Gears of War 2 Amazon.com Exclusive Lancer - Xbox 360
- 36" Long, 10" Tall, about 13 pounds, and constructed from "weapons grade" plastic
- Side Handle Folds In & Out and Slides Back & Forth
- Trigger Activates Motorized "Chainsaw" Sound and Vibration Feature, and Removable Clip
- Created from the actual 3D data used in the Gears of War 2 videogame
- Powered by 3 "C" Batteries (not included)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Appearance: While the blood is nicely applied, it does nothing for the look of the gun. All the right levers and triggers are there, but they do nothing. And despite claims to the contrary on the product's description, this is not the Lancer used in GOW2, but GOW1 (shorter barrel), which makes me wonder if it wasn't a delayed tie-in with the original game.
2. Functionality: Here is where this gun really falls on its face. For almost $150, this gun does ALMOST NOTHING. Heck, if you don't know how to wedge a piece of metal between the uppermost battery and the battery terminal (small coin, paper clip, bit of tinfoil, whatever works), it DOES do nothing. The chainsaw noise sounds like it came off of a $3 toy in the 80s, and the vibration is even less convincing. With the price tag on this joker, they could've at least included an assault rifle sound effect (they used the assault rifle trigger for the saw for some reason). Heck, for that price, they could've lit the blue lights all over the gun, as well as the sights, and made some of the levers move, even if they didn't do anything. As it is, this thing's a very big, very pretty motorized paperweight, however well the fake blood is applied.
Also, that's not weapons-grade plastic. That's thick, cheap toy plastic. Nice to see that NECA is willing to cut corners on their contracts. The plastic hindsight also is slightly cloudy and often badly scratched on the examples I've seen, another trademark of poor-quality plastic. Not that it matters, since this gun doesn't even make a 'bang-bang' noise.
The extractable magazine's ease of release varies by the gun.Read more ›
|Length: 1:28 Mins|
So to review again CRAP CRAP CRAP
I got mine the day after receiving the game, and right off the bat it didn't work. The fix described did the trick, at least (I used a penny, which was pretty easy to get into place), but I've noticed from looking at other examples of the gun that there are a lot of blemishes, such as poorly aligned and glued parts. The biggest disappointment, however, is the fact that the item only has one true action feature, the rather unconvincing "chainsaw noise" and vibration (the handful of moving parts and the removable magazine are to be expected in a full-scale collectible of this size and price, at the very least). NECA could've added a sound and vibration effect for the assault rifle firing, and also lit the illuminated sights and body lights. They chose to do none of these things, a severe disappointment in a collectible that costs at least twice as much as the deluxe version of the game. Then again, what is really to be expected from a company whose action figure version of Baird cannot be posed in any manner that doesn't involve looking like he is in dire need of a bathroom?
Of lesser note, the model is of the original Lancer, not the GoW 2 Lancer. The second Lancer has a longer barrel that protrudes past the tip of the saw, whereas the original's barrel was just slightly shorter than the saw (See? Told you I was a GoW geek).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this a few years ago and it's still one of the coolest things I own. It's currently mounted on my wall, occasionally joins me at comic conventions and always turns heads. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Stephanie Romeros
This thing sucks nothing works you have to wedge tinfoil in the battery slot to have noise I doesn't have a bang bang sound it should at least shoot airport or need the vibration... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Logan bales
rattle rattle rattle rattle... it's all i hear when i turn it over or lift it. A few of my buddies and I attempted to take it apart to fix the rattle but to no avail. Read morePublished on February 12, 2014 by Jonathan Basulto
This was the only thing my youngest son ( age 17 ) asked for as his Christmas gift. It was selling everywhere else for $500 + in used and broken condition. Read morePublished on January 12, 2014 by AbbyNormal
Bought the lancer for my son and he absolutely loves it. It is indeed full size and heavier than I expected, seems well made and is quite realistic looking. Read morePublished on January 7, 2014 by Adam J. Lea
The problem I think is two fold:
1. The advertisers should have used the prop weapon not real.
2. Read more
I got this when Gears of War 2 first came out through Amazon and its still just as amazing to have now as it was to get it then! Read morePublished on March 30, 2013 by Alexis Colon-Sanchez