5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Buy
Published on February 14, 2011 by Emma

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks like a $10 watch
Published on July 1, 2011 by L. Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Buy, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Geneva Platinum CZ Accented Silicon Link Watch, Large Face (Watch)
I had been looking for this watch style for quite awhile. The prices of watches, at the stores, ranged from $48 to $200. I was a bit skeptical about purchasing an $8.00 watch, but after reading all the other reviews, I thought I would give it a chance. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. The watch is exactly as pictured and described. It actually looks so much better than many I saw in the department stores. I have a small wrist, but it was no problem to trim/cut the band to better suit my wrist. It looks great! I was so amazed that a nice looking watch could be purchased at such a low price... plus the shipping charges can't be beat. I paid $10.94 inclusive of shipping... what a fantastic buy. I am now going to order this watch in a couple more different colors!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 24, 2010
MMM (Irvine, CA) - See all my reviews
This watch is great. I love everthing about it. The color of the band is bright white and very comfy as its silicone. The CZ is bright and clean. I have gotten so many compliments on this watch, and only $20, great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Cheap, October 5, 2010
Hannah (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Love this watch. You can't necessarily tell the band is made of silicone, which I like, but it's so easy to keep clean and white. The CZ looks great and the face is very easy to read with bold numbers.

The first week I was wearing it, the cover of the face (CZ included) popped off the watch. It snapped right back on and has held since then, so I think it might be an intentional part of the design to allow for cleaning. Anyway, for $20 you can't beat it.

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks like a $10 watch, July 1, 2011
L. Robbins (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this watch because it had 20 rave reviews all giving 5 stars. I feel like I need to be the honest voice. When it came I thought, "Well, when you buy a $10 watch you get a $10 watch." It is embarrassingly cheap. It is NOT a link watch. Instead it is a solid silicon band with a link pattern pressed into it. Several of the rhinestones in the bezel were sitting off center ready to fall out and one was missing. I sent it back for a refund the same day. If you don't want a watch that looks like it cost $10, look elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute but it broke!!, September 1, 2011
I thought this watch was very cute and I dont think that it looked cheap, but it broke after I only wore it a couple times!! The strap detatched, which I was able to fix. It came without a working battery, which the seller replaced. Then one day it it just stopped ticking. I dont know what is wrong with it but I know it isn't the battery since it has a brand new one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Geneva watch, September 16, 2012
The thing that is on the side of the watch to set it is broken after 2 days of wearing it I cannot change the time now

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not love this more, September 5, 2011
Purpledog (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
I have 7 of these watches in various colors and will definitely be purchasing more. I find them very easy to read even when not wearing my reading glasses without squinting or having to pull my wrist to my nose to try and see the time (which was the point of getting such large face watches). For those of you like me who have no clue what a millimeter looks like, these large face watches are 1.5 inches in diameter from edge near the '9' to the edge of the stem near '3'.

I originally ordered the white and black and within hours of receiving those two, I was back ordering the black with the gold case, another white, purple, red and navy. The bands are very comfortable, easy to keep clean, easy to put the watch on even if you have arthritis in your hands that is crazy-bad in the early morning and late evening. This watch stays where you want it to be on your wrist without falling down like a bangle/cuff bracelet (I have those kinds of watches as well)and these actually work and keep excellent time. What more could one ask for at this price?

I will caution those considering these for the larger face option, many of these colors also have regular sized faces so be sure to read the actual description below the product, not just the title. I made that mistake in my exhuberance to get it in different colors and the navy one has to be returned: small face. In addition to that on the navy one, the stem was positioned so deep into the case, and then protected on 2 sides with the little 'columns' of silicone that hold it in place on the strap, that I simply could not pull the stem out to set the watch or activate it. I did remove the little plastic protector positioned there to protect the stem during shipping, but without jamming something sharp beneath the stem to pop it out, no one in my family was able to pull the stem out to set this for me. And because I have so many watches and switch them almost daily, to preserve battery life, I deactivate them when I remove them for the night (pull the stem out to stop the battery from running when I'm not wearing a particular watch). Because of the 'most excellent' price of these, it would have been just as easy to keep the watch, pop up the stem, and just leave it running all the time including when I was not wearing it, however, the fact that I can hardly see the smaller face means it just has to be returned. So be sure you read the specifications closely.

Now, I'm off to choose between a light pink or a teal....hmmmm, decisions! Decisions!

Buy this watch. You cannot go wrong. Oh, additionally, with the silicone strap/band, if you find it too long, it is easy to trim some off with scissors but be careful you don't take so much off the remaining portion outside the buckle doesn't poke out from your wrist while wearing the watch. You want it to lie flat and still remain in the two "gosh-darn-its". That is the term my mother used for those little cross straps that hold the excess band in place after you buckle it. We never knew what to call them, so she gave them a name. And by the way, each of these Geneva watches (at least the ones I have) have 2 each of 'gosh-darn'its'.

Edit: 9-15-11 I must wear the white watch more often than the others because yesterday I noticed the very edge of the watch case itself, where both sides jut out to provide the area for the watch band to be attached to the watch itself, has black marks on both sides. This is a bit hard for me to explain but coming off the round watch case on both sides, there are 2 metal 'arms' that hold the watchband onto the watch. It is those 'arms' that are either scratching or marring. I noticed it first on the 'arm' that I can see the best when wearing the watch so that is the 'arm' on the inside (toward my elbow) and also the inside portion of my wrist (toward my right arm). I wear my watch on my left wrist. The black mark on the white watchcase makes me think of a child's white patent leather shoe that gets those black scuff marks on them that are difficult to clean/fix. I can only guess this probably happened from carrying stuff - maybe groceries, canned goods, laundry, etc. But now that I know this, I'm glad I originally purchased 2 white watches - I'll wear the marred one for everyday at home and keep the newer one for special occasions. But at such a great price, I'm not too upset over the small defect in the paint on the watch case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, terrible service, June 24, 2011
I ordered this watch because I previously had the exact same one, but I broke it. It is a cheap watch and is solely for looks, but within 2 weeks of having it the dial to change the time broke off. I was not upset by this, but I have tried to contact the seller multiple times about offering a solution and they refuse to respond. Obviously they do not stand behind their products well enough to correct problems. I would recommend buying from a different seller

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS WATCH, January 21, 2011
oh my, i LOVE this watch. after seeing Sandra rock one of these style watches in the Blindside I had to get one. This one is inexpensive but looks great! So comfortable. nothing has fallen apart and I wear it frequently. very stylish and can be dressed up or dressed down! LOVE IT. strongly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stones are falling out, February 13, 2014
The watch itself was fine. After wearing it a few times the stones started falling out.It shows clearly that stones are missing

Rate and Discover Movies