4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster; but not Perfect
Bought this at Wal-Mart for $35. Overall, I'm happy with it's ability to toast bread and its styling. Keep in mind that this unit is fairly powerful and it will take time to learn how to adjust the settings so your food comes out as expected. I like the cancel button and the reheat option. Reheat warms up the kids pop tarts without making them a burn risk.

One...
Published on December 19, 2011 by M. Geragosian

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Going Back
Published on March 5, 2012 by Busy Mom

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster; but not Perfect, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Ge 4-slice Toaster

One sore spot is the outer shell gets very hot and can burn easily.

UPDATE 9 Mar 12: The kids pop-tarts can catch the inner lip of the slot. A minor annoyance since you can jiggle the up/down lever to get it out. And I cannot stress enough that the outer shell, especially the top, gets hot during use. Still, the positives out weigh the negatives. I would buy this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Ge 4-slice Toaster
This is by far the best toaster I've ever had. Being a mother of two little ones this toaster does amazing. Not only does it have a reheat button it also has a frozen option! The outside does get a little too hot but other than that it's amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toaster!, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Ge 4-slice Toaster
This is the best toaster we have ever had since they started putting those stupid hold grates inside. It toasts evenly on ALL sides and on the WHOLE piece of bread! And it doesn't take so long so it doesn't dry out the bread to styrofoam! After buying and returning, swearing or throwing the toasters away, we finally have one that does what it should do! Yes it does take some trials to get the toast the way you want, but so worth it with good end results. We stayed at a motel that had this toaster in their breakfast lounge where it gets used more then it would in a private home. In fact we got one for our son for Christmas!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Going Back, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Ge 4-slice Toaster
I purchased this from Walmart for about $35. I was looking forward to saving some money over the $50+ 4 slice toasters out there and thought it would be convenient since I was already in the store. We took it home, plugged it in and ran it for several cycles as the instructions recommended but the first time I put some Eggo waffles in there I knew it was going back. The waffles didn't fit all the way down into the slot so I could tell it wasn't going to toast correctly. When they were done, one end of the waffle was burnt and the other wasn't hardly toasted at all. To make matters worse, both sides were set at the same toasting level but the right side burned more so the levels weren't the same for each side. It's already packaged back up in the box and ready to go back to the store. I'll probably end up getting the Krups that I should have just gotten in the first place. It's a shame too...b/c it's insane to pay $50 for a toaster...and even then there's no guarantee it'll be any good.

I gave it 2 stars b/c it did actually turn on and toast and it has a nice design. If this was the only toaster on Earth and I was stuck with it I could make due and deal with it- taking the item out mid-cycle and flipping it over so it toasts both ends. But, as it happens, it's not the only toaster on Earth and for just another $15-$20 more, I'd prefer to have something that gets it right the first time and toasts evenly without all the extra hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Makes Good Toast, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Ge 4-slice Toaster
I'm tired of our toaster oven taking up too much counter space and only being used for toasting. The trouble is, toasters nowadays seem to be pieces of junk. They either toast just one side or die soon after purchase.

I bought the GE 2 slice toaster at WalMart for $10 (on sale) and figured no big loss if it acted up or pooped out. So far this toaster works perfectly. We're happy with its simplicity and even toasting abilities. It has nice features--a reheat, frozen, bagel and cancel button. The cleaning tray is easy to use.

I know I'm writing a review for a GE 4 slice toaster, but the 2 slice toaster is identical in every way to the GE 4 slice toaster (minus two slots). Amazon does not carry the 2 slice toaster. Based on their similarities, I'd recommend either toaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars -- My family loves it --, April 21, 2013
Rafael Orta (South Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ge 4-slice Toaster
We used to have to wait for 2 toast at a time, not anymore and it is easy to clean.

Ge 4-slice Toaster