5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on Gate Deadlock, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Paperback)
I loved the way that the author wrote. The writing style is easy to read, and it makes you feel like you are right there in the story. This was a nice love story, with lots of suspense, which I loved. I had a hard time putting the book down, I wanted to keep reading to find out what was going to happen with Christopher and Emma. I found his connection to her father to be heartbreaking, but amazing how Emma still connected with Christopher and feel in love with him.

While there was no happy ending at this end of this book. I really enjoyed the ending because it was done in a way that did not leave you feeling disappointed. It leaves you with thinking of all the possibilities of what can happen next. I have all kinds of things running through my mind, like is he pretending, does he really feel like the ending makes him appear to be feeling?

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read., June 19, 2013
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Kindle Edition)
When it comes to this book, I'm going to do my "new" type of review. I have tried to figure out how to write this review for the past few days and I think that this is the best way that I can do it.

Things I enjoyed:

I really enjoyed the world that was created. The different worlds that were created were done extremely well.

The characters were written in a way that you could visual idea as to what they look like, how they act. Everything about them in general, their actions and personalities.

The story line of this book was amazing; I really liked the whole idea behind this story.

Things that I didn't enjoy:

The story seemed drawn out at certain parts. There were some sections that felt like they just dragged on longer than they should have.

Other parts of the book seemed to short, you were left wanted to know more about what was going on, what was happening.

I wish we had a little more insight into Christopher's past, but I am hoping that there is more to learn in the next book.

All in all, I did enjoy this book and I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enticingly captivating!, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Paperback)
I love Urania's writing style and found this book very enticing! It's well written and exactly the type of book I prefer. While there's numerous other books about time travelling, Urania has managed to make her story completely original.

The romance in the story is sweet and captivating, while the suspense is edgy and tense, and there are moments in the book where you have to keep a tight rein on your emotions. The plotline is brilliantly developed and the way Urania describes the characters and their surroundings, I think, is just excellent.

I found the main character, Emma, very likable, as she's made out to be a very timid, good-natured and innocent girl, pulled into a very complicated and life-threatening situation. It was easy to keep up with what was going on in the book, even after Christopher, the mysterious guy who claims to be a new tutor and sweeps Emma off her feet, arrives at her summer school in Greece. I think Christopher was the perfect antidote to Emma. She sees him as her "guardian angel" for reasons I will not let slip. I also liked the fact that Emma thought of Christopher as "the perfect man", when actually he's just a gorgeous guy with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Though Emma is determined to continue her late father's campaign, her plans are unexpectedly thrown to a halt when discovering the truth behind her father's death, and who better to be involved in his murder than the beautiful Christopher himself? Tantalizing, I tell you! Of course, after his true identity is revealed, she still sticks around, which didn't come as a surprise.

What did surprise me, though, was the ending of the book, as normally you would expect a happy ending where everyone lives happily ever after and the princess gets her prince, but there is no happy ending in this book! I don't know the reason behind this, though, as I got a bit confused reading the last paragraph. Did Emma die or run? Her actions seemed to be a bit blurry, but I suspect there could be a sequel? If there is, I have to get my hands on it because the story ends with a cliff-hanger and I need to know if, in fact, there will be a happy ending after all. If there isn't a follow-on, I will be very disappointed because that could only mean one thing ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking book, April 12, 2010
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Paperback)
"Gate Deadlock" is one of the best books I have read in the last few years.
It includes suspense,romance,action and imagination,everything that a great book should include.
The love story of the main characters proves that this powerful feeling can alter everything and everyone.
But can love exist between two people that live in a different universe?
Sarri's style of writing kept my enthusiasm and anguish in high levels
that I could not find a way to stop reading the book at once.
I cannot wait to read the sequence and find out how this unpredictable story will end!!

"Gate Deadlock" is definitely a book that everyone should read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read everyone, June 22, 2010
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have read. It includes everything; suspense, romance, action and imagination. `Gate Deadlock' is a love story with an intriguing plot.. A very exciting book with well defined characters, very well written and easy to read. I read this book many times and each time I enjoyed it.
I highly recommend this book to all my readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read-especially for young (or young at heart) readers, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Paperback)
I bought two copies of this book; one for my 17-year-old niece and the other for the thirteen-year-old daughter of a friend. Both young ladies loved it! I read the book as well and thoroughly enjoyed the adventures of the well-delveloped characters. I especially liked being transported into the Greek summer heat and I could almost envisioned myself having a souvlaki along with Emma and Christopher. This is a relaxing read for your summer holidays, regardless of your (chronological)age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Read, March 10, 2010
This review is from: Gate Deadlock (Paperback)
Urania Sarri's novel, "Gate Deadlock" had me spellbound from its opening words until the end. The novel is a blend of mystery, romance and time travel that pulled me directly into the story. Sarri's mastery of literary language makes it a joy to read, and her intriguing storyline made it impossible to put down. I felt the passion, the fear, the love. This novel hits on all levels. It grabbed me emotionally and had me intellectually questioning, "What will happen next?" I would highly recommend "Gate Deadlock" to anyone who wants to hear a fresh voice filled with emotion.

Gate Deadlock