5.0 out of 5 stars Suction Cup Camera Mount by Delkin Devices. Sold by ADORAMA
Durability:
I gave the durability 5 stars because it is VERY, VERY durable. And although it IS plastic, it is designed to last forever. The reason it is made out of plastic is because if it were made out of anything heavier, your camera would have to be lighter to compensate for the suction cup's hold.
All the knobs for tightening are also durable and I don't...
Published on March 21, 2010 by Novella, N.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good design/concept, but not very suitable for motorsports
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:18 Mins
Published on July 10, 2011 by A. User

5.0 out of 5 stars Suction Cup Camera Mount by Delkin Devices. Sold by ADORAMA, March 21, 2010
Durability:
All the knobs for tightening are also durable and I don't ever worry about tightening one too tight.
*****(five starts for durability)

Suction:
I gave the suction five stars because it definitely does its job.
I would trust my camera on it even on the outside of a car on the freeway.
When I first got it, I tested it on the glass face of my oven.
I then pulled on it to see how much it could handle and surprisingly, it opened my oven!!
(my oven is semi-jammed, so you have to pull with some force!!)
*****(five stars for suction)

Range:
I gave range five stars because this device can give you any angle you can think of.
However, at first, I thought it was missing a certain range of motion and when I realized it was just the way you put the suction cup on, I felt stupid.
Once I figured that out, I tested many ranges and configurations, and I still feel like there are more ways I have NEVER even tried before!!
Cool Camera Mount huh?
*****(five stars for range)

Overall Product:
I gave the overall product five stars because I couldn't be happier with it!
There is nothing it is missing and speaking of nothing missing, it even came with a little allen wrench to attach the arm extension!!
I am proud of my new suction cup mount and I'm sure it will outlast me!
*****(five stars for the overall product)

5.0 out of 5 stars So good for small price, June 8, 2010
Kikujiro (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:41 Mins

I just received my Delkin Camera Mount today. This video is the test I did with my Sony HDR-CX7 HD Handycam in the afternoon. It is very easy to use. The suction cup holds very tight even outside the car. I moved it to 8 positions around the car. The shooting was done in less than an hour.

I first though of using the suction cup from my GPS to hold my handycam before, but it would be no way steady as a dedicate device, so I did some research and found this low price camera mount. It comes with Height Extender, which in this video, I didn't have to use it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome mount, September 22, 2010
Length:: 0:56 Mins

I use this mount for Autocross and so far have had this thing stuck all over the car. fenders, doors, trunk, hood, windscreen... anywhere with a flat surface. This suction is so powerful I'm more worried about bumping into it and denting the panel than I am it ever falling off. Great construction, good and sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera Mount For Car!, February 9, 2010
This review is from: Fat Gecko Mini Camera and Camcorder Mount (Camera)
I received this three days ago and tried it out today. I set it up on the inside of the front windshield of my car,along with my Camcorder(had to use the extention also)and took my half hour drive to work. This mount just stayed solid on the windshield and held the camcorder very stable. When I got to work it was a little early so I checked out the video and it was awesome! Very well made and you can point your device on several angles, also the suction cup is very strong. I would recommend this mount to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good design/concept, but not very suitable for motorsports, July 10, 2011
Length:: 0:18 Mins

After seeing a few reviews with this camera being used to film from a vehicle, I thought that this might be a nice compact mounting solution for my Kodak Zi8 camera. In many ways, this is an excellent camera mount and generally speaking the build-quality is very good. However, the base of the mount is the weak link. The ball-mount, the extension arm, and the suction cup are all sturdy and surprisingly rigid, but the base flexes where the arm attaches. This lends itself to some very shaky vibration (which is amplified when the extension is being used) for the camera. I have a GoPro suction cup mount which uses the same suction cup base (same patent number and marking IDs), and strangely enough the base on that unit is noticeably more sturdy. So this might just be an issue with quality control or manufacturing tolerances. I will probably swap the suction cup base from the GoPro mount onto this one and hopefully it will improve recording quality a bit, but the issue with the original mount still stands.

With a very cushy suspension and on very smooth roads this might work wonderfully, but on the rough roads around Houston TX with a moderately firm suspension, the excessive shaking/vibrating makes footage completely unusable. The attached video is from a recent drive around Houston at low speeds with the camera attached to the inside of the windshield with the Delkin Mini Fat Gecko mount (with the included extension installed). Footage from the highway was basically a psychedelic blur of out-of-focus color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Autocross, August 25, 2011
Length:: 1:39 Mins

I use this to mount my camera to my windshield during Autocross. Pulling close to 1G turns I've never once worried about my $400 camera I have attached to it. Given four of these, I think you could scale a building. It worked so well, I ended up buying a second once, along with TCPH: iPhone/HTC/Samsung/Motorola Andriod Smartphone to Camera Tripod Adapter (Mount your camera phone to existing tripod) for a nice windshield mount for my cellphone.

My only complaint is its range of movement. Especially when working on the lower part of the windshield close to the dash, its hard to get it in the right place sometimes. It has a ball joint on the end right where the camera mounts. It would be nice to have another ball joint near the base of the arm, instead of just a hinge that has a little less than 180 degrees of motion.

The video was shot with a Canon SX200 IS, which weighs about half a pound. As you can see, the Fat Gecko held on tight. If I had a more durable camera, I would definitely feel comfortable mounting this to the outside of the vehicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little gadget!, December 1, 2010
This review is from: Fat Gecko Mini Camera and Camcorder Mount (Camera)
I started riding motorcycles about a year ago. And because I was travelling to all kinds of places I didn't before, I wanted to capture the memories on video. So I had 3 options: put a camera in my helmet, get a Go Pro, or get something to attach my camera to the bike. I tried putting the camera in the helmet. The footage was great and I could talk into the camera mic, but I didn't like how the camera blocked some of my vision. Next was the Go Pro. Great little device. I just didn't want to spend $150 on a camera when I already had a perfectly good one. So, I looked into camera mounts and found the Fat Gecko Mini.

I've had the mount for about six months. I've ridden about 6,000 miles with the mount on the bike (ZX-6R). Some rides lasted 8+ hours. I've taken it to the track 3 times. And I have done 145 mph with the camera mounted. Not once has the mount fell off, felt loose, or became unstable. It is an amazing little thing.

For most of my rides, I placed the mount on my tank behind the windscreen. I really wanted to place it on the front of the bike or the side. But honestly, I thought that it would get pulled off by the wind. About 2 weeks ago, I find got the courage to place it on the front of the bike, with no wind protection. It performed flawlessly! The ride lasted for 7 hours. I didn't take it off the entire time. I can't tell you how nervous I was for the first hour of the ride. After that, I didn't even think about it.

My only negative comment about the mount is the extension. I can not use it on the motorcycle. There is just too much vibration from the road. If it were on a non-moving surface or inside of a vehicle, I have no doubt that there would be very little vibration in the camera footage.

Any hand-held camera which can attach to a tripod (most cameras) can be mounted on the Fat Gecko Mini. I wouldn't put a camcorder or camera over 2 pounds on it when mounting on the outside of a vehicle. That's just asking for trouble. But everything else, go for it! So save some money and get one. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great autox camera mount, June 24, 2010
Length:: 0:50 Mins

I bought this mount to record in car videos of autocross events. I have a glass wind deflector in the back of my convertible and the mount worked great. After making a couple of runs with the camera mounted inside the car I was very comfortable mounting it on the windshield to get an over the hood view. The suction is great and the mount is very stable even during high speed driving as you can see in the video.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool product but didn't hold up to prolonged usage, April 26, 2010
I bought the fat gecko to attach my Nikon D90 to the front windshield of my car for a 5 day cross country drive. I had the unit mounted to the windshield with the camera on it for around 8 to 10 hours each day. By the end of the 3rd day the ball joint closest to the suction cups was starting to show some give and would slowly move out of position despite being tightened as tight as I could manage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Bad Product But..., August 25, 2010
Just received it today. This product is made of 3 sections. The suction Cups and then two handles that tighten the suction cup and then the arm and camera mount.
White the suction cup arm and camera mount are good. Tried mounting a Sony U1 on several surfaces, glass elevator walls and ceiling, marble and it performed well the knobs that are used to secure the suction cups are made of very poor plastic and literally broke on my first attempt to tighten them, which is of course very frustrating.

Fat Gecko Mini Camera and Camcorder Mount