Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 6, 2013
Using this PC as a media center in my living room. Connected it to my TV via HDMI. Works great and is really quiet. Not sure I would pick this as my gaming PC! Was surprised at how small it was, about half the size of a regular tower. Not much room inside for upgrades. Works flawlessly on my wireless network using a Netgear USB wireless adapter. Perfect for what I needed.
on January 30, 2013
Works fine. No issues. Still not sure if I like Windows 8 or not. IE 10 works best on the W8 version. Worth the money for home surfing, news reading etc. I don't think it would be powerful enough in this configuration for gamers but it is upgradeable.
on December 28, 2012
It is perfect for the family desk top. It was a quick install and we had it running in less than 10 minutes. Works great, just need to get use to Windows 8...not a big fan
on February 24, 2013
For $300, you can't beat this PC! I am coming from an 8 year old Compaq that I bought at Walmart. I typically use my PC for email, web browsing, word processing, photos, ebay, youtube, etc. For these applications it works great!! It's super fast, quiet and has an overall great quality feel to it. Windows 8 took a while to figure out, but once I got the hang of it I was OK with it. There is definitely a steeper learning curve for Windows 8 than with prior versions. I downloaded Google Chrome and am using it as my web browser - I find that I like it better than the Internet Explorer that came with the machine. Vary satisfied with this purchase!
on January 26, 2013
I have two sons, ages 7 and 14, and both have this as their computer. They use it for online schooling and of course, computer games. I cannot rate this on technicality geek guy stuff, but I can say that neither boy has complained about the computer.
on January 30, 2013
I browse the internet, pay bills,save and print photos, and a little social media. This computer is great for these things. Easy to get up and running.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2013
Very nicely made unit. I like the compact size. Much smaller than my old "box like" unit and that means it takes up much less space. I like having some usb's and the card reader up front. Much handier! ...and it looks nice...but...it comes with MS8 and that rhymes with HATE! I do NOT like MS8. If you're new to MS 8 I suggest you wear a hat (keep you from pulling out your hair) until you figure it out. ...and you DO have to figure it out yourself. The "instructions are a joke! But.. if an old geezer like me can figure it out, anyone can!
on March 17, 2013
This gateway system really was a shock. It works superb. I've just start working with Windows 8 which is a little difficult but you will love it. Overall it is an excellent system. Huge PLUS it is cost efficient.
on April 11, 2013
I bought this computer for my mother who uses it just for the basics- email, web surfing, pictures, and word processing. Great computer for the price. Windows 8 is very confusing, but there is an option that you can click on that brings you to a basic desktop screen as if you had Windows 7. She uses that everytime rather then struggling through Windows 8 tiles or apps or whatever they are. For a basic computer user this is the right one for the price for sure!
on March 7, 2013
Bought this product for my parents. It is pretty much what I expected except that I did not want windows 8 which is of course what it came with. There is apparently no bios menu (or I haven't been able to find a way in) for me to put Ubuntu on it instead. That was very disappointing as my parents are having a terrible time with windows 8. I like to have the ability to enter the bios easily when booting so I would not by this product again.
33 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse