Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gemini DJ CDMP - 2700 Multi - Disc DJ CD Player
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 6, 2012
I purchased this CD player from amazon as a backup for my main system. I've only used it as a CD player on the job (I have not used the card feature). Works great as a cd player. Good sound. I have not been able to play more than one track at a time i.e. no poppin in the CD and letting it play. Your glued to the player to start each track. I'm using it as backup for my denon mc-6000 and mac/pc laptops. I have just started exploring the features. Very simple CD player though it may seem rich in features. In my opinion its not. I have yet to use the touch screen other than to play around with filters. The track display is very easy to read. My previous backup cd/mixer was a numark mixdeck. I carry a rack around now so the mixdeck is another space/time hog.

I think that I might have been able to get a better deal with lower priced decks fro what I need. The features on this one, at least for me, arent all that critical. I'm not planning to mix from this deck.

It did save me on a recent job though. I was able to play a wedding fully from a few mp3 cd's using this deck. I had accidentally switched the pc to mac switch on my mc-6000 killing my pc traktor set. The folks were dancing so I couldnt reboot or I'd kill the vibe. I Used the CD/mp3 player on the 2700 to finish the night.

Bottom Line: Lots of features. Some usable for me a mobile DJ. I'd say a very pricey for a rackmount CD player with the usable features. Good sound. Jog wheels are amazingly responsive. Touch sensitive platers. Poor instructions. Traktor tsi available on website. Could not play multiple tracks from a single CD consecutively. (Believe me I searched for a way to let my cds run on there own. nope.). Fairly quick load times for both cds and mp3 cd's. About 3-10 seconds. Very low profile my rack system. CD loader 1U, player 2U. Display is easy to read at different angles and in high lighting conditions.

I'll let you folks know how it goes in the next few months. AND thank you all for posting reviews. Makes buying sooo much better!!!

Chris
on January 22, 2013
This product is a perfect combination for seasoned mobile DJ's. There is nothing like it on the market that can read a CD, CDR, MP3's on CD, 32gigs of (2) SD mp3's, accept 2 USB thumb drives, and control your DJ software on Laptop. The closest thing is the Pioneer MEP-7000, but this unit is more flexible - unlike the Pioneer, you can select disc/SD/USB/PC INDEPENDENTLY per side: so you can be playing a cd on the left player, and your right side player of Virtual DJ on the right player. Its the perfect thing for a mobile DJ who has a lot of CDs, or clients who bring CDs, yet who also has a laptopn with some songs, and songs on SD or thumb drive. Although a bit hard to see at outdoor events (cup your hands - im told its as bright as is can be turned up), the touchscreen is the most advanced thing available on the market - if you want to jump back a couple minutes in a song if you want to keep the song going, just tap the red progress bar, and its instant! And its slot-load, and the transport is one of the only ones in the world that it 1 space tall!!!
Because the mobile/wedding oriented 19" 2700 shares so much with the tabletop/club units, there are a couple things i would ask be tweaked - like make a way to hide the echo/wah-wah/"bubble" "FX" icons that are on screen, and incrwase the area and reduce the type size to show more songs! - Much more helpful when trying to search quick. Seeing 2 songs at a time when theres so much unused srceen area is an important request. There are a couple of times it "thinks" - seems very picky about CD condition - not as forgiving as other units - i guess it has a more modern, "thinner" laser that doesnt read as well thru the scuffs & grime that happen to us mobile guys. The old Denons & even walkmands would read thru much more - so be ready to re-burn or rip those borderline CD's. And the unit is still improving - little glitches are still being addressed in regular firmware updates. A couple things to improve would be separating the continuous play & single play feature from the auto-cue/non auto cue feature. This was modeled off the Pioneer nits, but the Denons gave this individual control - would be an improvement for sure. Also, and quite inexplicably, unlike almost every other unit on the market....(including their own units!!), when pressing the >> or << key - there is no audio!? when fast-speed fwd or rev scanning -
...you have no way to hear what you are trying to find! - its silent - even tho the red progress bar shows you are progressing. You have to let go and figure out where you are, with no reference point other than a guess according to the red bar. Its easier and faster just to instantly tap the red bar and jump around and guess to find your spot- then switch to vinyl mode to tryto get closer to the spot u want. That really needs to be fixed to an audible-scan like the rest of the world in the next-gen release, along with the option of hiding the rarely-used (wedding-cheezy) fx in favor of showing more useful tracks on the display. The staff are working to keep improving this cutting edge family of units, so I am optimistic.

With that said - this is a very inexpensive unit for the features and technology it brings together. This is truly a breakthrough, and the only one of its kind on the market.
on February 20, 2013
I bought this, looking for another option, rather than using laptops; so far, this works great. I use SD cards for my music, but I also use a CD every now and then, and I like the flexibility of having multiple options. One suggestion, if you need to play the songs continuously, you need to press the "Auto Cue" button to take it out of that mode. Once you do that, you are good to go.