Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gear Pro HD 1080P Action Camera Hi-Res Digital Camera/Camcorder with Full HD Video, 12.0 Mega Pixel Camera and 2.4'' Touch Screen (Black Color)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 18, 2014
If you're not interested in wasting $350 and want the same quality product, buy this Gear Pro. I use it on my Streetbike and my ATV helmets and love it, the video is high quality 1080p HD. With my 32Gb Micro sd card I can record up to 7 hours of 30fps HD video. The battery last around 3 hours. It comes with everything you need, a remote, helmet mount, and more. Just purchase a Micro sd card and you'll be recording action in minutes!
on July 23, 2014
I really-REALLY wanted to like this camera (and in some ways I do) but......

Out of the box, the camera battery was fully charged and I was abel to start tinkering with it within minutes of unpacking it. I pulled the remote control out of a clear bag, removed a slit of paper so the battery would make contact and "walla" the remote was turning on and off the camera. The camera told me to install a memory card and I did, and as sat in my kitchen playing with everything, all was fine and dandy and the remote made the camera record video as I tinkered with it prior to placing the camera inside the clear plastic housing.

Here is what I like...
**** My San Disk Ultra mini-card is easy to insert and easy to eject in the GearPro unlike some other small cameras I have. One thing though, there seems to be excessive slop when the card is being inserted (unlike my other stuff that uses mini card) and I suspect the tolerances of the GearPro are not anywhere as close as my my other cameras that use with mini SD cards... Some of my other stuff is difficult to eject the mini-card, but the GearPro is easy.
**** I actually like the clear plastic housing on my GearPro better than my GoPro Hero2. The latching mechanism is easier to lock and close than the GoPro.
**** No real "learning curve" on the GearPro like the GoPro.The GearPro is pretty much a no-brainer and I didn't even look at the manual to start making recordings.
**** The remote that came with the GearPro worked well for me when the camera is not in the clear plastic housing. Once I placed it inside the clear housing the day following me experimentations in my kitchen, the remote was not able to make the camera do anything, even when placed inches away from the camera. I'm not certain if the battery in the remote died or if the remote died, but as I read other reviews here on Amazon, it seems to suggest the remote isn't very reliable and probably just cratered on me.
**** I really like the LCD screen on the back that shows what your framing and composition look like as what the lens is seeing. A screen on a GoPro is an optional purchase.

What I don't like
**** The San DIsk seems to freeze footage and locks momentarily when video is played back. The card I installed is supposed to be fully compatible with the camera, but with this flaw of having unwanted "freeze frames" I'll not be using this camera for anything more than a dash cam. It is worthless for me if I want to make a video that doesn't lock up every 5 or six seconds.
**** The camera is a shiny black material and the gloss surfaces reveals inconsistencies in the plastic housing. This leads me to believe the build-quality is no where even close to my GoPro Hero 2 camera.
**** The GearPro camera is a tad larger than my GoPro and I much better like the smaller size of the GoPro. I believe the GoPro is a more durable camera and makes me think the GearPro is nearly disposable and isn't going to last very long, and in fact, the flap that covers the SD slot pops open and will not stay shut.
**** The rubber flaps that cover the the slot where the mini-card is inserted and on the other side where the USB cord is plugged in, look like they might not stand up more than a month or so. Plan on these covers being torn, damaged or simply falling off much sooner than you might think and you'll probably be forced to put Scotch tape on the slots when the rubber flaps break.
Bottom line, the video quality isn't bad and if it were not for the fact that the video shows freezing about every 6 seconds (sometimes every two second) this could be a good camera for shooting in high-risk situations where you might not like to place your more expensive camera.
on April 9, 2014
I bought this came about 1 month ago and I love that you can switch the frames per second from 30, 60 and I think 120. Great 1080p and you can lower for longer battery. Remember it's a 99 dollar camera it's not a LCD screen it's a panel the way it's says in the description but it' works good. I use it on mountain bike trips every Friday and it last about 2-3 hours. This last trip I had the handle bar mount and took a downhill and hit the camera and it broke off the mount so I went to walmart for a handle bar mount for this other camera and it worked great. I would really buy another one. Also love the wide angle view. I wish the instructions were better with the mounts.
on April 18, 2015
The photo and video quality is terrible, but for how cheap it is I was ready to accept that fact. The SD card slot does not hold the card in properly, so it would no recognize that the SD card was inserted, or it would recognize the card, but lose connection after a little movement. When I went to use it for the first time (besides for the 5 minutes of testing), the software froze. The manual said that there was a reset pin button to push, but the camera I had did not actually have that reset button, so I had to let the battery die to reset it. I returned it after that. I included a photo for quality reference. The video quality was even worse.
review image
on June 24, 2014
I think this is one of the best bang for your buck for action camera. I use this for my Quadcopter and also as a 4th camera for Live broadcast in my church, setup as a stationary un-manned camera, shooting toward the congregation. The quality is very good, comparable to even GoPro Hero Black edition! We shoot and compare it side by side with my friend GoPro, and he agreed. I also have Mobius, which is another very good action camera, under $100.
I posted a video for you to see this camera performance outdoor. For indoor performance, not as good, which I expect.
As you can see, my WLToys V262 4Ch 6-axis quadcopter can carry this camera out to the sky, with no modification to the V262 at all, but I'll write separate review for that :)
on June 23, 2014
I don't know what the other guys were talking about with the negative comments but my gear pro worked fine. It is a every light weight camera, lighter then the go pro hero 3 but bigger. Video quality is great and sound is good also. I ride a motorcycle and the videos came out great day or night. The remote only down fall is that when you power the camera down with the remote you can't turn it back on with the remote you will have to use the power button on the camera but other then that, the remote control works fine with not issues so far. For the money its a really nice camera but I wish it had a mic input connection for an external mic that would have been great but oh well I'm happy with this one.
on February 24, 2015
the action cam is a great price and the battery lasts long. the video resolution is 1080p, but a little grainy. the audio is a little too low to be useful. the accessories are very good, waterproof case, suction cup mount and a bicycle handle mount. the remote control is good. i've used it a lot, in a foreign country, in the ocean, the swimming pools, water parks, strollers, jogging, bicycle helmet, in a crowd, at work, in the snow, and more. so far i love it. i've had it for almost a year and i STILL use it. way cheaper than the main competitor brand and it has a touch screen. i've recommended it to a couple of friends.
on August 19, 2014
I've only used this cam once and it worked great. I don't deserve a Go-Pro yet since I'm not doing enough to warrant it. So this little bargain works great and is weather proof. I'll use this even if I do up-grade. Heck, I'll buy 4 of them and beat them to death for the same price as a Go Pro.Yes the port closures are suspect but that's not vital to the cams exceptional performance ...especially at the bargain price! And it inc. all those attachments! I would've given it 5 stars , but it's my fault that I don't understand AVI. I will update my comments as soon as I take more video and learn how to convert. Help!
on August 11, 2014
Can't beat it for the price. Lots of different mounts so it can be used almost anywhere. Waterproof case is solid. Performance is excellent for the price - can't tell the difference on video quality from the higher end models!
on May 30, 2014
Works great for attaching a camera to robot for the birds eye view from the field and works as good as the hero3 at a cheaper price