Set 200 years from now, this is speculative fiction at its scariest. The world is coming to an end but not for everyone. The ultra-rich have the Age Prevention Program that keeps them looking young till the day they drop dead. And they have ways to escape mankind's dramatic fate, leaving behind the vast majority of people to struggle with global warming, war and epidemics.
This is the story of beautiful young Alice born on the wrong side of the tracks. She is determined to escape her fate, but the road to the exclusive world of billionaires is long and arduous. Can Jamie, a dashing investigative reporter she’s just met, help her? He belongs to the closed circles of the ultra-rich but he’s involved with Lizzie Woods, an attractive golf champion, descendant of the mythical Tiger Woods. And Lizzie has pressing problems of her own that demand Jamie’s attention. Her uncle, a veteran Blue Beret, recently retired from the UN Special Forces, is out to kill her. To complicate matters, an eccentric billionaire who’s turned Antarctica into his own private refuge, takes an inordinate interest in Lizzie and her uncle…Can Jamie save both Alice and Lizzie and which one will win his heart?
This is the novel of Man’s threatened existence on Earth and the search for alternatives. It was highly praised when first published in serialized form under the title "Forever Young". Excerpt from recent reviews:
- From the Writer’s Digest (2nd Annual Self-Published eBook Awards Judge opinion): “I absolutely love the ‘forever young’ premise about remaining young until you die. But it goes much deeper and farther than that. There is love, adventure, real heartbreak and all of this is packed into what boils down to a climate fiction futuristic thriller.”
- "A very plausible future. Too plausible. Scarily plausible." (Bob Rector)
- "A cast of characters that range from fascinating to despicable." (Marsha Roberts)
- "A prophetic view of our future. Compelling from start to finish" (Lit Amri)
- "A thought-provoking, confronting read." (Alana Woods)
The book is also available in serialized form, published in four separate episodes. Please note that if you acquire the omnibus edition (with all four episodes together), you benefit from an average 40% discount compared to buying each episode separately.