Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$4.99

on August 26, 2013
I love Gavin & Stacey. So much.
I watch it very often, sometimes even just in the background.
I also love Amazon Prime. In fact, one of the main reasons I have a Prime membership is so I can put G&S on whenever I want. (The complete, unedited G&S.)

HOWEVER...sometime in the last few weeks the streaming version was edited to exclude at least one musical number in Season 3 (the Smithy/Smithy Kanye rap). Likely the musical parts in the other seasons are now edited out. It's really too bad b/c the U.S. DVDs aren't complete either. The only possible way for Americans to see the complete G&S now is to get a blu-ray player and then get the region free blu-ray version from amazon.co.uk--but actually i'm not even sure THAT version is complete.

As Lady Catherine would say: "I'm quite put out!"

I've sent feedback about this to Amazon Prime but I doubt they can do anything to get the content back. I thought I'd let you guys know that you are missing out on key scenes of "comedy gold." (You might be able to find them on youtube still, but sheesh how annoying.)
on August 31, 2013
I happened upon this UK series completely by accident - and after the first few minutes I knew I was hooked.
For American audiences, there aren't may portions of the show which require any kind of subtitles, even the local Welch lingo is easily understood.

I found myself literally laughing out loud. Not a giggle, not a smile...but out loud laughing. This is a romantic comedy which is enhanced by extended family, extended friends and leads you to become more and more entwined in the lives surrounding "Gavin and Stacey".

Gavin plays well off of his 'mate' Smiffy, who plays off of Gavin's Mom and Dad, who play off of their odd matched neighbors - then there is Stacey, her Mom and Uncle ( my personal favorite) and how they play off of Stacey's best 'mate' 'Nessa -- and the rest unfolds before your eyes episode by episode.

Light, funny and translatable - definitely recommended.
on July 28, 2013
Gavin & Stacey is so amazing! I can watch it and rewatch it so many times. It's one of those shows that pulls you in and makes you feel like part of the family. The humor is spot on... I'm not British or Welsh. You really don't have to be from the UK to think it's funny. There are some references I definitely don't get-- but it's also really interesting learning about the differences between Essex and Wales. IT COULDN'T TAKE PLACE ANYWHERE ELSE! It's relevant but I just think this show is so perfect as is. (Why do we Americans have to remake everything??)

The show is a great combination of funny, romantic, and sweet. There's something really true and sentimental to it-- in a good way! Plus it has moments that feel so real and true to life, and others that are more absurd-- it has a wide range. I think it also appeals to a wide audience. I love the way the kids party with their parents. It really shows the way families and circles are built. It's a wonderful coming together story that shows it isn't always easy bringing different people together.

Pam is hilarious... and eventually the story really becomes- Nessa & Smithy-- which is brilliant. Nessa is amazing! Amazing catch phrases. I love love love this show. I'm so glad I watched it. There's something so unique and lovely about Gavin & Stacey. After watching it, I just feel like it stays with me. A little piece of it has attached itself and when I watch I can't help wishing I could spend christmas with the family or go to Capriccios! Best show I have watched all year. Alexis Bledel as Stacey... NO. I'd love to see THIS Gavin & Stacey come back. That would be crackin'!

Tidy.
on February 18, 2015
This has to be one of the funniest TV series that I have ever watched. I watched all 3 seasons in a weekend. . .they are short seasons of only 6 30min episodes. Full of wonderful quirky characters. I introduced my daughter it when we visited and watched it all lover again with her! It not only made me frequently belly laugh but added to my vernacular; "What's occurring?"
on March 29, 2016
Gavin and Stacey is our favorite series of all time. Each character (cast member) is uniquely presented ... with dialogue that is simply perfect. We love this show and have seen the entire series multiple times. Highly recommended for those who enjoy a hearty laugh...
on June 23, 2013
The Gavin and Stacey series made me laugh, giggle and cry. I loved it, a comedy from across the pond that entertained the stages, awkward moments, pinnacle and poignant emotions of a relationship. The acting troop was full of character variety, whilst Gavin and Stacey were the focal point, the supporting characters added to the series story line, branching out with real-life character flaws that you would recognize in your own life circle of friends and family. Gavin and Stacey is a fresh approach to a love story. I applaud the producers for not creating another sci-fi, stuffy aristrocratic drama, police or murder mystery program. A sweet story-line that redeemed British television (for me) and is a reminder of the tribulations both positive and negative in a relationship.
on September 19, 2013
When I try to describe this show to friends, the word "charming" inevitably finds its way into the description. The writing by cast members Ruth Jones and James Corden is superb and the characters are relatable and the whole clan is, well, charming. Do yourself a favor and have a Gavin and Stacey marathon soon.
on March 25, 2013
Season 3, the last season of Gavin and Stacey, is the unfortunate end of a great situation comedy. Not since the best addictive television comedies like Seinfeld and Cheers before it, has there been such a show worthy of a dedicated following--and sadly America doesn't even know about it. I just happened upon Gavin and Stacey and after a couple shows, I watched 3 seasons of it in 3 days. The best aspect of this show is that there are truly talented actors who wholly inhabit their characters. The most annoying, off-putting, characteristic of any show for me, particularly a comedy, is when an actor is constantly aware of what he's doing--the audience is watching him act. His/her, ego is on full display completely thrilled at this opportunity to strut his stuff in a show. That doesn't happen in Gavin and Stacey. Some of these characters are over the top, and you believe them, even love them for their idiosyncrasies. Gavin and Stacey are two very nice people, who you might know. They are genuine and sweet and innocently funny. But the characters that surround them--their families and friends--are straight-up crazy, funny, flawed, sweet, loving, honest people--just like your aunts, uncles and friends. Pam, Gavin's mom, so mom-ish--loving her prince of a son, sexy with her husband, sometimes trying to be who she isn't, giving and selfish, fussy and warm--is simply funny. Smithy, Gavin's best friend, is somewhat rotund, cutting back on his eating with a 6-pack of chicken, corn on the cob and other sides, at the end of a night of partying; always greets Gavin with a shared hip-hop song and choreography--with Gav's mom and dad joining in when they're around--quite capably, I might add; rolling on the floor in a tussle with his younger sister--another hip-hop master; and, an all-round hysterically funny good guy! Brin, Stacey's uncle is embodied by Rob Brydon, of The Trip...OMG, I adore him... Brin lingers just a minute too long when he hugs Gav, and he is harboring some secret experience...that happened on a fishing trip with his nephew, Stacey's brother...it was very cold on that trip... And, last but certainly not least, Nessa, Stacey's best friend. Nessa is a hearty (like Smithy) Welsh lady, who is completely blunt in her honest, slightly stilted, take on the world. She can assist her bouncer friends at the local night club, and go head-to-head with Smithy on a KFC mega meal, where a butter-dripping ear of corn becomes an unexpected bit of foreplay. The only thing that an American audience might take a bit of getting used to are the British and Welsh accents...but please, give it a minute...the Welsh accents become another great joke. This only negative about this comedy is that there are not 5 more seasons to hang out with these people. This is a great, funny and very warm ensemble show.
on October 13, 2013
Like all the rest of the series, this was a great episode as well. And what's even better is that it's twice as long at an hour long! It captures the spirit of Christmas, while still maintaining the overall comedic integrity of the show. A must see for fans of "Gavin and Stacey"!
on September 27, 2014
I loved this show as broadcasted! My hubby bought me seasons (series, as our cousins across the pond say) 1 and 3 on DVD a few years ago. I have watched this light but emotional show on Roku so I don't have to get up and down changing discs. I warn you that there are some silly moments cut recently, most noticeably where Smithy and his sister rap. Not vital to the story but I love to watch Gavin become annoyed or impatient. That's part of his character we need to see, as far as I am concerned.
I love to watch these on a rainy day or when I need a good laugh. Like a conversation with an old friend, you can count on getting a few good laughs and a warm feeling from Gavin and Stacey. I subtracted a star because Nessa became more surly for no visible reason in season 3. And we never did find out about THE FISHING TRIP.