5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUY!!!
Published on April 20, 2011 by HAWAIIAN BUNNY

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected/Confusion
I have to say that I am a little shocked that an item like this even exists. Lets get a few things straight;

Published on September 3, 2011 by Redlettermemory

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected/Confusion, September 3, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)

1- These headphones, unlike some others, and contrary to some of these other reviews, ONLY output other player's voices. They DO NOT output any other game sounds, music, etc. This means that while you are playing you cannot hear the television, for example in a FPS, you will struggle to hear gunfire, footprints of enemies, and so on. The only way to combat this would be to turn your television up. Problem is, because these headphones cover both ears, you have to blare the television at ridiculous volumes to get the same experience you'd have with the traditional Xbox Live headset. This makes no sense to me.

2- Several of these reviews say that these headphones are tight. They are not tight. Not even close to tight, and in fact they are fully adjustable. At the largest setting you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a head big enough to fill them.

Bottom line:

If you're looking for a pair of actual "headphones" that output voice communication and game sounds, go check out pretty much any pair by Turtlebeach. Make sure to take a look at what the cables look like. If you want both types of audio output you'll need the Xbox Live headset connection, like these have, and also another wire that connects with the Xbox directly. Without that second component you'll get no game sounds.

For 7 bucks these are great. I just can't understand for the life of me why they were created. A product that simultaneously improves part of a game's performance (giving you great clarity in voice audio), but completely degrades all other noises from your television by boxing your ears in. I don't get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUY!!!, April 20, 2011
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
Well I dont know why people say it blocks out all other sounds, cause it really doesnt. The audio in and out quality is much like the Microsoft name brand wired headset, the mouth piece is pretty good, the inner wires are covered buy a bending metal cover wire bit. The headphones are tight, i mean very tight at first but afer about an hour or t2o my ears got used to it and the headset was fairly comfortable and with time it will fit like a dream. The build is good, and these things may look big in the picture but trust me its pretty small which is very nice. I say need a replacement but want structure at a low prive then buy this. it'll get the job done and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for the money, April 19, 2012
Sandra Hess-Almodovar (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
I got this headset for my 15 year old son who plays almost every day for 4-5 hours a day. He is very particular about the headset he wears and since I got him these I haven't heard one complaint from him. Not ONE! That means alot.
Thank you for making such a great headset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
It works perfectly, I was very pleased especially since it was so cheap.(: I would highly recommend this Mic. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overall Value!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
If you are looking for an inexpensive Xbox headset, this is the one to try. It's comfortable to wear, works great, and is a great buy at under $10. It's not heavy duty, by any means (what do you expect for under 10 bucks), but it adjusts and fits comfortably on the head, the sound quality is good, and have had no complaints from others on the microphone quality. I really like that the sound goes to both ears instead of just one. Having voices going into only one ear can be disorienting, especially in a 3D first person game. Please note that all headsets that plug into the Xbox controller only transmit voice communication and not game sounds. If you want game sounds in your headset, you need one that plugs into the audio outputs of the Xbox or TV at a considerably higher price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice headset, February 10, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
I rated this headset fairly high because the sound quality is very nice, superior to the regular headset you get with the console. We have owned these for about a week and so far so good. These are an off-brand so don't think you are getting XBOX product here, but it looks very much like an XBOX product and so far we are happy. The one downside I can say, which is not really against the product, but something to think about when purchasing - These are somewhat noise-cancelling, so if you are playing Call of Duty and you want to hear what the game is saying in such matches as Seek and Destroy, etc, you might not like that part of it. For the money these are a pretty good deal and if they hold up for more than 6 months I might even purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, October 30, 2013
Cynthia McDonald "mccindy" (Mondovi, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
My son lives in AZ and we live in MN; these are perfect for them to get online and play Call of Duty together. Great sound, we've had absolutely no problems with them at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't last a month DON'T BUY, February 12, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
This product lasted about 1 month. The internals of it are loose and clank around inside the housing. The mic puck doesn't even fit snug against the controller. The sound is fine but after 2 weeks i would plug the headset into the controller and i wouldn't hear my freinds. I take good care of electronics and it only lasted a week! Save the money and buy some Turtle Beach headphones or just the microsoft headset is much better. This is made in China garbage

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelieveable price for such quality, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
my husband likes to play madden and considering i can hear him and his opponent talking trash back and forth let's me know this was a wise purchase. my husband was going to pay $100 for some xbox headphones. I politely told him i'd take care of it. Thanks for not making a liar out of me lol

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you are looking for Game Audio on your headphones, May 21, 2014
Eric Svatik (Racine, WI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
The ONLY purpose in life for this headset is for live chatting through voice that is it, there is NO game audio what so ever that comes through these headphones. It is a lot of material wasted just for a chat headset, it was poorly marketed and advertised on Amazon's website. At least I only paid 7.00 for it I will never be buying this one again and I would not recommend it to anyone else that is looking to hear in game audio because these are definitely not for in game audio it is only for talking live with other players and that's it.

Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360