Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on January 27, 2013
I purchased this OEM power jack connector for my 1.5 year old Asus K53S laptop. I had it installed at a local laptop repair shop. The guy who installed it said that it works for now but he couldn't guarantee for how long. He said the original part is soldered to the motherboard and that this OEM part is just slightly different and not as well made (apparently you can no longer buy the original ASUS part nor the motherboard for this particular laptop). Being thus disappointed in ASUS since the jack failed just after the warranty on the laptop expired, I opted to get this part so that my laptop wasn't just a very expensive paper weight. While my laptop is fixed for now, the advice from the repair guy was to try not to move the laptop much to avoid any strain on the charging port and cord. Will report back with any issues. So far it has been one month with this part installed and it appears to be working fine under 7 hours + of use a day.

Update: As of November 2013, the port quit charging the laptop so I guess I got almost another year out of the laptop. I can't really say where the failure was as I am not paying another $150 to find out from the computer repair place. The problem could have been the port itself or the motherboard. I can only say I will never buy an ASUS product again. So many people have had this same problem. Now on to figure out how to charge the laptop... Ideas, anyone??
88 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2013
I installed this on my wife's K53E, the original lasted about 6months, I took it back to have it repaired at BB, the second lasted about another year, so hopefully this will last the rest of the life of the computer, but I have my doubts.

The installation on the K53E is fairly straight forward, but it would have went better if I had solder braid since it is very close to other connectors. Other than that this power jack fit perfectly and worked as soon as I turned it on!
on January 4, 2016
Worked perfectly. Don't attempt putting it in though unless you REALLY are good at removing and replacing motherboard jacks. This was a delicate operation getting the factory plug to come loose. Every bit of the laptop had to be disassembled to get to it. Ground yourself well. So far it has held up but given the nature of the ASUS board repaired, it will need to be done again durring the life of the laptop at least a few times. After four months, it is showing signs of a loose connection again. Not the fault of the charging jack, but of the laptop design. The original power jack seems to be exact in kind.
on April 28, 2016
The previous OEM power jack had broken at the power line that connects the jack to the motherboard. When soldering in this one today, I noticed that the same line on the new jack felt very loose. Not knowing everything about the construction of these jacks, I feel that I can't take away more than one star. Regardless, I am afraid that the problem may just repeat itself. If after a few months I feel the port has held up well, I will increase my rating of this item.
on November 13, 2014
Used to repair an ASUS K53V. Followed some youtube videos and everything is awesome once again.

Helpful hints: If you're new to this sort of thing, I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you can find a video/tutorial featuring equipment similar to yours - there were a ton of screws in my Asus and I had to disassemble almost everything to get to the power jack. You can take notes, pictures, whatever helps keep it straight. Youtube has great videos on soldering/desoldering and flux is your friend. If you have some junk electronics, you might want to practice first. There are several different, tiny types of connectors that have to come loose. Make sure they all get securely reconnected or you'll have to tear it all apart again (like me).
on June 9, 2015
Looked exactly like the original that came off the motherboard. Granted the last picture of this product threw me off because it makes it look like there are prongs pointing the wrong directions and the one prong sticking in the back is all silver in the picture but the actual product has it as copper plated prong which is better in my opinion which is what the original had.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
This power jack worked perfect for fixing an Asus laptop where the power adapter would not charge the battery because of a loos connection inside the frame. Pulled the old one out and re-soldered this one and it works perfect now. Cheap fix.
on April 24, 2016
Perfect solution for my broken ASUS charger jack. I kept having to bend my plug in and finally it just didn't work at all. I assume that's when the last soldered connection busted. The biggest pain is how many pieces have to be removed to access the location of this jack but now the plug in is working perfectly and it has been for the last 6mo and counting.
on July 7, 2014
This little item, give new life to my daughter's laptop (Asus K53E)
the worst part is take the old connector out, but using wick copper desoldering can be done.
(http://www.amazon.com/Aven-17541-Desoldering-Wick-Width/dp/B003E48ERK )
on February 28, 2015
Worked like charm for ASUS K53E.

Everybody advised me to purchase a new laptop, but I knew everything worked perfectly but the power jack. A had a friend soldered this and it works perfectly again. Much cheaper than getting a new laptop if yours works just fine!