5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Desktop
Published 23 months ago by MikeR

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a decent system, but...
Published on July 8, 2012 by Patrick C. Neil

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Desktop, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I really dont understand the negative comments, i just bought this exact same model from my local MicroCenter for $999.99 and I love this Desktop. This thing is FAST. I upgraded the hard drive to my Crucial 256 GB m4 ssd and this thing is a speed demon. The graphics card runs games perfectly at high on my 25in hp 2511x 1080p monitor. Another great part about this is that it is SILENT, i was really surprised at this. The lights on the case make this look really nice and they can be turned on and off with the switch on the top.
I was checking the temps and they are no where near over heating levels even after gaming.

My Windows Experience Index rated this at:...(out of 7.9)
Processor:(i7 3770)- 7.7
Memory: - 7.7
Graphics: - 7.5
Gaming Graphics: - 7.5
Primary Hard Disk: - 7.9

The only negative with this desktop is the built in wireless. It needs some wiggling and adjustment to find its sweet spot but i just used an extra wireless n usb adapter i had and i have no problems. Other then the wireless this is a perfect computer, assuming you don't get a lemon.
I will update if anything else arises.

**UPDATE NOV.16 2012**
This thing is still going strong and ive had no problems.
Its still very quiet and powerful.
I ended up switching out the graphics card for an nvidia gtx 660, big improvement over the 7770. and i added a blu ray burner too. I Love this thing, and now being sold at around $750 its a steal!

4.0 out of 5 stars FX6860, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought one of these from another retailer, and have had nothing but great luck from it. I will leave it on running for weeks at a time and access it from the road over VPN. The only problem I've had has to do with Windows and not the hardware. I was skeptical when I heard it was an Acer, but I needed another PC for a project so I thought I would take a gamble. It was a good bet. It's now a year old and I have never had any issue. I really love the two removable SATA drive bays. They make backups easy and you can have another data for data if needed. Best $1000 I've ever spent on an off the shelf PC ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed at last, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Previous to this, I had a budget computer. It was slow. It made me impatient for several years. When it bit the dust, all I wanted was SPEED. I wanted snappy performance.

I am not a gamer so cannot address that. However, I like to have multiple applications open at once, and some are quite memory and CPU intensive. I wanted to have them all open without any slowing of my system.

I got my wish! This system is really, really fast. I can have everything and anything open and it all is perky and snappy. It only takes a few seconds for a program to load. I have had zero problems with software and hardware in the last few months I've had this system.

Also, the graphics are sharp and clear, and the audio is great. The WiFi works well. I love FINALLY having enough USB ports. The placement is perfect - some are in back, some in front, some on the top. They are VERY easy to access. Perfect.

I like the race-car red lights...and also like that I can turn them off if I ever get tired of the obvious sign of a high performance machine.

I've never had such an easy time transferring hard disks. I just popped them in the front in the front-loading bay. I was amazed.

I have very few "cons". The only minor one is that I wish it came with two CD-ROM/DVD players/burners rather than one, and I wish that it had space for three total. But that is is minor.

This is a fast, stable machine with good graphics, good audio, nice engineering features and a fun design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a decent system, but..., July 8, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I picked one of these systems up because my older gaming system is long overdue for replacement. This system has decent specs and I didn't want to go to the trouble of building a new system from scratch. Got it home and un boxed it. Seems nice. Hooked it up and powered it on... Black screen. Tried a couple of things, checked the cables and monitor. Everything was fine.

I decided to contact customer support. Turns out that Gateway is now an Acer brand. There was no support number in the (very minimal) docs. Tried to get web support and ended up on an Acer site with no gateway options... Finally managed to find an online form and plug in the serial number enough times to get "approved" for phone support. Spent a long time on hold. Finally got to a real person. After about an hour on the phone I was told I'd have to ship it to their service center because it sounded. Like a hardware problem. No thanks.

Returned it and ordered parts to build a PC? Seems decent but was a waste of time for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful computer purchase, November 4, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
The computer arrived in pristine condition and in perfect working order. I've tried several computer manufacturers and have had the most luck with Gateways historically.

1/26/13 update - the computer is still working great.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one hell of a computer, for the Artist, Gamer and all., October 21, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Photoshop starts up quick, not much lag what so ever, unless you're using a heavy custom brush, other than that, is great!, I can run Dishonored, or even Borderlands 2 with High Settings no lag, even though i would like to upgrade the graphics card later in the future, because i've always enjoyed the NVidia cards.

Other than that, its all good :)
Though i would like to see from Gateway a section of their site, that allows downloading Bios,GPU, or any other updates for the pc, does anyone know where i can find like a BIOS update for this system?..
Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PC for the money!!!, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I have had no problems with the PC. It is super fast, super quite. Boots up extremely quickly and plays Diablo III perfectly. I would highly recommend this PC to anyone in the market for a fast PC at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awful lot under hood for $1000+, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Did not want to spend $1500-$2000 so I picked the Gateway up for approx $1050. Very fast, particularily when booting. Couldn't be more pleased with performance. Extremely quiet and cool. Will put SSD in when they have more capacity and work all bugs out

1.0 out of 5 stars better odds in vegas, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I have been with gateway since their inception early '90s I think. Upstart company, better than average speed, software, etc. at lower prices. Good support. That was then.
Fast wind to today. Bought a gateway and their highest priced extended warrantee since it was for my son.

First had a hard drive problem, had to ship it to their repair place and had to PAY for shipping for some reason since it was supposed to be covered. They repaired it and then when I turned my computer on I got the "your windows is not genuine" LOcal repair shop told me they also had a virus in the computer. Mailed it a second time, told me it was fixed, same problems. Finally the RAID drive died. When calling customer support, they now started asking for a 10 digit I believe 'SNID' serial number ID. My computer had a 9 digit serial number (I am estimating the number of numbers, it was a while ago, long and short of it, they SOLD THEIR REPAIR STUFF TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO ADDED A DIGIT TO THE SERIAL NUMBER AND CALLED IT A SNID) In essence, they cancelled the customer support of all previous customers before the SNID. Neat huh?

Since I did not have the proper number of digits in my ID, I could not get any support. It was IMPOSSIBLE to talk to a human without the SNID. 97 emails to India (I just could not quit this stupid quest to get the support I paid 300. plus dollars for) and they finally agreed that I did not have a SNID for my computer. They wanted to start all over again. Gateway will let you email India until your 3 years of support is up, they do not care. The Better Business Bureau tells me they are out of business (gateway) and could do nothing. Out of business?? How come Best Buy is selling this garbage then? I am sure Best Buy will be soon "out of business" with their lack of integrity.

SO Buy a computer from gateway IF you like buying stuff from some stranger's trunk with out of state plates. You will have better luck with support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Have had this computer for 6 months now, no problems at all. It's fast, has plenty of storage and it's very fast. I prefer desktops to laptops and I don't think the "old fashion" desktops will be around much longer so I'm planning on keeping this a long time. If the first 6 months have been any indication then I'll be happy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gateway FX6860-UR10P Desktop (Black)
Out of stock