Especially for a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is pretty great.
-FEELS LIGHT: I can feel when there's product all over my face, and it feels uncomfortable--that's why I don't use liquid foundation. This stuff feels very light.
-CHEAP: Hey, thirteen bucks isn't bad.
-SPF 15: If you don't wear sunscreen on your face, you'll have some sort of UV protection.
-NOT THE WORST: Ehh, it's not a bad product. It's cheap, covers your skin, isn't super heavy, has sunscreen, etc. But I would never describe this as "great" or "amazing" or "perfect".

Just a warning--I have medium skin and this fit me perfectly, so I would NOT recommend this for light skin.
If you have pale skin without intensely pink undertones: get a Skin79 or other Korean BB cream (they have different formulas for different concerns)--they feel amazing.
If you have more money to spend: Dr. Jart has great BB creams. Apparently the Too Faced one has good coverage.
If you have medium skin and don't want to spend a lot on the BB cream fad: This is a decent alternative, but L'oreal and Maybelline are also coming out with 'BB creams'--you could try those as well.

Being medium-skinned, my 'Oriental Gold' Skin79 cream didn't match my skin well (but feels amazing! I mix it w/moisturizer so it's not as light). This Garnier Fructis product perfectly matched my skin tone as well as my sister's (who is a few shades lighter), but the quality was somewhat inferior.

(note: I don't think GF ever made any reference to this *improving* your actual skin, which is what real BB creams do--it just says it 'instantly improves' when you put it on, which any foundation will do. careful wording!)
review image review image review image review image
1515 comments|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2012
This is a great product for people with dry skin.

In recent years my skin has changed and become DRY. After makeup application I looked pasty! I'm glad I found this BB cream - No more pasty looking skin - Alleluia! Used with a bit of concealer this product gives me an even, moist looking finish.

APPLICATION:
I put some product on the back of my hand. I dip a "stipple brush" evenly & LIGHTLY into the product. I "stipple" (dot) it on my skin, let it dry and then buff it a bit (you can use whatever method you like to apply it.) I am VERY happy with the natural looking results AND the SPF protection.

COLOR/Scent:
I have light olive skin and I use the medium-deep. Pleasant scent is so light, it's barely there.

I have researched a few of the ingredients of this product. Hope it helps :)

INGREDIENT INFORMATION:
Isononyl Isononanoate:
A skin conditioning emollient that leaves a silky feeling on the skin.

Isohexadecane:
High purity. Although it is colorless & odorless it creates a very creamy, thick formula. However, for all of its rich texture, it leaves a non-greasy, light and silky feeling on the skin.

Linalool:
A component of many essential oils, including orange, lavender, rose, rosewood, and coriander. (Isn't that awesome?)

Cetyl palmitate:
A naturally occurring fatty acid.

Limonene:
A scent ingredient and solvent naturally ocurring in the rind of citrus fruit.

***UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2012****
*Talk about value! I am STILL using the same tube I began in MARCH. A little goes a long way.
*I still love this product and highly recommend for anyone with dry skin.
God bless :)
55 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2014
A friend who's a beauty in her mid sixties shared this BB cream secret with me... and I love it! It gives a nice glow and natural warm color to my face, and just makes me look more put together without having a heavy foundation, yet gives a bit more color than a tinted moisturizer that I used before. You only need a tiny bit and it glides on easily. It's a great beauty secret that I've shared with my friends. Try it... You'll love it, and you get more with Garnier than other BB creams at higher prices.
on July 27, 2014
I have green eyes and medium brunette hair, and my skin has slight golden undertones. I live in the desert and have oily, but aging skin. I love this product because it has a light, non-greasy feel to it. it evens out my skintone without becoming a mask, and looks very natural. I use the fair-light and light-medium of this brand mixed about 50/50. I run outside so I find that having both on hand helps me to be able to mix what I need to match my jawline, since my skin is slightly darker in the summer and lighter in the winter.
I've usd the Missha brand cream, Clinique, Revlon, Smashbox, and Physician's Formula BB and CC creams, and all were too thick and heavy and masklike. My face remains even, moisturized, and doesn't break out. I think I did get some clogged pores at first but they went away, so maybe it was just getting accustomed to it.
One caveat, as with most creams - I don't put it under my eyes. I always blend it up to just under where the delicate under eye skin starts. The reason being, all foundations will eventually settle into the creases of that very thin skin and accentuate them.

Now, the reason i took away two stars--the fragrance. It's very strong. By itself it might not be so bad, but I seem to be surrounded by scented things, and I have asthma. I'll stick with neutragena sheers for now. Maybe they'll come out with an unscented version.
on March 6, 2016
I love the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Perfector BB Cream for combination/oily skin in Light/Medium. It is the best BB cream I have ever tried. The texture is very light and it blends over the skin so seamlessly while providing just the right amount of coverage. The only problem is that it is too dark for my skin. So I did a search for Garnier BB Cream in light and I was so thrilled to find this product!

But this is definitely not the same BB Cream. First of all, the tube is different. This one has a flip top as opposed to a screw cap. The texture is much thicker with a very strong perfumey scent. It's not awful, but it is distracting. And the coverage is not the same. It doesn't cover as well as the other stuff and it kind of sinks into my pores making them more noticable with a cakey appearance.

Just FYI, this product is actually discontinued on the Garnier website. I'm just so bummed they aren't making their other BB creams in light. Why do they all have to be light/medium? Don't they know that some of us are so pale we glow in the dark?

I don't hate this BB cream. In fact I use it almost daily. But it just wasn't what I was looking for when I purchased it. I'm still on the search for the perfect BB cream. Darn you, Garnier!
on January 29, 2015
LOVE this stuff! I don't like a heavy foundation but this is enough to just even out the skin tone. I get a lot of compliments about my skin, one of which was "Your skin is just glowing!". It's not heavy, it doesn't make you feel weighed down. I'm totally a fan and have been wearing this for almost 2 years. I don't see that stopping any time soon!
on August 12, 2013
I can not say enough good things about this product! I have struggled with TERRIBLE skin my entire life; redness, uneven skin tone, bad acne, and dark acne scars. I had tried every foundation on the market. They all made my skin more red,and irritated which led to more break outs. Traditional foundation made my skin super dry and flakey- just no good all around.
I was very skeptical in trying this product as I have tried tinted moisturizers in the past and I didn't like them. They were all so oily, and seems to make my face break out even more. I finally bought this product, and fell in love by my first use! It surprisingly offers GREAT build-able coverage. I apply over my whole face, and add a little extra on my problem areas. I can use this as my foundation. My skin looks FLAWLESS when I use this product! my skin looks fresh, light, dewy, and my skin tone is super even. It even looks amazing in pictures. I get compliments from all of my co-workers and family on my skin, and have even had strangers pull me aside in stores asking what I do to make my skin look so good; something I would have NEVER expected since I have dealt with severe acne my entire life.
Not only does my skin look great with it on, but by regularly using this product, my skin has gradually starting clearing up, my skin tone is very even, no more redness or blotchiness, and my acne scars are starting to improve and lighten. My skin looks and feels healthy and glowing.
I am so so thankful I have found this product. I can actually say now that I love my skin. I am so much more confident knowing that I am not this awkward 25 year old with terrible acne and skin. Thank you Garnier for this product! it has been life changing!
on December 29, 2014
My daughter left her almost empty bottle at home so I tried it. After having tried 2 or 3 BB creams from different manufacturers, I liked this one. Gives a very smooth, even base and it goes on so easily. I use just a little mineral powder base for a little extra coverage, but feel I may not even need it. I have broken capillaries, age and sun spots, and darkness under my eyes. This product somehow does a great job of minimizing many imperfections and still be very light weight.
on February 25, 2015
I moved over to a BB cream a few years ago and this is still my favorite. I have an uneven skin tone caused by melasma and sun damage. This is really helps even out my tone and give me a healthy looking glow. It does not clog my pores or feel greasy or heavy at all.
The color is also great for me ( I am a light/medium tone and the corresponding product matches my skin quite well)
It lasts a long time, which is also a great bonus. One of my only complaints is that the SPF is only 15. I would like to see an spf of at least 20-25.