5.0 out of 5 stars EUREKA!
Amazon, apparently knowing how passionate I am about such things, has asked me to review the dust cup filter I recently purchased from them.
Published on July 20, 2007 by Thomas M. Clifford

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of attention
Published on September 8, 2007 by Brian Bussey

5.0 out of 5 stars EUREKA!, July 20, 2007
This review is from: Generic Electrolux vacuum filter pack for Eureka 430 series (Kitchen)
What can I say about the Eureka 62396 Eureka Dust Cup Filter, aka DCF 10? This thing filters dust! And it's in a cup shape that fits handily into the space that the old dust cup filter came out of, making it an appropriate replacement for the old Eureka 62396 Eureka Dust Cup Filter - DCF-10 that I had to throw out because it got moldy. Hint: if you have a moldy dust cup filter, do not turn your vacuum cleaner on. It will smell up your house real quick, I'll tell you what. Unless you want your house to small like an old wet towel that someone's left under the porch.
Dust cup filter! Eureka!

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of attention, September 8, 2007
Brian Bussey "busseyb" (Kwajalein Atoll, Marhsall Islands) - See all my reviews
I agree with the other person's comment that the filter cloggs fast but look at its size, of course it will clog fast. You will need to give the filter some TLC but you don't need to throw it away and especially twice a month. Get some canned air or a Bicycle pump with a needle valve to concentrate the air or better use a compressor to blow the dust and debris right out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars DCF10 is better than DCF14, June 22, 2008
Filter Type Dcf-10

I have two Optima vacumns, one for downstair and garage, one for upstair. I have two dogs. I replaced the original filter (dcf10) with the new
Dcf 14. I like the Dcf 10 so much better. It is durable after many wash and much easier to install. Dcf 14 is made of some kind of fabric the catches the dirt and it is very delicate.

5.0 out of 5 stars wash it, February 3, 2010
I've been cleaning my Eureka filter instead of replacing it so frequently. I remove the entire cylinder, take an old toothbrush, and clean it outside over my trash can. After unscrewing the top, I disconnect the filter and brush it to get most of the dust out. I bang it against the trash can several times, too. Then I take all 3 parts inside and rinse them thoroughly in warm water--I have a power nozzle that really scrubs the dirt out! I rinse the tank, the cover, and the filter thoroughly, then set them aside to dry for a few hours. Works for me.Crucial Vacuum Designed to Fit Eureka DCF 10/14

4.0 out of 5 stars Different Design, same efficciency, May 20, 2013
The filters I received were different than the ones in the picture. They were a little bit longer and larger at the bottom. But they fit perfectly in the vacuum cleaner. Instead of having a protruding end that look like a hose ending the product has an elongated body with a hole that directly fits in the internal tube within the dust cup. It provides additional filter area. Good price and good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eureka Vac Filters, December 13, 2010
These fit my Eureka little green perfectly. I'm not sure they will hold up to cleaning but at this price who cares just get a fresh one every now and then.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better designed!, August 20, 2009
I love the vacuum! However, I don't like the added expense of purchasing new filters every month. Instead, I brush all the dust out weekly and wash it in hot water, then let it thoroughly air dry. Seems to do the trick and the dog hair and dust are cleaned up as well as when it was new. I like the comment by one reviewer of using canned air to clean it. I will try that idea next week.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, tight fit on Eureka Optima Lightweight, January 23, 2014
With tons of DCF-10 compatible filters on Amazon, I've tried several. Like all the others this worked and adequately filtered the dirt in the canister. I use the foot cut off of a pair of nylons slipped over the filter to 'prefilter' since I've got pets that shed a lot of hair. Definitely helps preserves the filters.

On the down side, this filter is a much tighter fit into the canister than the several other models I've tried. The first time it has to be forced, but it works. I'll order another version next time I need to pick some up.

5.0 out of 5 stars What sucks, sucks even better, June 3, 2013
What can I say, my vacuum was having a tough time doing it's job. We thought it was time to take it out back and put it to pasture settling for a broom and dust pan. That is until we learned the filters are not only replaceable but cheap to boot. It's like a brand new vacuum all over again, the little guy works like a charm.

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT THE FILTER YOU WANT, September 19, 2011
Con Sumer (planet earth) - See all my reviews
There are many sellers who sell compatible filters listed for eureka model 430. This is my third filter in two years, including the original. This one is the less durable kind. It's more cone-shaped. I was hoping to get a cylindrical, better quality filter. It costs about the same as this one. That one is manufactured or packaged by EnviroCare Technologies, model or number 946. That was my second filter and i did not know what i was getting until i received it, just like when i ordered this one. That better quality filter lasts much longer. I wash mine after every 2-3 uses. This filter, just like the original, does not last long.

update: i don't know if this vacuum is still around but shortly after ordering this filter i got rid of the vacuum and switched to a different brand that never loses suction with permanent washable re-usable filters. Forget any vac that needs new expensive filters 2-3 times a year.

Rate and Discover Movies