5.0 out of 5 stars Classic and fun shoe, January 20, 2012
meodep (Woodbridge, VA USA) - See all my reviews
These shoes seem to be made of high quality materials and are very comfortable. They look more delicate and less clunky in real life versus the online photos. I love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Feminine Oxford, June 2, 2012
I have been kind of looking for a nice soft. leather oxford. It was not something I had to have, but something that was on the back burner that I wanted. They are beautiful and good ones are a breeze to walk in. I was looking at some Gentle Souls Sandals and saw these and immediately bought a pair.
I bought these in blue and they are the most delicate baby blue ever seen. Because I had read multiple reviews of Gentle Souls shoes, I thought the shoe ran big, so I ordered these a half size under my usual 7. That was a mistake. I have come to believe that a 7 is a 7 is a 7, and do not mess with it. Other sizes my vary, but sevens seem not to. My foot did slide right into the six and a half,but it is tight. I will put it on the stretcher for a day and it will be fine. I thought about sending it back for a 7, but they were out of that size in all colors. Live and lear.
But, even though it is a bit tight, it is a wonderful shoe. It is well made with a quarter inch heel. It looks smashing. I think a higher heel just looks clunky.
Gentle souls makes two kinds of foot beds. One is quite thick and gives you the feeling that you are walking on clouds. Then they make a slightly thinner one which contains the same components to provide ease of walking. This has the thiner foot bed, but the ease of walking is still amazing...miles beyound the shoe that is leather to the the pavemet. The sole of this shoe is made as follows: the insole is deer skin (Deerskin is as soft as a babe's cheek), then there is a layer of flaxseed that lends ease of footing and cradles itself to fit the shape of your foot. The outsole is latex. It is glued to the sole. For assurance of adherence, there are tacks in the arch area to ensure that the outsole stays put.
Aside from being beautiful, it is also a very well made shoe.
If you can find one of these in your size, hurry up and get it before it is gone! It is an amazing shoe. If I were a little kit, I would be so entranced, I would wear them to bed with me!
A great shoe at a great price. Buy on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, June 17, 2011
Julie Gandy "Business Book Junkie" (salt lake city, ut United States) - See all my reviews
Love this shoe. It's a tailored oxford that is not clunky. Ultra comfortable and feminine. Very soft versatile color of pink. Great with Jeans.

Rate and Discover Movies