‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reset may solve problem, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Genie 37220R Replacement Safety Beams (Tools & Home Improvement)
I was all ready to replace my sensors when I came across this suggestion from another web site:

"Unplug your garage door opener motor head from outlet and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Sometimes these sensors just need to reset."

One of my sensors would not light up, and the garage door would not stay down.

I tried the reset by unplugging the power for fifteen minutes, and it solved my problem.

Hooray!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to install, February 12, 2013
My original beam set failed after about 4 years which indicates a poorly designed/engineered product. This replacement set installed easily and fixed my problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, February 17, 2013
Wink "Wink" (Florida, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Work as it should and got here fast.Installed in about 20 minutes with out any trouble.Best price I found on the web and a lot better than the stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., April 27, 2013
I ordered these as a replacement for my old garage door. Easy to install, and within five minutes my garage door was up and running.

5.0 out of 5 stars seller delivered fast, easy install and product works perfectly with my Genie garage door from 1997, November 22, 2013
Before deciding to purchase a new garage door sensor make sure your old one is indeed not functioning.

When the LED starts blinking it means that someone or something is in the way of the sensors. If nothing is blocking them, then it could mean that the sensors are not aligned. You might have bumped into one of them so move it a bit until the 2 sensors line up with one other. Once aligned, the red LED will stop blinking and just be a solid red. If that does not work and the light still blinks or there is no light on at all, make sure that both sensors are getting power. Check to make sure a plug didnt pop out of one of the sensors (if you have the older plug in model that i had) or that a wire nut didnt fall off and the copper wires became untangled and loose. If the red LED light blinks that means that particular sensor is getting power so check the other one for power issues. If all else fails then maybe its time for a new sensor.

I purchased the GSTB-BX to replace my broken garage door sensor from 1997. It was an older design where the garage door wire had a small plug at the end of it that connects into the sensor. One particular day when cleaning the garage my broom made contact with the sensor wire a little too hard which broke the plug tip.It could not longer fit into the sensor socket properly and kept falling out. Genie did not carry this old plug anoymore so I decided to electric tape it to the sensor which allowed it to work again. However a small bump would shift the wire and loosen it. So tired of this temporary solution i decided to purchase a new sensor.

This new GSTB-BX sensor is 50% cheaper here on Amazon than at at the local Home Depot. Ive had it for 2 weeks and it works great so far! It does not have that brittle plug/socket connection that my old sensor used, but rather 2 screws that you hook pigtail wire copper around to tighten which is much more efficient. Also, the bracket is already built into this new sensor so you dont have to screw it to the sensor either. Lastly, both sensors contain a light unlike the old ones. One contains a red LED that blinks when something is in the way of the sensors and the other one is a solid green LED that lets you know that the sensor is receiving power.

The installation was quick and easy. I contacted Genie to ask if i needed to shut off the electricity of the garage to do the installation and they let me know that it wasnt neccessary. My old connection had the garage door wires coming out of the wall which connected to 2 pigtail wires with wire-nuts. The other end of the pigtail wires connected into a plug that went into the sensor. The sensor screwed into a bracket and the bracket screwed into the wall. So i took the wire-nuts off the 2 pigtail/garage wires and untwisted the copper wire connection. Then on the other end of the pigtail wires, I cut off the plug and stripped the insulator wire back about 1.5 cm (refer to instructions that come with product for exact lengths) with a wire stripper and created a J hook shape with the exposed copper. I then removed the old bracket/sensor and screwed in this new Genie Gstb-bx .That copper J shape wrapped around each screw in the new sensor which, when tightened, held it in place tight. On the other end of the pigtail wires, the coppers wires were twisted together with the garage wires and a wire-nut cap was placed over to keep them secure. And wah-lah I was done!

Hopefully this review helps anyone looking to purchase this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garage door repair, January 6, 2013
This was the easiest repair I've ever made! So perfect for our problem. Easily installed and immediately corrected our garage door issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 24, 2012
Worked as expected. Replaced my old sensors which we damaged during the hurricane Sandy. Everything was good. Worked right away

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to installed, July 6, 2013
I like this replacement for my old broken down sensors, I just installed them in place of old ones and worked perfectly .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 15, 2014
Took about 5 minutes to install to replace old Genie sensors that were about 10 years old. Old sensors were causing the door to not go down without holding the button on the indoor button panel. Has been working flawlessly since purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great on Overhead Garage Doors, June 13, 2014
I own an Overhead Door Python 1 Chain Glide garage door opener model OCG710
and the red LED light kept blinking on the sensor, indicating a problem. I tried to align the sensors but could not get the light to stop blinking. There was nothing blocking the beam and both LEDs were lit. I could open my garage door with the remote but it would not close because the blinking red LED was mal-functioning.
I was going to order the safety eyes from an Overhead door parts company, but found out that the overhead and genie are comparable to each other. Amazon was 50% cheaper than the parts company so I took and chance and ordered from Amazon.
All I can say is I glad I did. They're made different from the old square design I had, but I just attached them to my old brackets and wire and both LEDs were now solid lit and not blinking.
I pressed my remote and the garage door opened, pressed it again and it closed.
Problem solved!