5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy
I ordered this just before winter hit and cleaned off a long past due deck behind my house. It started up easily and had more than enough power to strip off long embedded mold. The engine runs smoothly and a few times started on the first pull even when cold.

Published on January 20, 2012 by Sooner

1.0 out of 5 stars To Be Continued
The pressure washer was delivered with a broken roll-over valve and yes I did inspect the box at the time of delivery. It had no visible damage.

Published 19 months ago by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Generac 6022/5989 2,700 PSI 2.3 GPM 196cc OHV Gas Powered Residential Pressure Washer (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)

The only drawback to this machine is that the hose is rather stiff and connects right by the muffler. The first time I used it, the hose kinked back and against the muffler and melted through, so I had to buy a replacement hose, which is a much better and more flexible hose. I would suggest to Generac that they supply a better hose and also find a way to protect it from the muffler.

Otherwise, a great machine so far. I plan on wearing it out on a bunch of jobs as soon as spring hits!

The seller was really fast in shipping it, and it was in great condition. The price was the best I could find on the internet by a long shot. I'm a happy homesteader.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first pressure washer, July 3, 2011
I bought this pressure washer to clean the siding on my house. It is the first pressure washer I've ever used (much less bought) and I am satisfied. It is well designed and relatively easy to haul around.

One word of caution to new users: Always point the wand into the air when you pull the trigger. The first burst of water comes out strong and can do damage before it settles down.

A tip: To pressure wash a house, you'll probably need to get a "High Pressure Soap Shooter Nozzle". I guess you could get on a ladder to reach the upper parts of your house, but $35 for the nozzle is safer.

Also, The pressure washer has a safety feature that shuts it off when it tilts. Everytime you move it, it shuts down. It restarts easy, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars To Be Continued, April 1, 2013

My first call was to Generac. After sitting on hold for about 20 minutes I spoke to someone who was doing her best to help me. I did not know what the part was, she didn't know what the part was...so I ended up being transferred to parts. Parts didn't know what the part was. I asked for an exploded part diagram (I couldn't find one on their website and the one included with the unit is a generic, poorly detailed, diagram). He pointed me to the website and an absolutely horrible parts diagram that did not depict the broken part. Finally after going back and forth we finally figured out what it was and he gave me a part number....and told me to call customer service back. After sitting on hold for another 20 minutes I ran out of time and patience and hung up. Several days later (today) I called back... after sitting on hold for yet another 15-20 minutes I spoke to a gentleman who didn't seem like he cared nor wanted to help. He then gave me yet another number to call to order the part....where I sat on hold AGAIN. The part will take 7-10 business days to SHIP. Not to arrive. "Ordertree" said this was because they ("ordertree") did not have the part in stock and the warranty would have to be verified by the factory... I thought I was talking to the factory.... and the part would have to be shipped from the factory to them (They are in the same area and possibly in the same building from what I could gather in Wisconsin) and then finally on to the consumer (me).

I am getting very close to dropping this thing off at a dealer and calling American Express so they can deal with it. This is nonsense. My first thought when it came to pressure washers was to go down to my local Lowes and purchase one there... instead I decided to support what I thought was a quality company with a quality product that is built in the United States. Right now I'm regretting my decision.

I will follow up after this has all shaken out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Customer Service, September 13, 2012
Fresh out of the box, the machine leaked gasoline. I called Generac customer service who informed me that I should return the item to Amazon. I alerted them to the fact that since this item has had gasoline in it, it is considered Haz-Mat and can't be returned. I was then referred to local warranty repair. It turns out that the first shop referred to doesn't handle warranties any more. I called Generac and asked to speak with a CS manager. After speaking to her, I was told that a swap in the field would be arranged. 24 hrs. later, having heard nothing, I called twice to Generac only to have to leave a message with my CS manager...no replies.
The problem with this whole process is that none of this has been anticipated by Generac. They sell gas powered machines yet have no comprehensive policy that easily accommodates and compensates a customer who receives a malfunctioning machine straight out of the box. As it stands, it is entirely on me to find the warranty center & transport the machine for the repair. This where service fails and loses customers. Every opportunity to make me whole and thus incentivise further business...and they let it slip.

1.0 out of 5 stars defected product. No one got back to me on replacement, September 23, 2012
I bought it after extensive comparisons. However, I found the product was defected--the handle rack was broken. I tried to contact the customer services. No one replied me. Very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy!!!, October 26, 2011
Unfortunately I ignored the other reviewer who complained about the engine constantly stalling out and thought it was just a fluke so I ordered this pressure washer since it appeared to be a great deal. Believe me, I properly followed all of the instructions, filled the oil to the proper level, had the water on, and was not moving the washer whatsoever and the same thing is happening to me. The engine stalls after two minutes of use. I've tried everything and cannot get it to work. The seller will not accept a return or exchange so now I have to take it into a service technician to have it worked on under warranty. Who knows if they'll cover what they find under warranty and this has now wasted more time than I ever wanted to spend on washing my back deck. On that note, it worked phenomenally during the two minutes it did work in between stalling out.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, March 30, 2013
Hatcole (HATTIESBURG MS) - See all my reviews
Assembled and filled with oil and gas. Attempted to crank and would not start. Removed spark plug to see if it was firing. Even installed new plug, would not crank. Noticed fuel leaking from carburetor on to ground. Loaded it up and took to local service dealer. It will be a week before they can look at it. Will have to wait and see how it performs if we ever get it running. Wish Amazon would allow zero stars. Not good first impression. Chose Generac over off brands thought it would be more reliable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cuts off, June 26, 2011
K. Riley (Andersonville, TN) - See all my reviews
The unit was good for the first hour or two. After that, the unit would shut off. This happened repeatedly over three weekends.

I cannot recommend this unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars good item - for a limited time, September 30, 2012
Have used 3 times. Starts easily. Cleans well. Only problem is that during 2nd and 3rd uses, there was a leak where the hose connects to the pressure washer. Comes out back of connector on power washer so it's not an issue with hose/equipment connection not being tight enough. Fairly minor and does not appear to affect performance.
One odd statement in the users manual -- says hose length shouldn't be over 50 or 75 feet (don't recall which one). How many people have a water connection that close to every place they need or want to use the product? Almost like manufacturer wants to be able to void the warranty. No explanation provided for alleged limitation.

December 2012 update. On about the 6th use (always less than an hour), the pressure hose failed. Hole just appeared about 18 inches from where it connects to pump. Will see what company does. The company could also design the gas cap better.
17 Dec -- company responded promptly to query about replacement and I now have a new hose (not yet used).

May 2013 - am downgrading my view of the product. Just experienced 2nd hose failure. Not sure if it is design, who makes it, both, other?? I keep it stored in the garage and hose isn't stressed so there's something wrong. Also takes longer and longer for pump to build enough pressure. wouldn't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generac 6022 2,700 PSI 2.3 GPM 196cc OHV Gas Powered Pressure Washer, April 22, 2012
First off this is my first pressure washer I have ever purchased in my life, although I have used many other pressure washers, this is by far one of the better ones I have used. I purchased this mainly for seasonal around the house use like decking, siding, driveways and car washes. It has a good amount of water pressure and will strip and dirt and grime that has been long imbedded inside. After my first use, I asked myself why didn't I buy a pressure washer sooner.
I have read some other reviews on this product, some bad but mainly good ones. The design of this Generac pressure washer is nice and good. This pressure washer is easy to use. I agree with everyone else on the amount of oil the pump takes. I filled mine up with about 16oz of the oil provided. I guess its a good thing the pressure washer came with 20oz of oil. My only complaint would be that the soap applicator attachment should have been made of something more durable other then plastic. I made minor upgrades to my pressure washer only for my personal preference. I added a 90 degree to the water hose inlet for easier on and off and I also added a on/off valve to the garden hose for the convenience of easier removal without walking back to and forth to shut the water off. These add-on's work for me.
Overall if you are looking for a gas powered generator that has all the bells and whistles such as soap dispenser, ease of use, small and compact, powerful, and most important of all PRICE. Then this is the pressure washer you want to have.