Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Morning Mug (1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: 1pc|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 12, 2012
The imagery for the mug does not show how small it is. For a full-grown man, it is easy to wrap your hand almost entirely around it.

I originally bought this for my fiancee, as she is a coffee lover; never goes a morning without. We own a variety of mugs, but she had mentioned that her basic mug (a gift from a friend who visited Vegas) was about a year old and she wanted to switch it up. I casually showed her this one, she got excited and I ordered it.
While we knew her current mug was larger than most, we can fill it with the coffee from TWO of this mug. This mug barely fills your standard mug over 2/3 full as well, and I felt others needed to be aware of this.

However, size aside, the mug is exactly as picture and behaves exactly the same. Originally it wouldn't fade completely to white, but after dipping it in a pot of boiling water and letting it cool (a few times), the pigment began to behave as expected. My fiancee still uses her old mug in the morning, but found that the size of this was helpful in not wasting coffee as she drank either around lunch or in the evening.

It would be helpful if they had a picture of this mug next to your standard mug, or possibly a soda can, to demonstrate the size difference. I may upload pictures later today if I can find the time.
88 comments| 423 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
the sleepy face never disappears! I didn't read the comments before I purchased since it was only $5.. my bad.
77 comments| 382 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I thought this mug was the best thing and used it several times a week, only hand-washing it. Unfortunately, the graphic on the mug is merely a decal. It ended up peeling off of the mug after about 3 weeks and now it's just a plain, boring white mug. It still serves its purpose of holding my coffee, but it's far less entertaining than it once was. Don't bother purchasing it.
11 comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
Even when I put very hot coffee the mug does not change color completely and looks bad. I sent an email to manufacturer but got no reply
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2013
Not a good mug. Seriously.

I was admiring this online and my sister-in-law noticed and was kind enough to gift it to me. I was so excited to receive it, but my happiness was short lived.

The mug DOES NOT turn white like in the pictures. Those pictures are heavily photo-shopped. It looks pretty ugly since the white sleepy eyes and the "o" mouth don't disappear and it looks like the mug has two faces. Ewww.

Also, no where in the product description does it say that the mug is NOT dishwasher safe. Which of course I learned the hard way. The black color is actually a film of some sort that peeled off half way on the mug. Now I use it as a pen stand on my side table.

Finally, I think my sister-in-law bought it when it was the full $25 price which is so so so over-priced. I almost feel guilty for admiring this mug. Even at $12 it's overpriced for the piece of crap this is.

DO.NOT.BUY. :(
33 comments| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
This product was cute at first. It does not change colors completely and you can still see the sleepy face when the mug lightens up. It doesn't always turn white either, sometimes it's a grayish color. Then, after two hand washings, one side of the face came off. Poor design and quality.
on October 11, 2014
I bought this as a gift. I'm glad I was able to test it out before sending it off to a family member. The photos are misleading. I attached a photo of the actual result. Save your money by not buying this. Would give 0 stars if it was an option
review image
on January 9, 2013
The outside peeled after one use. My teenage daughter ordered this for me for Christmas, and she feels bad that it was bad quality.
on October 16, 2012
Really cute cup! My kids love to watch it when I refill my cup and as I chug down my coffee. BUT It doesn't go to all white. You can see both faces when its hot. :/ A little disappointing but it's still a really cute cup. Not my go-to coffee cup like I hoped but it is my secondary.
on December 20, 2014
I'm kinda pissed. I bought the cute mug in the photo but relieved a completely different mug. Unfortunately I did not realize it was not the mug I ordered until it was opened by a friend- it was a gift for her. I probably would have loved it IF IT WERE THE ONE I ORDERED. So my advice is open and check it before you wrap it and give it to a friend. The packaging did not have any pictures or description either so you have open it. The photo explains exactly how I feel.
review image