5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUY!!!
Published on April 20, 2011 by HAWAIIAN BUNNY

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected/Confusion
I have to say that I am a little shocked that an item like this even exists. Lets get a few things straight;

Published on September 3, 2011 by Redlettermemory

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected/Confusion, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)

1- These headphones, unlike some others, and contrary to some of these other reviews, ONLY output other player's voices. They DO NOT output any other game sounds, music, etc. This means that while you are playing you cannot hear the television, for example in a FPS, you will struggle to hear gunfire, footprints of enemies, and so on. The only way to combat this would be to turn your television up. Problem is, because these headphones cover both ears, you have to blare the television at ridiculous volumes to get the same experience you'd have with the traditional Xbox Live headset. This makes no sense to me.

2- Several of these reviews say that these headphones are tight. They are not tight. Not even close to tight, and in fact they are fully adjustable. At the largest setting you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a head big enough to fill them.

Bottom line:

If you're looking for a pair of actual "headphones" that output voice communication and game sounds, go check out pretty much any pair by Turtlebeach. Make sure to take a look at what the cables look like. If you want both types of audio output you'll need the Xbox Live headset connection, like these have, and also another wire that connects with the Xbox directly. Without that second component you'll get no game sounds.

For 7 bucks these are great. I just can't understand for the life of me why they were created. A product that simultaneously improves part of a game's performance (giving you great clarity in voice audio), but completely degrades all other noises from your television by boxing your ears in. I don't get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUY!!!, April 20, 2011
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
Well I dont know why people say it blocks out all other sounds, cause it really doesnt. The audio in and out quality is much like the Microsoft name brand wired headset, the mouth piece is pretty good, the inner wires are covered buy a bending metal cover wire bit. The headphones are tight, i mean very tight at first but afer about an hour or t2o my ears got used to it and the headset was fairly comfortable and with time it will fit like a dream. The build is good, and these things may look big in the picture but trust me its pretty small which is very nice. I say need a replacement but want structure at a low prive then buy this. it'll get the job done and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for the money, April 19, 2012
Sandra Hess-Almodovar (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
I got this headset for my 15 year old son who plays almost every day for 4-5 hours a day. He is very particular about the headset he wears and since I got him these I haven't heard one complaint from him. Not ONE! That means alot.
Thank you for making such a great headset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
It works perfectly, I was very pleased especially since it was so cheap.(: I would highly recommend this Mic. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, October 30, 2013
Cynthia McDonald "mccindy" (Mondovi, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
My son lives in AZ and we live in MN; these are perfect for them to get online and play Call of Duty together. Great sound, we've had absolutely no problems with them at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, April 22, 2012
This headset was pretty cheap and why i purchased it. It worked well for a few months, but here recently a few people tell me it causes others to hear echoes of my talk. I wouldnt buy this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
I received the item and I was excited because my headset before broke. So I ordered this one and I was excited because I could talk to my friends without Skype so I opened it up and I played. I had a good time until one day I got on to my Xbox 360 and the voices of my friends wouldn't come through the headset it just broke way to easily I only had it for 4 days and the thing stopped picking up any noise and my friends said it was making a beeping noise soo.... over all I'm very disappointed in this purchase but it worked within the 4 days fine but other than that I'm disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't last a month DON'T BUY, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
This product lasted about 1 month. The internals of it are loose and clank around inside the housing. The mic puck doesn't even fit snug against the controller. The sound is fine but after 2 weeks i would plug the headset into the controller and i wouldn't hear my freinds. I take good care of electronics and it only lasted a week! Save the money and buy some Turtle Beach headphones or just the microsoft headset is much better. This is made in China garbage

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
WORST HEADSET YOU COULD POSSIBLY BUY!! The headset arrived broken, the right side speaker was detached inside the headset and rattling around, and it looks and feels very cheap. Spend a little extra money and get a good headset, DO NOT waste your money on this piece of garbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice headset, February 10, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360 (Accessory)
I rated this headset fairly high because the sound quality is very nice, superior to the regular headset you get with the console. We have owned these for about a week and so far so good. These are an off-brand so don't think you are getting XBOX product here, but it looks very much like an XBOX product and so far we are happy. The one downside I can say, which is not really against the product, but something to think about when purchasing - These are somewhat noise-cancelling, so if you are playing Call of Duty and you want to hear what the game is saying in such matches as Seek and Destroy, etc, you might not like that part of it. For the money these are a pretty good deal and if they hold up for more than 6 months I might even purchase again.

Generic Headset with Microphone - Xbox 360