Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oregon G3 Gator Blades, Set of 3
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 21, 2010
I live on five acres and mow all of it with a 54" Craftsman rider. As you can imagine, I get gobs of seat time and have a pretty good idea of what running a residential mower is all about. I sharpen my blades myself as required (which is pretty often) and go through about two sets of blades a year.

It was time to replace my worn out factory style blades again and I figured I would give the gator blades a shot...The installation was the same as any other blade and the mower sounds the same but BOY this thing cuts a lot nicer now. Thicker areas that would normally lug the engine (even with new, sharp factory style blades) don't lug as much with the new Gators. Overall, they allow you to cut more grass at a higher speed and reduce your mowing time. The size of the clippings hasn't changed to my naked eye - I do have a side discharge though; maybe they much better in a mulching mower.

Good product - will order again for sure
on June 24, 2010
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST AFTERMARKET MOWER BLADES THAT I HAVE EVER USED. IT IS EVERYTHING THAT WAS DESCRIBED. THE BLADES ACTUALLY CUT BETTER THAN THE FACTORY BLADES. MY RECOMMENDATION TO EVERYONE IS TO REPLACE THE FACTORY BLADES WITH THE GATOR MULCHER BLADES.

THE BLADES CUT MY LAWN EFFORTLESSLY - NO CHOKING DOWN ON THE MOWER. THE MOWER NEVER STRAINED WITH THESE BLADES. DUE TO MY CUTTING WITH THESE BLADES ONLY ONCE, I HAVE NOT HAD TO SHARPEN THEM YET. THE FACTORY EDGE WORKED WELL FOR THE FIRST CUTTING.

Set of 3, Genuine Gator 3-in-1 Mulcher Blades To Replace Craftsman, Poulan, Husqvarna Blade 187254, 187256
on August 14, 2011
Product works great. Sears wanted $75 for a set of regular blades for my mower, but I picked these up instead. They work great, better than the plain Craftsman blades. I use a side discharge mower, and the grass is ejected very smoothly and finely.
on April 9, 2012
Some of the thickest, strongest mower blades made. These are a lifesaver if you live in areas with rocks, or other objects that are hard on your mower blades.

Get them online and save a LOT of money.
on June 28, 2011
These mower blades function exactly like the manufacturer says they will....reduced my bagging volume by more than 50% and gave my yard an overall better cut. I had problems with corners when I used my tractor's factory blades...the cut was uneven and not clean. The gator blades cut the corners exactly the same way as the straights...perfect. I would highly recommend these!
on November 3, 2012
I've used these for over 10 years. So much better than stock blades. Much thicker and heavier gauge. Keep in mine these are mulching blades so although they look almost menacing, they are not really made for tall grass.
on June 22, 2012
I purchased a set of 3 Gator blades on 6/21/2012 and I think they are the greatest invention since the riding lawn mower! I was not surprised to experience the great cut and finely cut minimal clipping discharge due to the fact that I had Gator blades on my old 46" mower. I attached the new blades to my 54" Excellerator GT 28hp Craftsman deck. I notice an instant quieter hum, the discharge was much less and unlike another review there were no uncut strips. The blade lengths are exactly the same as OEM. The price is good, the blades are thicker and wider. Before I secured the blades I made sure they fit then put a razor sharp edge on each. I noticed the spark rate was much less than my OEM blades proving that the Gator blades are made of higher quality steel and/or hardened to a higher Rockwell hardness.
Why buy any other blades?
on October 7, 2012
The blades were easy to attach and I could tell on the first few passes over some tough pasture grass that these are the blades I will use from now on. It is the third set of blades and they are doing a great job. After the 4 acres we cut, it looks great and it was a very even cut all the way.
on September 15, 2013
I've had my riding mower a little over 2 years. I use it to mow a 2 1/4 acre yard. When I noticed the blades had become dull I decided to buy new blades while I sharpen the old ones and keep them as spare. I came across the Gator blades and reviews were all good. I watched a youtube video and learned to install them myself. After the first cut I realized there was something wrong as there were clumps left behind. I did a little research and learned that other folks had made the same mistake, being installing the blades upside down. Unfortunately, there are no instructions to tell you which way the blades should be put on. So, remember the teeth should face up toward the deck and the smooth side down. Once I re-installed them the proper way they worked like a champ. I'm really happy with this product and its price. I would highly recommend these Gator blades.
on September 17, 2012
I have used 3 different brands and types of blades on my Craftsman Lawn tractor and this is the best by far. Cuts great the first time.Even when the brush is 2 ft tall I don't have to go over and cut again. Highly recommended.