Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on June 1, 2012
I have never seen a HD advertised Vehicle Recorder that creates quality that makes you guess about everything in the video.
You can not read anything and there is definitely no detail. The quality is so bad it looks like it is a 200pixel x 200px image that has been stretched to 1280pixel x 768pixel just to call it HD.
This is a joke and a true rip off. You may as well flush your money down the toiled. Very disappointed with this product ... Will return it at once.
on February 15, 2013
I'm a truck driver and I have been using a Genius DVR-530 for almost a year in a tractor/trailer. The video I get is very good. Maybe the people who are complaining about the picture have not adjusted the resolution. The only complaint I have is the time and date have to be set often. I like the 5 minute video segments because I can save a segment to my laptop easily. I only wish the company would put a "quick guide" on their web site. Setting the time and date is complicated and I can never remember how to do it and I can't find my "quick guide".
on June 19, 2012
I bought it from another site (not Amazon), but want to add my two cents.
This item is almost useless (despite the fact that it is still working after about a month).

The biggest problem is a very poor video quality. Forget about HD mode - there is absolutely no difference between HD mode and 640x480, but the file size. It can be accepted only there is no sun and you stay on red light. Then you probably can recognize the licence plate of the car in about 3-5 feet, no more, in front of you. Otherwise you'll see just white or dark "something".

Audio quality is not very important as video but it's more horrible. The mic will pick up all the background sound like a permanent buzz, even if your car is not moving.

So I'm very disappointed with this "camera" and highly wouldn't recommend this camera to anybody.

2012-08-07 Update:
Once you got this "camera" be ready that there is NO customer service. Of course, you can contact Kye... something company, send them emails, call them but it doesn't work, because nobody needs to answer. Forget about refund of any shipping costs. After almost 2 months from my first request to the company I still didn't get anything (refund, replacement, whatever..). Worst experience...
on May 31, 2012
This is the worst piece of garbage I ever bought. The resolution on this [So Called] HD is so bad that you can't see a face even if hes right in front of the car. All you see is blurry things, forget about seeing a license plate or a driver. Yes my windshield is sparkling clean, The camera lens is clean, I set all the right settings, The resolution is set to the highest setting (1280 x 720) but you can't see a darn thing. It's a real piece of China garbage. Don't waste your money.
on November 18, 2012
... the video quality is poor, the sound ditto, but for the price, I didn't expect anything better ... :(
BUT
after using it for less than a month, no more than 10 times, less than 1 hour a time, when I went to use yesterday
IT JUST FRIED ON ME !
Yup ! I plugged in, AS USUAL, and voila ! A smoke smell invaded my car ! It's dead now ...
GREAT ! (NOT !!! )
Now it's just JUNK !
I'll keep the battery, the SD card AND THAT IS IT !
The rest will inhabit the nearest landfill asap !

BOTTOM LINE : I agree with ALL previews review above: this is a product not worth
even thinking of buying ! The quality is worse than bad . IT IS A PIECE OF JUNK !
If possible , I would give it -5 stars !!
on June 12, 2012
This camera is horrible. The only thing that makes me feel good about it is that I knew for the price I was paying ($40) I wasn't going to get the best quality. I did think it would be some near the specs advertised though. It doesn't come close to the advertised HD. The quality is some where in the less than 1 meg pixel range. I wanted to record while driving, but I can barely make out what I recorded. Even the sound quality of the mic is horrible, could barely hear anything on high volume; and I had the windows closed and car radio off when recording. Saw a video review of one of these but for the life of me I can not figure out what camera they actually used, because it wasn't this one. Please, if you looking for a decent car camera, keep looking. Don't even bother buying this at discount, you will still get ripped off.
on October 28, 2014
This thing is worthless. It turns off after 2 weeks of use saying "battery low" regardless if it is being charged or not. The quality is really low...for sure no HD. DON'T BUY!!