Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on December 31, 2011
I received this mouse as a Christmas present. As someone who usually buys name brand electronics, I was not expecting anything exceptional. However, upon turning it on and pairing it with my macbook pro, I was very pleasantly surprised. It feels quite good in the hand, although it is a little smaller than I might like (I have big hands, however). The scroll wheel clicks very subtly, just enough to let you know you're scrolling, but not so much as to be heard across the room, as some more cheaply made mice do. The tracking is what I am most impressed with. I have not had a single problem with the tracking - it works with everything I have tried it on: glass, fabric, wood, paper, etc.

I short, this is a great portable sized bluetooth mouse, and very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this to anyone. It looks like GearHead may have a promising future in the competitive electronics market.
on January 26, 2013
Although this mouse is advertised as being designed for Macs, it also works in Windows 8.

Contrary to the instructions given by the User Manual included with the device (and also the feedback of some of the Amazon reviewers for this product), this mouse does NOT require a USB dongle in order to pair with Windows 8.

In order to pair the device with a computer running Windows 8, simply follow these steps. After you have turned the mouse on and clicked the blue 'pair' button on the bottom of the mouse, navigate to 'PC Settings-->Devices-->Add a Device.' Allow the 'New Device' list to populate. 'Bluetooth Optic Mouse' should appear as one of your options. Click to add this as a device. Wait for Windows 8 to identify the mouse and complete the Bluetooth pairing. It should be that simple!

A few quick notes about performance: I really like the 'forward' and 'back' buttons on the mouse for web browsing. After the mouse has been inactive for several seconds, there will be a very slight 'lag' when you move the mouse next. I'm sure that this is part of the integrated 'power saving' circuitry. The accuracy of the mouse seems to depend a bit on how opaque the surface is on which you're working. Glossy wood surfaces seem like they might be slightly 'sloppy.'

Update: After an hour or so of use, my cursor started 'freezing' after the mouse had been sitting still for a few moments. Nothing short of either manually turning the mouse power button off and back on again or going into the Bluetooth device console on my computer and clicking the device name would restore cursor movement.

This problem occurred about a half-dozen times at sporadic intervals before I decided to box the mouse up and return it. I'm not sure whether I simply got a defective unit (perhaps the 'power saving' circuitry wasn't working quite right?) or whether there are unresolved connectivity issues between this mouse and the Bluetooth management system native to Windows 8.
on October 9, 2012
This is a great mouse for the price! The sensor works on many surfaces, including glass desks. It is extremely light, which I find oddly a little more fatiguing than my heavier Logitech Anywhere MX. The scroll wheel is a traditional style click wheel and not capable of Logitech style hyper-scrolling. I've only used it for a few hours, so can't comment on battery life yet. One bummer thing is that I haven't been able to figure out how to pair it to more than one device at a time. This means that it is annoying to switch it between my tablet and laptop since I have to un-pair and re-pair it each time. It feels a little flimsier than the Logitech, but for 1/5 the price I can't complain. All the buttons are usable on Android although not every app recognizes the mouse, at least the browser does seem to handle all the buttons as expected. I was able to pair this with my phone, plug my phone into the TV using an HDMI adapter and then use the mouse across the room as a remote-control. I have not personally tried this mouse on Apple products.

UPDATE 2013-06-20: I have tried this mouse successfully now on several Windows PCs as well as on a Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and a Nexus 10. I only use it occasionally, but the original batteries are still going fine.
on February 7, 2013
Despite the title and other reviews saying this would work, I could not get it to pair with my retina macbook pro. I took it to the genius bar and they could not get it to pair either.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2013
I am giving this mouse 5 stars because it exceeded expectations. After using this mouse for over a month here are my impressions.

Usually, buying an inexpensive, or "cheap" mouse produces bad results but not this mouse. I am going to keep an eye out for other Gear Head products.

I love the shape of the mouse. A good nice fit in the hand, unlike the super tiny mice they make for "on the go". Could easily be used as your main mouse or for your laptop.

It set-up easily, even for my Linux box. Literally 30 seconds and I was using this mouse. With multiple operating systems on one machine, it easily transitions to each one without the need of reconnecting. Wished my bluetooth keyboard would do the same!

Seems like this mouse can take a hit. Opening the packaging I fumbled it and it crashed to the floor. Didn't phase it. Two weeks later my daughter knocked it off the kitchen table at breakfast. The mouse still works great.

Just wanted a simple bluetooth mouse with the basic features of today's mice for a laptop. No complaints.
on November 5, 2013
I was hesitant to get this one after reading that other people had problems getting it to pair with the Macbook Pro. At first I thought they were correct but I figured that you have to hold down the blue button on the bottom instead of just pressing it once. After that it paired right away.

I had also read that the extra buttons do not work. This is also not correct. If you go to the Mission Control preferences, you'll be able to see that you can set up buttons 3 (pressing the mouse wheel), 4 and 5 (the two buttons on the left) to do things like show the desktop, show open apps, show the dashboard and view all current application windows.

The sensitivity is great. I use it while sitting on my couch, using the arm rest as a mousepad and there is very little lag.
on June 11, 2012
When the mouse works, it works great. It's very precise and works well on any surface. Every few days, though, the mouse suddenly loses bluetooth connection, and then spontaneously starts working again after 5 minutes of turning the device off and on again, or trying to reconfigure the bluetooth yet again. I have never had a problem with the bluetooth on my computer with any other device, but this mouse consistently causes problems, and provides no drivers at all, so there is nothing I can do to fix the problem.

I'd avoid this mouse for sure, which is a shame, because it works so well when it works.

Hoping maybe the problem was my computer instead of my mouse, I tried the mouse with a different computer. I still have the same problem where the bluetooth drops and I have to uninstall then reinstall the device to get the mouse to work again.
on March 13, 2012
Works well with ACER W500 tablet which is why I bought it. It compares nicely to MS Bluetooth mouse (5000), I own both and now have decied I prefer this mouse> Wish it was just a little larger, my hads are large and All of the notebook mice seem small after any extended use. Wish the manufactures would bring back normal size Bluetooth nice (ala MS Laser Mouse 8000), but all offer their own "unified" adapters rather than Bluetooth which is pretty standard on all notebooks. I hate to burn a USB port on their stupid unified adapters (Come on MS, Logitech, Kensington...; you all promoted Bluetooth as a unifying standard and after a few years you quietly abandon it....) enough of my rant; the Gear Head mouse works well.
on May 16, 2013
So I've had this for a few weeks, I thought it was trash since I could not connect with anything. Silly me, there is a blue button on the bottom that you need to press and or hold and my computer finally saw it. NO ONE in the reviews has talked about this, BUT if you have a JAIL BROKEN IPAD, and have the BTstack mouse and keyboard installed, this mouse IS compatible! I just got it to work! I had to hold down that stupid button for my ipad to see the mouse.I have a fourth gen ipad and a keningston keyboard and now this mouse. this mouse is a very cheap bluetooth option if you want a mouse for your IPAD. May seem stupid to many but I'm just letting those people who are interested know.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2013
I'm happy that now I have a keyboard and a mouse with my Nook HD+. It gives me cursor, and the scrolling wheel let me surf easier.

Now I wonder what else among those accessories labeled for Mac Book Pro or iPad would pair with my Nook.