The ultra-portable design of the Gateway LT netbook (model LT2030u) is ideal for those on the move who need a quick, easy way to connect to the Internet and stay in touch with family and friends. Weighing less than 3 pounds, it features a 10.1-inch LED-backlit display and an easy typing keyboard. Check e-mail, communicate with friends via VOIP and webcam, share photos, surf the web, listen to music, watch movies and more--wherever you are. It also features a multi-gesture touchpad that enables you to pinch, flick and swirl your fingers for an intuitive navigation of web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more. And you'll get extended use on the go with the included 6-cell battery, which provides up to 7 hours of continuous use.
The Gateway LT gives you the screen space and storage room you want for your tasks with its 10.1-inch LED-backlit display and 250 GB hard disk drive. See also a schematic of all the Gateway LT's ports.
Simply flick, swirl and pinch your fingers across the intelligent multi-gesture touchpad to intuitively navigate web pages, media libraries, photos, spreadsheets and more.
The Gateway LT has a luxurious look with a high-polished finish, rounded edges, silver hinges and engraved metallic logo. Plus, its textured palm rest hides fingerprints and wears much better than glossy-finished palm rests--making it as durable as it is chic.
It comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system, which combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. It includes new Windows 7 features like Jump Lists to help you to better find and manage files, and connecting to printers and peripherals is easier than ever. (Learn more about Windows 7 Starter below.)
This netbook is powered by the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices and features an innovative hafnium-infused circuitry that reduces electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. The integrated 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) will keep you connected to email and all your social networks. Other features include a 250 GB hard drive, 1 GB of RAM (667 MHz), three USB ports, and 5-in-1 memory card reader.
- 10.1-inch high-brightness LED-backlit display delivers a 1024 x 600 resolution for less scrolling while searching the Internet and staying productive while traveling
- Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. And Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. (Learn more)
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. A small notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium is even easier to use. The new taskbar and advanced navigation features make launching programs, opening files, managing windows, and getting around your PC faster and easier. Personalize your PC to be just the way you want it with helpful gadgets and desktop themes--even turn your desktop into a slideshow of your favorite photos. And you get the best entertainment experience on a PC. With Windows Media Center, you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
- Multi-gesture touchpad allows you to intuitively navigate WebPages, media libraries, photos, spreadsheets and more by simply flicking, swirling and pinching your fingers.
- 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor extends battery life and power efficiency to deliver excellent mobile performance and Internet connections on the go (includes 533 MHz front side bus and 512 KB L2 cache)
- 250 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB of RAM (667 MHz) to help complete your netbook tasks quickly and easily.
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 integrated video processing
- 0.3-megapixel webcam integrated into the display bezel for easy video chats and conferencing
- 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g)
- VGA video output for connecting to an external monitor
- 5-in-1 memory card reader
- VGA video output
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby Headphone Technology provides the dramatic sound effects of a 5.1-channel soundtrack.
- HD Audio provides your system with the support it needs to handle the most cutting-edge audio content. Plus, you'll hear more of your tunes and tones, with auditory playback coming out at a higher quality than systems without HD sound.
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- 6-cell battery for up to 7 hours of use
- Dimensions: 10.17 x 8.04 x 1.03 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.95 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This netbook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks, and it also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 5-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, and xD-Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet
What's in the box
This package contains the Gateway LT2030u netbook, 6-cell rechargeable battery, AC adapter, and printed documentation
It also comes with the following software: Microsoft Works (applications for word processing, spreadsheet, calendar, and email); 60-day trial of Microsoft Office 2007
Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do—less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
|Simpler and easier to use ||Built with the latest technology ||Makes home networking easy |
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy.
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Starter supports the latest hardware and software.
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple.
- Connecting to wireless networks is easy and fast.
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing.
Take the Internet to more places with the long battery life and flexibility of a compact, lightweight netbook powered by the incredibly small, amazingly smart Intel Atom processor
. It features a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.6 GHz Atom N270 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
Gateway LT2030u Netbook comes with these specs: Intel Atom Processor N270, Windows 7 Starter, 10.1-Inch SD WSVGA High Brightness LED-backlit Display, Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset, 1024MB DDR2 667MHz Memory, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, 250 GB SATA Hard Drive, Integrated Webcam, Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, Dolby Headphone Technology, High-Definition Audio Support, 802.11b/g WiFi CERTIFIED, 3 - USB 2.0 Ports, Multi-gesture Touchpad, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5200 mAh), 7+ Hours of Battery Life, 2.95 lbs. | 1.33 kg (system unit only), AC Power Adapter, AC Power Cord, Wireless Setup Card, Registration/ Limited Warranty Card, Norton Internet Security (60-day trial)