Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 20, 2013
Excellent introduction to general chemistry! Having taken this course over 10 years ago, this book is an ideal refresher text for re-learning the concepts of chemistry. While the chapters cover the topics in depth, they are easy to follow with plenty of exercises at the end. Answers to every other exercise are availablein the appendix at the end of the book! Would definitely recommend!
on August 26, 2014
Very small textbook compared to my biology books, but it definitely packs a punch. I used this textbook for general chemistry and then again to teach general chemistry as a TA. The book has very good step by step examples of problems and has many many practice problems throughout the chapters and the back of the book. Some sections may be either too in-depth or too surface level for many professor's liking. For example, the chapter or nuclear chemistry was very basic and was of little help for my general chemistry professor's lecture course.
on November 16, 2015
The item was just as described. I bought this book and it had very little writing in it. It did have quite a few post its but I was very happy because they mark the things I needed. So far I have not encountered any missing pages. I'm very satisfied.
on October 26, 2010
This book is very well written, and it was very helpful in chemistry study. I recommend this book for chemistry beginners and more advanced people who really want to study Chemistry. One of the improvements that I would make is the addition of more examples and pictures to each explained concept. Thank you Mr. Chang and Amazon.com.
on October 11, 2011
It's decent, but chapter 4 is a complete mess. There is a lack of continuity and some of the concepts in that chapter just don't flow well into each other.
on May 17, 2012
Incomplete information and only very basic examples are included. Also formulas are indexed incorrectly. Would not recommend this book unless required for a class
on February 8, 2011
Very informative book. Easy to read with clear examples of problems. Book was being sold at my college for $189-new and I bought this one from Amazon for $95-new (still in the plastic). Great deal!!
on January 19, 2015
It was a requirement for school but I found it to be a helpful textbook. I bought this edition instead of the newer one and I never had problems with discrepancies with homework problems either.
on November 7, 2015
Got this book b/c we used it in class. Chemistry does not change so it did the job and was a great supplement to the class when I needed to slow things down and learn more detailed info.
on October 30, 2013
This book helped me a lot. Although it is a later edition for the required class, it was very helpful.

Thank you.