Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on June 24, 2013
I picked up this Genesis Miter saw stand as a upgrade for my Ryobi Miter saw stand. For the nice look and price I couldn't turn it down. It has everything my old stand doesn't - easy mobility, strength and stability, as well as quick and easy adjustments to manipulate the stand to accommodate all of my needs. The saw was in sturdy packaging and was very easy to assemble. It even has various bolt sizes in case I upgrade from my miter saw later on. It was very easy to assemble with directions that the normal user can understand. I like the stability and the tightness of the stand, no wobble, no loose parts including the extension arms(The extension arms were a little tight when extending, but it was nice to have no wobble when using the stand). The adjustable leg comes in handy if you need to move to a grass or gravel surface to make cuts and keeps the stand stable as well as balanced. The quick release saw mounting brackets worked nicely with my current miter saw and kept the saw locked snug to the stand. After use breaking down the miter saw stand was great, the legs have quick release pins that break down fast and your ready to move. My old stand had bulky legs that were a little difficult to break down, and when I say break down I mean the miter saw has to come off, then you have to take the legs down and carry the stand separate from the saw. This new Genesis stand has wheels, the option to take down the stand with the saw still attached, and can be rolled to the vehicle or trailer to go to storage. It is also compact and uses hardly any room. I would recommend this Genesis Miter Saw Stand to any user DIY, Weekend warrior, or construction worker. After seeing the quality of this stand I plan to purchase the Genesis 12" Miter Saw Stand to accompany it! Love the Genesis Products!
on June 17, 2013
I bought this unit as a replacement for a more expensive aluminum stand and I am impressed. It works perfectly and the all-steel construction makes this stand feel virtually indestructible and solid.
It was very easy to assemble; the instructions were clear and uncomplicated. The Mounting Brackets fit perfectly to my saw and the stand included more than enough mounting bolts to fit whatever saw or other tool I might put on it.
I especially appreciate the tool-free adjustment of all the supports and accessories.
The wheels are a great feature and the quick-fold design enables me to move the saw around my job site with out taking it apart or needing to ask others for help.
When not in use the Genesis Heavy Duty Miter Saw Stand folds easily - either with or without the saw attached and neatly stores away in my truck or garage.

Good price, heavy-duty all steel construction and stores away with no problem-- five stars all the way!
on October 21, 2013
There is a manufacturing problem with this stand. I have had two shipped to me and both have had the same exact damage to one of the extension arms that holds the riser/roller. Amazon is great of course and shipped the second one to me ASAP with free second day air so I had the second broken unit quickly. Not wanting to send another back I carefully "fixed" the smashed piece to the point it would work appropriately but still...a brand new stand smashed at the factory. Buyer beware. There is a manufacturing issue with this stand. It is made in China and there seems to be no quality check/control. So buyer beware.

Functionality: the stand is fairly sturdy but being that it folds up the legs do have more play in them than maybe you might think. However the stand still is sturdy when a saw is in use. But closing up the legs and moving the stand with a saw on it is a tricky thing. While the stand might fit "most" saws my Hitachi 12" sits to the side and as a result weighs the stand unevenly. This may be by design however as the point the cut is made at is centered on the saw. However, it happens that when I lift the stand to close the legs I have to be very careful about the balance of the unit or the saw will easily drop to one side. You cannot lift the carry end of the stand very high either or the physical structure of the stand will get in the way of the wheels and you will be dragging the stand and not rolling it. A six foot man such as myself has to stoop to move the stand on the wheels. So while it does roll it is not the easy breezy thing the picture on the box might make you think it is. And balance is an issue. It would be a better stand if I had three or maybe four hands.

Bottom line: this is an okay stand with some manufacturing issues that are not being paid attention to and the functionality of the stand is not exactly what I was led to believe. But for $139 after all is paid it's not a bad stand either and I have been using it with decent result.

If I had it to do again, barring damages, I would probably purchase another brand of stand after some deeper research.
on May 24, 2015
Don't know how I ever lived without this. I would say this is a must have for everyone from the professional to the weekend warriors who want to tackle a small project.
Every aspect of this is fully adjustable (except overall height). Coupled with my compound miter saw this is the most used tool in my garage. I have used it for over a year and have packed it around to numerous jobs. Has held up well - only issue I have had is the adjustable foot fell off, which I was able to fix.
on October 30, 2013
For my birthday, I bought myself the Genesis GMSS400W heavy-duty saw stand. My older Hitachi mitre saw anchors to the saw stand perfectly. Took minutes to put together, and immediately I used the stand and mitre saw to cut some frames, and the stand was very solid to work with. The stand weighs a bit for this tool gal, but with the rolling wheels on one end, it was no problem moving it around. Really like the product and highly recommend it.
on February 21, 2014
I've seen several miter saw stands that cost significantly more: DeWalt and generic. I like this one the best. It was less expensive, but of a perfect design. The saw-mount slides smoothly; the reach of the roller supports is wide enough to support full length lumber. It even has the innovative design of having wheels for easy transport (when folded up); not even the more expensive makes have this feature. Well built of heavy-duty, tough material. Easy to set up. Worth more; the low price is merely another "perc". A great addition to any workshop!
on September 12, 2014
Easy to set up and handles my 12 inch sliding saw without a problem. Sturdy design is strong enough but I wish it was somewhat lighter and had better wheels. All in all it does the job at a reasonable price.
on March 25, 2015
Overall a great bargain. It does the job quite well. The only issue that I have is that the extendable supports seem to stick all the way in and it take a good rap with a chunk of wood to loosen them. Also, the tightening knob should have a pin through the bottom. It has a tendency to come off when loosening and then I'm picking up pieces. Small things that would make this a 5-star review if addressed. I still recommend the unit.
on March 20, 2016
Wow, this thing didn't work. I bought this stand a while back to mount my 12" Dewalt upon. Taking it out of the box was all you needed to do to realize how badly this tool was manufactured. From the machined threaded bolts not being the right size to fit the knobs for the adjustable arms, to the plastic knobs not fitting correctly, to the arms/rollers of the stand not being level, you get the idea. I didn't bother contacting the manufacturer (admittedly, my purchase could have been a horrible lemon) b/c it was so bad I wasn't sure anything they offered would be worth the effort in replacing. Also, I waited a while to take the item out of the box and start a project I had planned. Either way, the end result was me taking it apart and putting the parts in the trash can a few weeks ago, and I'm just now getting to the review. I'm not necessarily blasting the company as a whole (they may make other fine tools for all I know), but this thing was a POS.
on August 2, 2014
Arrived with rust stains on it.
Thought about returning but figured i could live with it.
Seems well made, fits my dewalt saw and is easy to use.
i'd give it 5 stars but when i buy a new product i don't want it to look worse than tools that have sat here for years