Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gem Sound DJ-USB Belt-Drive USB Turntable with Bias Soundsoap SE and Audacity Software
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2008
Just recently purchased the GemSound DJ USB. I am a bedroom DJ.I own A LOT of records and planning to digitize all of them. I use mac. The software "audacity" program works well with the turntable but the "soundsoap se" CD does not have a copy for the mac. You can just download the latest versions via internet for soundsoap se you can use the license number on the cd.

The turntable itself has sturdy design, with 33 1/3, 45, and 78 speed selection with included pitch control. You can also play your records in reverse-awesome! It does not have INPUT JACKS (RCA OR 1/4") for connecting external devices for instace- a TAPE PLAYER!!! So you can digitize your tapes too. It also needs a HARD COVER lid for protection, storage and dust.
on January 13, 2008
Got this for my wife, opened the box and was very pleased with the styling. After finally finding the belt (thanks Steve Majors) I set it up, hooked it up to the computer and downloaded the Audacity software. Within 15 minutes I was listening to LPs that would have cost thousands of dollars to replace as CDs. The only thing keeping this from 5***** for me is the lack of documentation in the User Manual, lack of website assistance and the absence of a dustcover(this really hurts in my house...lol). Overall a good product.
on March 20, 2009
For the price it does play records and sends it to the computer via USB.
The alternate aux input jack, where you can plug in a tape deck, receiver or whatever, does not send sound through to the computer well (loud distorted noise) and has been so far unusable.
It is a basic record player and it does connect via USB, so it's doing what it's supposed to do.
on January 25, 2008
This turntable works extreamly easy. It produces nice sound. The only consern is the soft wear that acompanys it is dificult to understand and use. I have yet to make it work, but will continue trying.
on January 28, 2008
I was thrilled to get this for Christmas and finally be able to enjoy all my old vinyl again, but after a month I still can't figure out the software and calls to Gemsound's tech support have not been helpful. I have managed to get harsh static (after some effort) but no music at all. It's a great idea but it simply does not work.
on April 13, 2008
The Gem Sound DJ-USB Turntable is a well-constructed and impressive turntable. The instructions accompanying it are minimal and disappointing. If you don't know how to assemble a turntable and mount and balance a tone-arm you will learn by yourself. The turntable itself is excellent. It has several features, such as, reverse, pause, and speed reduction/increase that are quite useful. I have found that I cannot get sound to feed through my computer when feeding a signal into my USB port. Therefore, I have little good to say about it in recording albums into my computer for making CD's. In essence, when the turntable is connected to my laptop computer it shuts off the internal computer speakers. Since, I cannot hear what is playing it is difficult to stop the recordings at the corect time. I have contacted the manufacture and received no response. All in all it is a great general turntable If anyone has any ideas how to solve my sound problem I would like to hear them.
on May 18, 2008
The Audacity software doesn't work. The software will not save the project as an aup or wav file file.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse