Customer Discussions > Gears Of War - Xbox 360 forum

Gears of War 2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2007 4:29:06 PM PDT
eternal now says:
While I am still massively enjoying Gears of War Multiplayer ( I am hopelessly addicted to it!), I am looking forward to Gears of War 2. Why? Because there are things I believe that they could improve on. First of all, true matchmaking settings (where you would only play those that are either as good/bad as you are). It would make for more balanced game play (though playing people better than you is fun because you can learn a lot, while playing people worse than you is great to offset all the losses you will incur from people who are better than you)
Second: Destructible environments/cover. I think this would add more challenge to the campaign and multiplayer games, not to mention it would be awesome to be able to blow the crap out of buildings with the boom shot, and whittle away sandbag cover!
Third: Bigger team matches. How awesome would it be to have 8 v 8, 16 v 16, 32 v 32!?!?! I think that would be awesome! Of course that would mean bigger maps, which would mean that they would probably have to have maps designed for smaller teams and maps designed for bigger teams, but who knows?
Fourth: Vehicles - however maybe not. Its really hard to say if Gears of War Mutliplayer would benefit from vehicles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2007 2:59:39 PM PDT
J. Levy says:
I love GOW, and I can't imagine they would be dumb enough to not cash in on a sequel. I completely agree on the destructable cover factor, that would add alot to the gameplay, but I don't know how realistic it would be to have more than 8 on 8 multiplayer. It seems like the bandwith needed would exclude a lot of players. I would really like to see an small map added to the hud that shows the position of your teammates on the map. pressing the y button and guessing annoys me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2007 11:56:32 AM PDT
Gears of War is planned as a trilogy, and is supposed to stagger-release...part 2 in 2008 and part 3 in 2010.
I'm with the OP, I have several games for my 360, but I'm always staying up until the wee hours playing Gears online. I love the multiplayer setup the way it is...the rounds don't take forever and since you don't respawn, you're not sitting around a long time waiting for the next round. I would probably like to see up to 8 on 8, like Levy says, but more would just be too confusing. Sometimes it's hard now to tell COG from Locust with just 4 on 4. I would like to see multi-level maps...spiral staircases, catwalks, etc. Also, have maps designed for specific weapons, like a level with perches for snipers. And please, tone down the distance of the sniper melee and host shotty!!
Not sure how drivable vehicles would work, there would have to be a weapon that blows up vehicles like a super-boomshot.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 21, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears Of War - Xbox 360
Gears Of War - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (571)