Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on January 5, 2012
I bought this because it was a cheap option. The range isn't as good as my original sensor bar that came with the Wii. If you are within 5 feet you don't have much of a problem. Sometimes the screen indicator shakes and not because my hand.

I can't sit back on my couch if I have to aim. Games like Mario Kart aren't a problem though because you don't need to point at the screen.

*Update* The reason the HDE sensor bar only has 6 IR LEDs, 3 on each side. I think the Nintendo sensor bar uses 10, 5 each side. This might be why it doesn't work as well. You can check the LEDs by looking at the sensor bar through a camera while the Wii is on. I also noticed that the HDE sensor bar is listed like 10 times on Amazon under different Product Titles. Do a "wii sensor bar" search you'll see what I mean, seems kind of shady.

*Update 2(1/5/12)* Bought a sensor bar from Monoprice for about $5 with shipping. Plugged it in and saw an instant difference. I did the camera trick to check the LEDs and Monoprice's also has 6 LEDs but they're brighter than the HDE bar.

The HDE bar went straight in the trash.
on May 30, 2011
This replacement bar worked for a few days, and then stopped sensing the Wii remotes with consistency and accuracy. Even at a very close range, it does not recognize where the remote is. It also seems that only part of the sensor bar is working at this point, and half of it gets very hot and seems to overheat - probably what is causing it to not work correctly. I ended up purchasing another one direct from Nintendo.
on October 12, 2011
We ordered this sensor bar replacement after our cat chewed the wire in half on the one that came with the Wii. It works great just like the original one did, and the wire to plug it in is included. There is a little plastic stand for it and some adhesive included if you like it on the stand, we didn't use that - we just have it sitting on top of our tv like the old one was. If you're looking for a sensor bar replacement and don't want to pay twice as much for the wireless kind that you have to keep replacing the batteries in, this is a good one.
on February 7, 2014
I bought this as a replacement for an official Nintendo Wii sensor bar. The original wire was eaten by our cat. I plugged it in, set it in place and it worked just as well as the official one. It serves its purpose and the kids are happy to use their Wii again. I can't comment on the test of time as I've only owned it now for a matter of weeks.
on February 19, 2014
Our original sensor bar didn't even come with a mount. Our rabbit chewed through the wire on our old one. I almost bought a wireless, until I read all the negative reviews on them. We have cut off the rabbit's access to the wires now, in case you were wondering.
on January 17, 2013
Long sory short, we got a kitten for xmas, and it chewed the wires in half on our sensor bar for our wii the night after we got netflix, we woke up went to turn it on and it wouldnt work! So in the snow and ice, my husband went to walmart and bought a wireless bar, cost over 20 dollars andddddd took 8 AA batteries! So that cost about 30 dollars....and we had to replace the batteries every 2-3 days, that sucked! So i looked up used sensor bars, i paid 17 cents for this plus a tiny amount for shipping, it was here in a week we took that other sensor bar back to walmart and this was a perrrrfect item, fast shipping, works great, thanks so much!
on January 14, 2014
I gave this five stars because well it works. You just plug it into your wii and voila. It has a super long cord which was great. And it just works! Nothing wrong with using generic if its cheaper. It worked the same as our old one except our old Wii issued bar quit working.
on December 11, 2014
Well, there is little to say about it other than it works. I may be jumping the gun a little on this review because it won't really be used much until after x-mas, but I usually don't have trouble with electronics beyond a few weird quirks (I'll update if it decides to not work). Fun fact for you: These things work by "shining" two infrared lights a certain distance apart, the Wii remote sends the signal back to the console of where those two lights are to it and the console takes care of the rest. The only thing different from the original I can see is that I don't think it came with the sticky whatsit to cement it on top of your telly.
on December 30, 2015
Ordered this some time ago and never gave a review about it, well decided to today. Thumbs UP!!! for this sensor bar it has lasted a life time LOL. Its still running and has not yet failed me and my family. overall great product for the low price I paid for it. This item is a clear path deal!!! Cant go wrong! especially for the price Im a satisfied customer. Thanks
Through the years we have had to replace our sensor bar several times. This one works just as it should. Better option than using candles which is what my kids do when we have issues with our sensor bar.

See 1 answered question