4.0 out of 5 stars Functional fin comb
Published on September 26, 2007 by smc

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money
I purchased the fin comb to remove the hail dents from my AC unit and it didn't work. Not able to adjust it to the size of the fins.
Published on May 1, 2011 by Dirk J. Udee

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional fin comb, September 26, 2007
smc (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
I wanted an inexpensive comb for home and decided to give this a try. This comb does the job well enough once I figured out the best way to use it. Rather than slowly trying to slip it between good fins, I ended up just raking it quickly across the fins and that worked well for me. The comb did it's job and straightened the crushed fins I was working on. I wouldn't call this a professional tool but for the home it works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful in a particular way, May 12, 2007
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
This comb scrapes out the dirt between the fins on a window AC unit incredibly well. It doesn't bend them. It's the perfect tool for the job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as designed, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
I have an 'near" identical item from Home Depot. I read the directions, and found it works if you get the teeth of the comb into a section of good fins just above or below the dent and start combing towards the damage. It works easiest on fins that are just pressed together rather than those that are seriously bent over. The directions I have also show you and slip them behind the dented fins and using it as a lever (use something as a brace that won't damage the fins - a wooden ruler works) pull out the worse dents - I found that does work with some patience. I also found on mine that I pull the adjustment collar all the way back allowing the teeth of the comb spread out to find their 'proper' place inside a good section of the fins before combing towards the damaged section.

Also search youtube for Condenser Fin Comb Training The video shows a different tool you might want to try.

Hope this helps those who are finding it a challenge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, May 1, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Air conditioner fin comb, September 11, 2010
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
I got this for my central air conditioner. It was completely worthless. The comb did not fit into the fins well and did nothing to straighten them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 17, 2012
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
We have a grooming shop which produces lots of airborne hair and dirt, so our air conditioner takes a lot of abuse. This product cleans the inside fins better than anything else we've tried. Easy to use, too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Air Conditioner Fin Comb, July 26, 2011
James A. Coolidge (Lewistown, MT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
I bought this product in order to fix the fins on my air conditioner. It simply doesn't work. No way could myself and others figure out how to use this tool. The more we tried the worse the fins on our air conditioners got. Don't waste your money. The company it's self told me via email that the fins are very thin and hard to work with. That's why I bought their tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 3, 2014
fell apart right away

4.0 out of 5 stars The one to get, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Air Conditioner Fin Comb (Misc.)
The teeth are stainless steel and set right next to each with no spaces if the slide is all the way forward. Pull the slide back and the teeth accomodate various fin spacings. Because the teeth are steel, not plastic, I recommend this tool over most of the other ones I've seen available on line. Don't expect it to do the impossible (straighten an area that badly bent) and you'll like it too.

Air Conditioner Fin Comb