5.0 out of 5 stars You must get this book!
Published on May 14, 2008 by Chris Butts

2.0 out of 5 stars Selling wine
Perhaps Gary is a marketing genius but a more honest effort should have been made to inform potential buyers of this book that the title should be "101 Wines (THAT I"M SELLING): Guaranteed to......". If you look at the list of these "bring thunder" wines, then read their reviews at WS and WA (not that anyone should be a slave to ratings but these two big boys are...
Published on June 12, 2008 by pgh_reviewer86

5.0 out of 5 stars You must get this book!, May 14, 2008
Chris Butts (Redwood City CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World (Paperback)
I'll have to admit something. Until recently, I've never heard of Gary Vaynerchuk before. I had no idea what Wine Library TV was. Then a couple months ago, I decided to finally join this little website called Twitter. It all went downhill from there! (haha) To make a short story long, when I first saw mention of this internet wine show, I was thinking - oh, sure - THAT sounds like a blast; probably some snobby, obnoxious old fart who waxes philosophical about wine and thinks his opinion is more sacred than Mother Teresa. (Have you met a "serious" wine critic before? I have. I'd rather be poked in the eye.) Well, you should never judge a book by it cover (no pun intended) and I bit the bullet and saw a few episodes of Gary's little wine show called Wine Library TV.

I was hooked. I don't think I've ever run across anyone more sincere and passionate about wine before, who is more anxious to teach the world not about wine technique and history lessons, but to teach people to have fun with wine. To remove all the stereotypical stigmas associated with drinking wine. That it's ok to pop open a bottle for a football game. If you want a glass of Napa Cab with your cheeseburger - why not?

It's this passion that really shines in Gary's book. He makes it perfectly clear that the book is not a "wine guide". It's not. Yes, at the end of the day, its just another man's opinion on wine - 101, to be exact. But trust me, you will learn a thing or two. And, like me, you'll want to run out and buy wine you've never tasted or heard of before. The way Gary writes here - "bringing the thunder", the "oak monster", "obnoxious silkiness" - or a wine can taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch or smells like poop (poop? Yes, poop) - it's just downright fun. The book is just filled with great stuff and little "fun facts" run rampant throughout.

So Gary - I sincerely thank you. To the world - buy this book and hopefully you'll get as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary Explains Wine for the Rest of Us, May 14, 2008
Length:: 1:00 Mins

Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World Gary has democratized wine and lured me over from the beer side. Thanks for the ongoing education, Gary.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thunder has been brought!, May 19, 2008
GatorBrad (Jacksonville, Fl) - See all my reviews
Gary's book reads exactly like he reviews the wines in his show. He's down-to-earth, funny, and just tells it like it is. What really makes it fun is how he brings wine down to the basest level and makes it easy to understand. I had a bunch of laughs remembering Grape Ape and Big League Chew.
What's also great is that, even though he has fun with it and jokes, he still has the little bits of wisdom on the side, giving us a history of the label of some of the wines, the area, and about the grapes themselves.
I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel, "Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Depress, Cringe, and Bring Lots of Oak to Your Pal.

5.0 out of 5 stars The internets most PASSIONATE collection of wines, May 20, 2008
If you've had the opportunity to be able to sit down and watch [...] Gary VAY-NER-CHUK in action on the Thunder Show, you will have realized that there are some people born to do certain things in this world, and an even more rare select few who actually find what that is they are actually supposed to do and end up doing it.

Gary Vaynerchuk was meant to bring the Thunder to the world, and not only does he do that on WLTV, he also does it with "101 Wines Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World.

I appreciate the fact that Gary owns the camera when he's in front of it, and owns the pages when he writes on them. He's never tried to be a seller of wine, just a friendly voice trying to inspire people to trust your own review and drink the wines you enjoy, but also to try different things.

Here are 101 options that he find the best of his taste. You might not like them all, you might love them all, but you're gonna have a blast experiencing them and that's what matters.

Wine elitists and wine noobs alike can understand what Gary is writing about and I'm looking forward to the next adventure into the journalistic saga that is the Wine Mind of Gary V!

Great job man

THUNDER = BROUGHT

5.0 out of 5 stars This book brings Thunder to my World, May 14, 2008
This book truly does "Inspire, Delight and Bring Thunder to your World." When I did a quick flip of the pages (similar to the swirling of the wine) and then took my first look (sticking your nose in the wine) I was delighted. I got a taste of an amazing book that inspired the mind (similar to a wine inspiring you taste buds). From start to finish this book is amazing and a must read. Start from number 101 and read it through, number one will surprise you, it shocked me :) I was so inspired I went and tried to find a handful of these wines. Additionally talked to customers and employees at the wine story and told them about the book and have a few of them going to check it out as well. Gary Vaynerchuk is an amazing author, wine expert and overall amazing person. Two thumbs up. So good I now have three copies ! One to keep, one to give away and a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Verdict: Gary Brings the Thunder!, May 15, 2008
Timothy J. Schultz (Bucks County, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Gary never ceases to captive me with his expert knowledge and insight into the wine world, and this book is no exception. His energy and passion for making wine fun and entertaining is clearly evident in this book. No doubt you'll learn some new and interesting things. I hope there will be MANY more books to come!

Overall, a GREAT pool-side summer read with a glass of YOUR favorite vino!

4.0 out of 5 stars A different view of the wine world, June 2, 2008
Gary Vaynerchuk's book bring his unique prospective on wine to the wider world. What is really great about the book is that the effort is not to influence folks to buy the same old wines, but Gary really shows the very wide diversity of wines that are available and very enjoyable. Gary provides 101 recommendations that span the world and most if not all of the styles of wine that people can buy. Gary is trying to change the wine world through education and his enthusiasm that jumps off of every page. His show and this book take great strides toward that goal. I enjoyed the book, enjoyed the refreshing views on wine and on life too. The philosophy that Gary brings to the book is that wine is to be enjoyed with family and friends and not hid in a cellar. I gave the book to a friend to help spread the virus that Gary represents to changing the wine world, an infection that is good for you! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary makes me a believer in wine, May 25, 2008
As a wine newbie, I have not been able to experience very many different wines so I really did not know what to look for when I started tasting wine. After watching Gary and breezing through this book I think I am beginning to develop an understanding of the complexities of wine, and the fun associated with trying different wine/food pairings and different "weird" wines in general. Growing up I always thought wine to be gross, my thought was why drink fermented Welch's grape juice? Anyways Gary has done a magnificent job making wine accessible to the average person while breaking me of my fermented Welch's belief. I especially like the inclusion of inexpensive wines as I am a college student on a tight budget. Great job Gary, keep bringing the THUNDER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book with lots of information, May 25, 2008
S. Berkowitz (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I read this book basically at one sitting. The book gives 101 of Gary's wine picks--they vary from white to red, sparkling, dessert, etc. For each wine he imparts a lot of information, both about the grape, the wine and where it is from which could be boring if from another writer. However, Gary makes it fun and interesting to read with his written words sounding almost exactly how he sounds on Wine Library TV. I also liked that he gave suggestions at the back of the book with wines for specific events. I would recommend this book especially for someone who is just getting into wine as it will be informative, but not boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so proud of my pal!, May 14, 2008
I've been watching Wine Library TV since almost the beginning. I understood his passion and mission from the very first moment. He's a kindred soul. Since I first met him in person at the Boston Wine Expo, he knew I was a kindred soul as well. We've developed a friendship so I'm so proud that my pal has written this book. Knowing him, it's no surprise that the book is great. It captures his loving, energetic personality and knowledge of and passion for wine. This book is an indispensable guide to not only wine, but to life and love as well. Consider it Gary's love letter to each of you.

$19.95 $17.96