Gears of War - PC
|Price:||$74.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Gears of War's story plays out like a Hollywood blockbuster
- Unreal Engine 3 technology brings out the smallest details in the largest of battles
- To survive you must suppress your enemy, take cover, and use weapons and teammates to outlast the Locust Horde
- Gears of War for Windows features original content and all-new achievements to unlock
- LIVE supports online matchmaking for Gold members
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
But it's not. Saved games disappear. The save system is not only an offensively straight port of the console check-point system, but you have to create a Windows Live account to save your progress at all. What? Why? Don't answer that. I know why, and it has nothing to do with the gameplay experience.
I knew there was no quicksave feature when I bought the game, but I didn't know that the game would routinely lose all of my saved progress and achievements. There's a 40 page thread on Epic Games forums about this problem that's been around since the PC version's release in November. If there has been an official response from Epic or Microsoft I haven't been able to find it. That is too long for a massive problem like that to go unacknowledged and unresolved. Unless you have the time to finish the game in one sitting, don't buy this game until they fix the vanishing save games. Go play Half-Life 2, Bioshock, or some other game with a quicksave feature instead.
Common, next time test the game before releasing! Or release it as beta.
Anyway, I've had so much expectation for this game. It took about 1 hour for me to install the game, but it wasn't a big problem for me. The problem started when I started playing it. The game crashed every 5 ~ 10 minutes and therefore impossible to progress. I searched for solution by googling and solved the problem by running the game "as administrater." But that wasn't all. I got to Act 3 of 5 after playing a few hours. The next day, I pressed "continue campaign" but it told me that there was no saved games. I was shocked and pissed. Indeed, it was painful to start all over again. I tried to find solutions online but still no luck.. This game could have been a great action-filled shooting game, but those critical flaws killed it. I recommend getting xbox version, or other better FPS games such as Call of Duty 4, etc.
1) Installation may take 2 hours or more. Something in the system (signs point to DRM) throttles back installation of the product. I have no idea why it does this, but I've witnessed it on more than one machine. This same issue may be what causes the game to take 2-3 minutes to launch every time I go to run it.
2) After installtion, the game will not be able to launch without patching. It will accuse you of having tampered with the code and tell you to re-install the game. Don't bother reinstalling, because that won't change anything. Instead you have to patch the game. There was a server certificate issue that Epic/Microsoft fixed after it broke a lot of users' installations. The workaround involved moving your PC's calendar to a date/time before the problem (which, by the way, can cause other bad things to happen with other programs). I ended up rolling my clock back, patching, then rolling forward and rebooting to properly get the job done.
3) And speaking of patches...the patcher will often crash. Thankfully, it finishes the job before dropping dead; the last patch crash I witnessed appears to be the patcher attempting (and failing) to launch the game for you.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Game came modded, so it instantly locked up and I was unable to ever use itPublished 7 months ago by Ellis darling
I had to have this only due to I'm an old school gamer I just wish Microsoft would have updated the driver to work on the new windows 64bit systems. Read morePublished 11 months ago by KENANTHONYREPAIR
I sold my Xbox but still liked playing this game once a while and am so glad these are available. Amazing game with amazing graphics. Worth playing over and over again.Published 11 months ago by G. Kenar
Greatly satisfied! This game may be old but still runs perfectly fine on Windows 7. If only there was more people online!Published 11 months ago by Allen Segovia