Published on October 9, 2008 by Frank D. Kalisz

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for the 2010 Camry
Published on August 12, 2011 by Anhkha Nguyen

5.0 out of 5 stars This is essential if you want to change oil on your own Toyota 3.5L, October 9, 2008
This review is from: GearWrench Tools 3253 End Cap Oil Filter Wrench (Tools & Home Improvement)
Filter cartridge on Toyota 3.5liter 6cyl engine requires a cap wrench to replace the oil filter. I have two cars with this engine ('08 Toyota Avalon & '08 Toyota RAV4) and I have gone thru 4 locally purchased cap wrenches to do 7 oil changes. Some failed because the poorly spot-welded rachet wrench attachment shears off, and others had a problem where the socket cup slips because it is a little bit too big for the filter cartridge. This new socket wrench is tight on the cartridge and all connections are very solid - it's a good quality tool and I highly recommend it. Don't waste your time and money getting any of those other cheap Chinese-made sockets at local auto parts stores.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for the 2010 Camry, August 12, 2011
I've done many oil changes before, but I did my first oil change for my 2010 camry 2.5L today and using an oil filter wrench. I read reviews on amazon about KD tools 3253 filter wrench cap and became very skeptical. some people say it didnt fit and some say welding was bad. I want to confirm with those people who claimed it didnt fit, IT DOES NOT FIT. it has 14 flute(flat sides) like the Assenmacher toy 640, but it probably is a millimeter too small even though it says it's 65mm. Also i am confirming that the welding is not bad if the filter was torqued appropiately.

Being skeptical, I ordered the Assenmacher TOY 640 along with this KD Tools 3253. I am very glad i ordered the toy 640 because it did the job. i will review it on its page.

4.0 out of 5 stars oil wrench end cap 3253 review, July 2, 2009
I just receive this very same wrench for my 2009 Camry V-6. Had no problem with removing the cap for the first time. The size of the wrench is 65MM. If you went with a 64MM it would also fit. A 65MM gives you a little play in it. I can say its was build & should last the life of the car. I also have a 2009 Rav-4 ( 2.4 engine ) & it will also do that filter cap. Thanks to these reviews from this site. It will save you all time & money in knowing what fits what. So, buy this one here & you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact fit for 2007 Toyota Sienna, January 4, 2008
This item fits perfectly on the cartridge filter housing of my 2007 Toyota Sienna...
However the item's photo shown is wrong... This wrench is for 65mm only, and so is not as long as the one pictured. (i.e. no other mm dimension supported -this is a good thing because it would not work as pictured.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on 2009/2010 1.8L Corolla, May 29, 2011
Reading some of the other reviews, there may be some confusion as to whether this will work on the oil cartridge for the 2009/2010 1.8L Toyota Corolla. I just received this from Amazon and was finally able to change my oil. This works very well. It fits snugly and does not slip. And it sure costs a lot less than the one that Toyota wants to sell you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product!, March 29, 2008
M. Vasquez (Miami, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
I highly recommend this product! It is made with quality craftsmanship. I especially recommend it for any 07 - 08 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 owners. This tools fits perfectly on the canister cover and will not slip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice tool but picture & description is not totally accurate, June 29, 2009
This tool is zinc plated steel (not polished stainless as stated in product description). 1 inch Hex with 3/8 inch drive opening is spot welded on very solidly (not square as shown in picture) . Some sharp casting flash on inside of 3/8 opening was simple to file out. Tool worked perfectly on 2010 Toyota Corolla.

Reccommend this tool and would have given 5 stars if pictures and description were completely accurate.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not 65mm, July 7, 2010
Based on reviews I expected this to fit my 2007 Sienna. It was too small. I used a micrometer to measure the inside size and got 64.3mm. The packaging says its a 65mm wrench but does not mention toyota. KD Tools needs better quality control to insure what is sells is what is advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid filter wrench, March 7, 2009
This is a solid no nonsense oil filter wrench- fits 3/8" drive tools. No nonsense, cheap price, works well. Replaced a crap tool I bought from Pep-boys.

update:

I used it to remove the OEM filter cap (reusable- these use replaceable filter cores) on my 2008 Toyota Tundra, and it works GREAT. Locks on solid, no issues at all- can't ask for a SINGLE THING more from this tool. If it worked any better it would fix me lunch.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke during first use, September 24, 2012
Do not buy this product!! It broke during the first use. The part that connects to the socket wrench snapped off while I was attempting to remove my oil filter.

GearWrench Tools 3253 End Cap Oil Filter Wrench