Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: pack of 1|Change

on January 25, 2013
I bought the product more for hyperpigmentation- little red spots left after pimples. I do not have any brown spots on my face.

The product itself is not your typical lotion. It is very "liquid-y" and a bit sticky. It reminds me of the texture of Aloe Vera. It remains tacky on your skin for a few minutes. I wait until it dries then apply a moisturizer. I had a slight stinging upon application however I just got done washing my face real well. I have not had any stinging since. A little goes along way with this. I am only applying it to the sides of my face and problem areas as it is a bit drying and I don't want the rest of my face to dry out.

Week results? My skin feels smoother and a little of the red marks from old pimples are not as bright. They are not gone but I realize I have not given the four weeks this product needs. You need to use it in conjunction with a moisturizer as you will feel dry.

I do wonder why they call it a "peel"- I think that is a bit misleading. It in no way acts like a professional peel and if you expect that you won't be happy.

***** 2 Week results. I had some very mild peeling. If I didn't look close I would have missed it. NO breakouts at all. In fact my skin looks clearer. I put it on regularly. In the morning and at night. If I am going without make up and staying indoors I will apply some during the day too. I have noticed a difference. I wake up and my face just looks "Calm" more even.

***** 3 Week result. My dark spots (Hyperpigmentation) are much lighter. (Not totally gone) My skin feels very dry though. In fact even my lips are peeling. It is a little too much dry for me so I am only going to apply it once a day now.

My skin seems more even and calm. The effects are very subtle. I had one day of what appeared to be a very light peeling but for the most part there has been none. But, my skin does seem to be a little more even. I especially notice it when I wake up. I will continue to use the product since I have two bottles. Then I may stop to see if there is a noticeable reaction when I stop. LIke I said previously, I don't think this will remove dark spots completely but it does work to some degree on smoothing out skin tone.

I am 45, a non-smoker, and I use a lot of sunscreen. I have had to use less foundation with this product.

This is a slow process, I would be very leery of any claims that spots have gone away within days. I am not paid to do this nor am I in any way affiliated with any company.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2014
A youtuber reviewed this product - she was African American - my skin complexion and raved about it, so I decided to try it! First off, as an African American, I would have NEVER thought to use Garnier products... Not saying that I only use products for African Americans, but I always thought Garnier products were expensive and maybe wasn't for my skin tone.. Well I was WRONG! I have dark spots on my lower chin/jawline from my hair or the products that I use in my hair. Anytime I wear my hair down, I break out and I HATE that!!! Anyway, I've been using this every night before bed for the past month and I can see a huge difference!! The spots have lightened tremendously! They are not gone and I don't think this product is strong enough to do that, but any improvement is better than none. I'm going to order the day time version of this and see if it lightens the spots more. I will review that product once I know either way.
on April 9, 2014
I like this it really faded my dark marks drastically. It does take the whole bottle before i seen results but when i did well worth the wait.
on May 25, 2013
I tried this product and loved it.
The product does what is says. My skin the next day was so much brighter and weeks later some spots were completely gone!
on March 31, 2013
I first started using the Dark Spot Peel and was not than impressed but once I started using it with Garnier Clinical Dark Spot Corrector Skin Renew, 1.7 Ounce I noticed a big difference. On the back of the bottle it says "for persistent dark spots, follow with..." so the answer was there all along!

When you think about it it makes sense. Many of the great skin care systems have multiple steps (i.e. Proactiv). While I did not want to have to go spend more money, I am glad I did. The peel seems to remove the old/dead skin and the corrector encourages new cell growth - new cells replace the dark spot cells. If you want fast (3 to 4 week results) I strongly suggest you invest in both products.
on October 31, 2015
I don't find many products that live up to it's description. This one does. I started using it every night after cleansing. I had some dark spots on my face, up on the cheekbones on both sides. I wear glasses, and I think they were concentrating the sun on my face. I noticed improvement not only in the dark splotches, but all over my face. I am planning on buying more, plus a few other products in the same line. Only one complaint: Garnier still tests on animals. It is no longer necessary to do so.
on December 21, 2015
I absolutely love this product. I noticed a reduction in the darkness of spots after just a couple of days. I have been using this every other night for about 4 months and there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in the appearance of my skin. It takes time, but my skin is so much more even and clear. Also, many products tend to break me out and this does NOT. I don't really have age spots yet, but I do have acne discoloration - or I should say I had acne discoloration. Whatever is in here, it leaves my skin clear and soft. I could not be happier with this product and wanted to share my results. =)
on August 31, 2015
This is definitely a good product to add to your night routine. I haven't used it as consistently as I should have, but I still saw results. It helped fade some dark marks on my forehead from me picking at pimples, in about 3 weeks. I would probably have faster results but I didn't use it every night so that kind of messed it up. Great product overall though. It's very light and not oily. I also haven't had any problems with it breaking me out.
on March 14, 2016
This appears to be working. I have been using this with the Clinical Dark Spot moisturizer. I have been getting compliments on my skin lately. I have some dark spots due to acne scarring and this seems to be helping them fade. I do have to say that this does burn/sting a little bit when you use it. It warns you on the label about this as well. This hasn't dried up my skin. In fact this sticky peel feels more like a serum and feels kind of moisturizing to my skin. This also hasn't clogged my acne prone skin either!
on April 1, 2016
I have been using this about 2 weeks. I am pretty happy with it - my skin feels smoother, make up application of nicer. I had had a bad hormonal breakout just before I started using this. It never came to a head, I just attacked it with oxy wipes and moisturizers. It subsided within a few days, but I'm always left with red marks from my hormonal break outs, even if I don't pop them. This product reduced the redness drastically within 3 days. It usually takes 2 weeks or so for me to feel comfortable not using a concealer post breakout. On the 5th day, the redness was reduced enough that I did so.
I've been using it nightly, then slathering shea butter on top. I have had a little dryness around my mouth, but I've also changed my daily moisturizer, and the two probably just don't play well together. I don't have any dark spots, per se, just occasional redness from breakouts. Pretty happy with this inexpensive product!

*photo is 4 days after beginning to use the peel. The redness from the hormonal acne mid cheek is hugely reduced from what it would normally be for me. You can also see some redness at the corners of my mouth from dryness.
review image