4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for the price
I wanted to convert my old LP's to MP3's and this seemed to be a good way to do it. I'm not an audiophile or electronic whiz kid so I wasn't concerned with getting the world's greatest audio performance but wanted something decent and easy to use.

This turntable seemed to be a reasonable price and had as many or more features as comparable products on Amazon...
Published on November 26, 2007 by Enginerd

3.0 out of 5 stars Software and sound issues....
The mention of a lack of operating instructions is minimal to me. I was able to get the turntable set up quickly. What I require is some tech support to get software to operate. I have yet to get this thing to make a audible noise. I can see that the Audacity window is working as the meter bars are moving while I play a record.

Going to my computer's control...
Published on December 29, 2007 by Mark F. Kaupe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Performance (once you find the belt), January 13, 2008
L. Crawford (Port Jervis, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gem Sound DJ-USB Belt-Drive USB Turntable with Bias Soundsoap SE and Audacity Software (Electronics)
Got this for my wife, opened the box and was very pleased with the styling. After finally finding the belt (thanks Steve Majors) I set it up, hooked it up to the computer and downloaded the Audacity software. Within 15 minutes I was listening to LPs that would have cost thousands of dollars to replace as CDs. The only thing keeping this from 5***** for me is the lack of documentation in the User Manual, lack of website assistance and the absence of a dustcover(this really hurts in my house...lol). Overall a good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gem, March 20, 2009
For the price it does play records and sends it to the computer via USB.
The alternate aux input jack, where you can plug in a tape deck, receiver or whatever, does not send sound through to the computer well (loud distorted noise) and has been so far unusable.
It is a basic record player and it does connect via USB, so it's doing what it's supposed to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Turntable with Audio recording software, October 27, 2012
The purchase was a joke on me. The turntable turns and thats about as far as it went. The cartridge came without a needle and the software SOUNDSOAP for the MAC was obviously not for the MAC and would not install no matter what I did. AUDACITY did not come with it but I have sinc downloaded it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A timely turntable review, January 25, 2008
This turntable works extreamly easy. It produces nice sound. The only consern is the soft wear that acompanys it is dificult to understand and use. I have yet to make it work, but will continue trying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great turntable, but doesn't work, January 28, 2008
Vinyl Bob (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I was thrilled to get this for Christmas and finally be able to enjoy all my old vinyl again, but after a month I still can't figure out the software and calls to Gemsound's tech support have not been helpful. I have managed to get harsh static (after some effort) but no music at all. It's a great idea but it simply does not work.

4.0 out of 5 stars DJ-USB Turntable, April 13, 2008
The Gem Sound DJ-USB Turntable is a well-constructed and impressive turntable. The instructions accompanying it are minimal and disappointing. If you don't know how to assemble a turntable and mount and balance a tone-arm you will learn by yourself. The turntable itself is excellent. It has several features, such as, reverse, pause, and speed reduction/increase that are quite useful. I have found that I cannot get sound to feed through my computer when feeding a signal into my USB port. Therefore, I have little good to say about it in recording albums into my computer for making CD's. In essence, when the turntable is connected to my laptop computer it shuts off the internal computer speakers. Since, I cannot hear what is playing it is difficult to stop the recordings at the corect time. I have contacted the manufacture and received no response. All in all it is a great general turntable If anyone has any ideas how to solve my sound problem I would like to hear them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs reliable software, May 18, 2008
The Audacity software doesn't work. The software will not save the project as an aup or wav file file.