4.0 out of 5 stars Good for energy
Published on January 6, 2013 by Aaron C

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Raspberry Ketones
Published on January 9, 2013 by William Scott

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Raspberry Ketones, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Genesis Today- NEW PURE RASPBERRY Ketones 60 Cap Bottle - 30 Servings - 800mg PER SERVING - Promotes Fat Buring - NO Fillers (Health and Beauty)
Dr. Oz recommended real raspberry ketones. Real raspberry ketones are responsible for the aroma of raspberries. When I received my bottle, it did not smell or taste like raspberry, so I called the company. They said that real raspberry ketones are too expensive for them to make. These are synthethic. Common sense says that if it does not smell like raspberry, it is not the same substance, and it probably will not have the same effect as the real substance.

Update: I came across an authority on supplements online (Andrew Lessman) who basically discredited Dr. Oz, and compared his ketone show to a big infomercial. Despite the fact that Dr. Oz and his guest kept talking about the "research", there have been no credible studies done on the effects of raspberry ketones that have been screened for bias. If you wish to read an article that Andrew wrote about this, search for his site and then type in raspberry ketones into his site search feature...Amazon deletes direct links, sorry. Anyway, Interesting article. It also states that real raspberry ketones are so expensive, and the synthetic versions are so cheap to make, that almost all the pills that you are going to be able to afford will be synthetic, no matter what they try to make you believe. I emailed a few other companies pushing their "natural" pills and asked, and I got no response from any of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning about this product's side effects., January 11, 2013
I took this product for about 4 days then began experiencing shortness of breath. I didn't connect it at first and continued to take for 7 days. I did lose weight. In 5 days I lost a pant size. But the shortness of breath got worse and finally I realized it had to be this product. I stopped taking it a little over 48 hours ago and I still have shortness of breath. Now, I have never had this problem before in my life. I have always been very active and walk a lot with no problems. I researched it on line and finally found a research company that will answer questions. I was told that if it cost only 20.00, it is not pure Raspberry Ketone and, in fact, could contain anything as there are no laws about what they can put on a product. He said the fact that it caused me to lose weight so rapidly must mean that it contains other things like caffeine. He said the product had caused my blood vessels to dilate which causes the shortness of breath. When I asked how long it would take for this product to leave my body he said that drinking a lot of water would probably help so I'm doing that now. I am supposed to leave on vacation in 5 days and I will need to be l00%. The way I feel now I'm very much afraid that I will not be. What is so scarey is that all the sites claim that Raspberry Ketone has absolutely no side effects. This is simply not true. ADDENDUM...I'VE JUST SPENT 12 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL WITH ATRIAL FIBRILLATION. I ACTUALLY HAD TO HAVE MY HEART SHOCKED BACK INTO THE CORRECT BEAT. I WAS PERFECTLY FINE BEFORE I TOOK THIS PRODUCT SO I KNOW IT CAUSED THE ELECTRICAL IMPULSE THAT THREW ME INTO A-FIB. I HAD TO CANCEL MY TRIP OF COURSE. ADDENDUM - I have now found another reviewer who says he called this company and was told that this is not actually Raspberry Ketone but is, in fact, a synthetic because the real thing is too expensive to make. AND, I found another person's review on another site where this may be purchased. That person reports shortness of breath also. If anyone has shortness of breath after taking this product they should go immediately and get an echocardiogram done. APRIL 2014 - I am still on heart medication because of what this product did to me. I will have to take these medications the rest of my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for energy, January 6, 2013
My wife and I took these for the last month or so and we like them. They give you energy, but different from caffeine - not as intense but you won't feel jittery on these at all which we thought was a big plus. Ketones are also supposed to suppress your appetite and reduce cravings. I'd say it helped more with the energy side of things than the appetite, but it still helped I think.

We start taking green coffee bean capsules more recently and if you are looking for a pure appetite suppressant, we'd both recommend these; Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract Plus Capsules + FREE Raspberry Ketones Powder (Svetol GCBE (1 Bottles) + FREE Raspberry 25 Grams). Really worked for both of us AND more importantly the combined weight we've lost over the past month is close to 20 pounds, now the plan is to keep it off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave me palpitations with first dose, August 22, 2013
I bought this same product at my local organic grocery store. I'm a fairly fit, active person but I just wanted to see if this could help me loose those last 5-10 lbs. I took my first dose today (2 tabs, half an hour before lunch, as directed) and just a few minutes later my heart was pounding very fast. I have never had heart problems--I'm in my 20s and I run often so my resting heart rate is in the 50s. This was very scary for me and I almost called 911 when I was panicking. I didn't and just took a walk outside until I calmed down. Then, I read reviews that said similar things. This just confirms for me that nothing beats good ol' fashioned healthy diet and exercise!

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, July 19, 2013
I bought a bottle of this same (the bottle was the same)product at Central Market. When you opened the bottle, the raspberry smell was amazing. I was suspicious when I opened the first bottle, the seal didn't appear to be secure and it looked like someone had stuffed the cotton ball into the top. I looked at the capsule and it was sparkly...I opened it up and poured it onto a plate and then opened the one I had bought at the grocery store. The grocery store item was a powder (smelled like raspberry) and was a bigger capsule. I opened the second capsule, it was shiny...looked like fiberglass particles. I am taking both products to a compounding lab to see if they can tell me what was shipped to me. It definitely wasn't raspberry ketones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Don't Waste Your Money, February 24, 2013
These pills are not for me. For one I have an irregular heartbeat and these pills had my heart beating so fast for about 3 days. after reading the other reviews I know that I wasn't bugging out and these pills are DANGEROUS!!! be very careful...

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont fall for the scam, September 3, 2013
Once you get the pills they tell you that you need several pills throughout the day so the bottle only last you 2 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong supplement, May 28, 2014
The item arrived within the time stated for arrival and was well packaged and damage free.
The supplement is strong and you can feel then extra energy it provides.

1.0 out of 5 stars usless, July 3, 2013
Had no weight loss even though the product was taken as recommended along with garcinia cambogia, I do not recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 4, 2014
will buy again once the price drops back down. It really helps with weight loss. Pills are small and easy to swallow.