Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2013
I don't want to slam the device at all but add clarity to it's titled description. It's impressive how small it is and it records nicely. However, it does not have a motion activated mode as claimed in the description. There is something lost in the definition of Motion Activated. I received it and filed a claim regarding no motion activation mode and their definition and I quote their response; " Motion activated means the item can record clearly when motions".

All video devices do that or expected to when you press the record button. I believe I can speak for most who understand motion activated in the west; motion activated means a device is triggered to start when motion is detected. In the case of a video recording device that says motion activated, one would expect that the recorder remains dormant until it is triggered by a sensor detecting motion. In most cases the device will operate for a given period or until motion is no longer detected. In the case of this device, it does not have a feature that does this. That was the only reason I had bought it.
33 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2015
My expectations were actually quite low on this item but in the long run, it couldn't even meet the minimums. Here are the issues that I had, some of which are very redundant and appear in quite a number of the reviews. First, this thing was obviously used or a customer return. The paper seal on the box was torn open and the inner bag for the USB cable was open and the cable loose. The camera itself was dirty as was the inside of the box. Secondly, I didn't really expect 1080p video for this price but it didn't even rival the cheapest of webcams as far as quality goes. It is awful under any light conditions. Lastly, the photos are 4:3 but apparently the image sensor is wide. Therefore the photos are out of proportion with everything appearing tall and skinny. Oh, and everything is red tinted in both photo and video modes. Again I didn't expect much but this was just terrible. One last parting shot to the company "please find writer of technical to compost much more gooder manual". My goodness, I you are going to go through the trouble of translating the useless manual, at least have someone that has the slightest clue about the language you are translating it to proof read it. On a good note, mine actually worked so I guess that is a bonus compared to a number of other reviews I have read on this camera that report it DOA. If you look at my review history, I am generally quite generous with my reviews but when a product fails this badly it is really hard to find the silver lining.
on July 7, 2014
Nice unit. I was able to use video, picture, recording and motion activation modes. However, when I pointed an infrared imaging thermometer at the device, the IR LEDs were not lit so the night IR doesn't work. Other than the failed IR it is works great.
on January 12, 2015
Well, it does shoot video. It does not shoot 1080 period! The instructions are poorly written and impossible to follow. I just needed a small, lightweight camera to mount to a kite and this fits the bill. The video quality is poor but I'm able to use it and it was very inexpensive.
on July 9, 2015
I was naturally skeptical of this little jewel. It arrived sooner than expected, and had all it's parts, but lacked any means to clip it on clothing. The enclosed DVD was blank, so I had no drivers. I emailed the distributor repeatedly for a driver download, but got no answer. Tried the camera hand-held today anyway without driver, and it worked quite well. No way was it 1080P, but good enough. Got good sharp images with available light indoors which downloaded easily without the driver. After recharging, I intended to try the IR function tonight, but it was not to be. Damn thing went dead, dead, dead. I guess It only had a useful life of about 40 seconds. For what I paid for this POS, I won't lose any sleep, but don't, don't, don't buy it.
on May 25, 2015
Had it for a almost a year and still cant figure it out. Im good at these things and I have tried on window's XP Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Chromebook and Windows 7 Prof. The instructions both online and that come with it are ridiculous. It bad english translation. If it werent 10 dollars i would have returned.
on September 27, 2014
When charging, after 3-4 mins this devices gets so hot you can not touch it!
on January 23, 2015
o.k this is the real deal BIG Q quality very well built, very well instructed...still a little confusing to me.....but WAY better than the others......not big on what i call BAG type batteries,batteries like that overheat while charging ,but this one seems to do well
on September 29, 2014
i don't know if i like it or not. the instructions might as well still be in chinese. how long does it take to charge? how do i know when it IS charged? in simple terms does anyone know how to tell when you are actually recording, or what mode you are in? i don't have the time to sit for an hour trying to guess, so your help would be appreciated.
chapter 2: sent it back. never could make it work, instructions worse than none. on/off button started sticking after about 5 min. of messing with it. adios amigo.
on January 13, 2015
Marvelous little device consisting of discrete, contoured video digital camera (DVR) using many low-ambient light or intense lighting alliteratively. Resolution surprising vivid & clearly recognizable images. After having used & gaining familiarity, will return to review & report back, herein.

If purchased by ShenZhen Pangsji Shenzhen Tech Co, LTD, their post-acquisition w/ generious & responsable followthrought basic opperational instructions