5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera
Great camera. For the price it is really decent. Nice, clear pictures and videos. Easy to operate. Short battery life though, otherwise just fine.
Published 5 months ago by P. Stovall

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars -
**Price Changed**
Published 14 months ago by Cappy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars -, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Gear-Pro High-Definition Sport Action Camera, 1080p 720p Wide-Angle Camcorder With 2.0 Touch Screen - SD Card Slot, USB Plug And Mic - All Mounting Gear Included - For Biking, Riding, Racing, Skiing And Water Sports, Etc. - GRAY (Camera)
**Price Changed**
****************
My review is based on this camera being less than about $50. I have seen this item for all sorts of prices. So my rating is based on a sub $50 cost. If you are paying more than $50, then I would suggest you consider other products. This camera is a step above a toy, but not worth more than about $50. Once you go much above $50 you are getting close to the price of some cameras that have better reviews.

***Start Of Main Review***

I would give it 3.5 Stars if I could.

Used it on a bike mount and the results were good enough to share with friends. But on roads with many cracks and tar strips covering the cracks which caused slight but constant vibrations, the camera gets a bit "wavy" and jumpy in playback. On smother roads the results were good to very good. Overall for the price good enough.

I suspect a helmet mount would work better because it would not get the same level of vibration. I will update this review if I remember after using the helmet mount.

Sound in the water proof case is all but muted.

So in short. Good for the price. Ok to records a group ride. But would want somthing better for a once in a lifetime experience.

Will use this on a my daily commute.

Battery - After a full charge the battery ran out of power after 1 hour 21 minutes of recording and about 15 minutes of in camera playback.

**** Update****
When I used the helmet mount there is no issues with Wavy or Jumping recording. Also tested it on smother roads with the bicycle mount.... And again the results were better. A solid 3.5 stars..... Almost but not quite 4 stars.

The bicycle mount fits almost any size bar. In fact it is just a tad too small for my bicycle's stem, so handle bars should not be an issue..... I noticed pictures of some other brands that MIGHT be (or look similar to) the same camera but did not come with the same bicycle mount (based on the photos on Amazon of the other cameras). The bicycle mount that came with the gear pro is very good for on road riding. I did not test it off road.

*** Update Jan 2014***
The camera mount just broke after road riding with it 2 to 3 times a week since around November. (About 15 miles a ride on average)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Pic, bad battery life, May 22, 2014
I used the camera for the first time today. It provides great picture, but for some reason the audio and video are not even with each other. I mounted this to my atv and while im sitting still, you can hear me going through the gears as if I was moving lol. I recorded 30 minutes of video and the battery went dead. I left the camera on charge for 12 hours but I believe it was fully charged in 8 hours. It handles the vibration of the atv very well. Mounted it in the car and took it for a test and for some reason the audio and video was even during the car drive. Still up in the air on weather it was a good purchase or not

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, NOT 1080p, and TAKES MICRO SD CARD, August 14, 2014
This review is mainly written to protect others from purchasing a wrong-sized card for this camera. The camera is completely fine, so far--my only complaint here would be that the camera is much smaller than it looks in the picture, and the touchscreen is only 2 inches measured DIAGONALLY, NOT STRAIGHT ACROSS. I will update this review as soon as I've actually shot video. For now I have to say that this camera takes a MICRO SD card, or a MICRO SDHC card, not a regular size SD card. Some ignorant person(s) wrote in answer to a question about the product that it takes a regular size; it absolutely does not. I wasted good money on a regular size, and was delayed using this camera because of that.

Believe me: THIS CAMERA TAKES A MICRO SD CARD. THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY SO, AND IT IS THE ONLY SIZE THAT WILL FIT.

Also, I need to add that this camera's HD mode is in 720p, not 1080p.

----------- UPDATE ------------------------

Now that I've shot video, I am returning this camera for the following reasons--

1st complaint: the "waterproof" case is not quite waterproof with normal use.

2nd complaint: it does capture 720p, but video is sort of blurry. Maybe this has to do with the fixed focus.

3rd complaint: the audio is often out of sync with the video.

I'd say it's mediocre (at best) for 720p, and the image is pretty grainy, especially in low light. Sure, it's a cheap little camera, but you can get much better image quality for 35 bucks. Finally, you might find it useful to know that this thing records at a mere 19 frames per second--something that can also be far outdone for $35. It would be a crying shame to pay more than $30 for this camera. If you want your camera waterproof, just seal it in a plastic bag, because that'll be more truly waterproof than this cam's case.

Its redeeming quality is that the colors are nice and bright. But that's really about the only great thing.

All things considered, I'm putting this camera down at two stars. And I'm getting an E-Prance g1w dash-cam for $35, advertising 1080p at 30 frames per second. I'll write a review for that camera too, once I get it, and if I want it waterproof I'll just put it in a plastic bag and glue it shut! Yeah! CHEAPSKATE FOREVERRR!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless. Do not waste you money on this product or anything from WSI, November 20, 2013
I just received this camera today. I strapped it to my dog and let him go swimming recorded the whole time but when I went to open the case I found a small amount of water in the "water proof case". also when I went to view the video on my computer only 2 of the 4 videos were on there. maybe the water messed with it. for the cost it is probably worth it.

Update:
I've used it several times now. seems to not be leaking anymore, also I found the problem with the earlier loss of recording. I had it in the wrong mode which put them in a different folder. mounts aren't that sturdy. I've had to super glue them several times. but I still think it is a very good deal for the money. I would recommend to anyone.

Update:

The first one I ordered broke not long after I posted the previous update. the power button broke internally. I ordered another one thinking it was just a fluke. sure enough that one was broke upon opening the box. my recommendation is to save your money. don't waste your time. this thing is a pile of you know what. and the company that is selling them offers no exchange placing the entire burden on amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, August 23, 2014
P. Stovall "lette" (Lawrenceville, NJ United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars not the other one, January 24, 2014
i bought it as a gift and they love it! it is a lot cheaper than the other one and as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars And an all around great product worth the money, August 7, 2014
Very fast shipping! And an all around great product worth the money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont Use Diving, Ok Video, Get a GoPro instead., December 2, 2013
In case you didnt realize, this is a cheap GoPro knockoff. I bought this before sucking it up and buying a real GoPro.
I used this diving in about 60ft of water in the Gulf of Mexico and it was terrible. I couldnt hear anything at all with the waterproof case attached and there was water inside the case when I surfaced. It didnt mess up the camera, but the water was still there. The video underwater was not that bad actually.
The controls are really annoying and hard to understand. You really have to do some trial-and-error before you actually know what you're doing.
The overall build quality is terrible. I had a mount break from a simple bump to a wall when I was wearing it on my head. The buttons are very cheaply made and seem like they could break at any second.
I would suggest buying an Older GoPro instead of this thing. At least you know it will last a long time then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great just as described and great price!!, June 24, 2014
works great just as described a lot cheaper than the name brand one. Glad I made this purchase. I saved about 300.00 for the same thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money and now we are stuck with it., May 5, 2014
This was a Christmas gift to my son. We didn't get to testing it right away unfortunately. He "charged" it overnight so he could use it to film his dad at a Mud run but no charge was in the camera. We assumed we did something wrong and It was filed away under the "we really gotta figure out how to use that thing," category. Fast forward a few months and we are doing the R.O.C. race as a family and he really wants to film it. So we pull out all the stuff, manual, etc. and get down to business trying to figure out how to charge it. We follow directions and, lo and behold, the same problem. Little sucker won't charge. Well, now we know it's not us, but the window to return it expired months ago. Stupid us for not thoroughly checking out this product right away. $80 flushed down the toilet. Don't buy this piece of junk :(

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›